Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Artus Corrupt Officer

Default Artus Corrupt Officer

What is the trick to beat Accalia in Dead mans Hand? I get to a point where she does chain Crowning blows and kills be real fast.

I have tried kiting, CC, Heals, Bubbles.

I have looked online and when others fight her, she attacks only by range.

IF you're referring to the battle in the boat, Accalia enrages at 75, 50 & 25%, to cancel the enrage use one of the ballistae in the corners of the hold (each can only be used once) then she won't hit so hard. Also avoid the AoE stun cast 'Abhor the Weak' (may not be the exact name) by running 8m away from her, you can see the range of the stun if you have all particles on. Should be a pretty easy fight.
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________________________
    The world we know is cold and hard; the weak shall be trampled underfoot and the strong will march forward to glory.

Also, when she is stun by the ballistae (or occupied by frenzy pet/DS, or when you have a bubble or whatever), you can click on the wooden lever to release a captive which will grant you a sweet buff.

Really, it's an easy fight.
    -
    Fun fact : Not actually the same guy as the player named "Jaedelyia" in-game. Never though I would one day encounter a guy with the same nickname as this one.

Good point Jaedelyia, I forgot the captive buff. This stacks & gives increased mitigation & DPS for up to 3 minutes but I rarely bother to use it these days. All 3 stacks on my Sin gave 66% mitigation & 765.5 base DPS
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________________________
    The world we know is cold and hard; the weak shall be trampled underfoot and the strong will march forward to glory.

Problem is the cast time of releasing captive is the same as the stun time of Accalia, so often she wake up and hit you at 95% cast time and interrupt you.

Doesn't seem to work for me. I'm a DT and I get her to 75% and none of the ballastrae are clickable. The only things that are clickable are some barrels above the voodoo doll. I got her down to about 20% a few times before the cut scene happens, then I'm dead.

Quote Originally Posted by newfangle9 View Post
    Doesn't seem to work for me. I'm a DT and I get her to 75% and none of the ballastrae are clickable. The only things that are clickable are some barrels above the voodoo doll. I got her down to about 20% a few times before the cut scene happens, then I'm dead.
    I think you are fighting Vayaspara... at this boss fight you don't use the ballistae.

Don't really know how this fight works but you must kill her BEFOR the Voodoo doll melts.

One boss has the voodoo doll: I've always just dpsed her to get her dead before the doll dies. As I understand it, you have to douse the voodoo doll with the barrels when they are clickable to put out the fires on it and dps the boss in between.

I can kill the thing on my bear shaman without clicking barrels

Thanks for the quick replies, I'll give that a try, didn't notice the difference in boss's names. Still relearning the game after a long time away )

Barrels are broken anyway. (Buggy for me at least, and also for a friend of mine that told me the same thing. I made a thread on Bug section of testlive forum about it, do not hesitate to post if you have the same problem)

You are suppose to click on one of them to extinguish the fire a few second after Vayaspara's big fire attack, but while they are clickable, they do nothing. So it's just a DPS race, give all you have on Vayaspara. Easy for most classes, harder for some.
    -
    Fun fact : Not actually the same guy as the player named "Jaedelyia" in-game. Never though I would one day encounter a guy with the same nickname as this one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast