Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Have No Sound

Default I Have No Sound

I just downloaded the game for the first time. The game has no sound...It seems to play just fine, just no sound. All other games, programs, and internet have sound...just not this game. Any suggestions?

Play around with the settings in the patcher until you hear the "ba-dum" sound when patcher is ready to start the game. You should have sound in-game then.

I do hear the "ba dom" in fact i hear sound in the "nvida" part as well...its just after that it goes dead..I have duel monitors could that be messing it up for some reason?

When the games running. Alt tab out of it and check the volume control panel. AOC might be turned down or muted.

Also make sure audio is enabled in the game obviously.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Ok I've tried all the suggestions in this thread...and I've completely uninstalled and reinstalled game...nothing...Silence.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? No other game/program has had this problem.

Yeah, have you played with all the audio settings, once you are in game? There's a bunch. Also, the multiple monitors thing cuts the game sound for me when I click outside the window, so that's normal I think? It's odd though, that you hear the sounds at the patcher, but not ingame. Hmmm.
    Yangrin | Yangbear | Krem | Marsheesh | Oforawesome | Pappalegba | Yangryn
    -------------------
    Age of Conan Wiki | Still waiting for Half Life 3 - FU Gabe Newell! / May 2014 Update! It's apparently been "worked on"!!!!! #Sarcasm | PvP approach: The 'Cup of Tea' stratagem. That upon finding myself in a PvP zone & being attacked, I get up, walk away from the keyboard and go and make a cup of tea.

Had this problem before. In the patcher I set sound to Stereo and it fixed it. Might help?
    Daedylus - Ranger, PVP 10 (Fury)
    Ehlicya - Sin, PVP 5 (Fury)
    Prysm - Ranger, PVP 5 (Rage)
    Tantylus - HOX, PVP 6 (Crom)
    Oculys - POM, PVP 3 (Fury)

Have same problem, not tried with stereo sound though, will try in the evening ;-) But tbh... having surround setup would be nice if it would be usable.
    Last edited by nedbee; 3rd October 2013 at 08:19.
    aocfeats.com - Age of Conan feat planner
    Tutu - Dark Templar | Tuts - Bear Shaman | Nedbee - Demonologist

Try Options-> Misc -> Audio -> integer/floating/auto. Restart the game after each change.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Yeah, maybe this integer/float thingy... Changing stereo/surround did not help.
    aocfeats.com - Age of Conan feat planner
    Tutu - Dark Templar | Tuts - Bear Shaman | Nedbee - Demonologist

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast