Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PvP build questions

Default PvP build questions

Hello, i have some doubts about what feats to use for pvp.

http://goo.gl/e79BDS this is the build that im using for minis and world pvp. and i think it's a very standard build.
    but the problem is im not full AA or fully geared demo.
    1)wouldn't be better for me to have a conflag/gen or havoc/gen build to get increased protection and armor and also purge?

2)what's the difference between a conglag/gen and havoc/gen? which is better for pvp? is it congflag because of faster casting spells? or havoc for big damage and demon heals?

thanks so much for your replies fellow demos.

that is a cookie cutter demo spec and it works fine. if you want to go into the general tree you should go tribrid, something like http://goo.gl/oKkQfS is good. havoc/general is awesome for sieges and conflag/general has no serious use.

@op: your build has some points missplaced , leading to lack of utility and extra dps that wont even contribute to the outcome . Check this build , never failed , will never fail on the right hands .
    http://goo.gl/Agx35
    also , dont invest on shockstrikes ... if ure hybrid ur friend is FoG , despite the fact you feat havoc . Shockstrike is an extra circumstancial tool , not a main dps spell for several reasons.

Demonic hearth of Chatha makes u a beast ... add BK invuls + AAprowess invuls , do the math

Wicked Bolt ... ALWAYS 1 point there . If u could have 2x KBs , why have just 1?!

Overload ... this will help a lot if ur a kinky SW demo

Fury of the Underworld ... just get ur cacodemon up and enjoy the outcome ... Burn down 3% of a barb's life on each caco's hit

Chained Shockstrike ... no ,.no , total waste

Scorch .. OFC must have in pvp ... 25% reduced healing .. ofc must have

Black Ashes ... Hell yea , lets neutralise those 50FCPoints CR pot the enemy guard just bought! (not only the enemy guard , but the enemy conq also , the enemy rang aswell , oh that hox bought a CR pot ? , neutralise that too! )
    Fury:
    Etheecx -Necrow R5
    Ebedokles -Priest of Agrigento [threw himself into the volcano!]
    Teargarden -Sin R8
    Teagarden -Ranger R7
    Tempgarden - DeaTea R8
    Teadealer -ToS R3

Crom:
    Ethicx -Demonologist R10
    Bedtime -Guardian R5
    SponsoredHox R3 delight

*Chaotic gooD*

Quote Originally Posted by Audrey- View Post
    @op: your build has some points missplaced , leading to lack of utility and extra dps that wont even contribute to the outcome . Check this build , never failed , will never fail on the right hands .
    http://goo.gl/Agx35
    also , dont invest on shockstrikes ... if ure hybrid ur friend is FoG , despite the fact you feat havoc . Shockstrike is an extra circumstancial tool , not a main dps spell for several reasons.

Demonic hearth of Chatha makes u a beast ... add BK invuls + AAprowess invuls , do the math

Wicked Bolt ... ALWAYS 1 point there . If u could have 2x KBs , why have just 1?!

Overload ... this will help a lot if ur a kinky SW demo

Fury of the Underworld ... just get ur cacodemon up and enjoy the outcome ... Burn down 3% of a barb's life on each caco's hit

Chained Shockstrike ... no ,.no , total waste

Scorch .. OFC must have in pvp ... 25% reduced healing .. ofc must have

Black Ashes ... Hell yea , lets neutralise those 50FCPoints CR pot the enemy guard just bought! (not only the enemy guard , but the enemy conq also , the enemy rang aswell , oh that hox bought a CR pot ? , neutralise that too! )
    Build you posted is ok, but why you say to not invest on Shockstrike?
    And why you say that Chained Shockstrike is a waste?

Imo in PvP Shockstrike > FoG most of the times (not always), and CS is part of the reason.

Yes you have your big AoE (Inferno of Amher and Shockblast) but nuking up to 3 players all togheter from 30 meters with a Shockstrike looks bad to you? (+ splash damage if you feat Discharge SS aswell).

FoG to me is the way to go in PvE build. There it makes sense because of the extra damage you get with Amassed Flames (though even in PvE most of the times WoF with RoF is the right key spell, and Shockstrike fits better in a WoF rotation than FoG).

In PvP FoG makes sense only for 2 reasons: shorter cast time and Incinerate.

So yes, situationally FoG could be better than Shockstrike.

But honestly I like those 3 points in Chained Shockstrike, I would not say they are total crap.
    I would put 3 points there instead then on Fury of the Underworld.
    Last edited by Korando-AoC; 2nd July 2014 at 06:55.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

The debuff from 2 points in black ashes is nominal, and adding incinerate to it even less nominal. I think it's a waste of points.

Recently, I have been trying to use wicked bolt, but at a 5 meter range and 1 second cast time I maybe have gotten it off 3 times in 20 tries, it's so easy to just run out of range with such a long cast time, it's just as bad as the sin fear. Almost worthless, except if you can use it on someone else who is engaged with another team member, which works ok sometimes.

This is what I have been using lately, I have noticed some dps loss with PoD missing but having the extra root/snare break seems a good trade off for that, besides incinerate procs ate up most of the stacks anyways, and there are a bunch of other classes than can stack blistering wounds.

http://joharaoc.eu/feat?link=v6_12c6...8da818c1a19b55
    Last edited by Suctum; 2nd July 2014 at 09:18.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    The debuff from 2 points in black ashes is nominal, and adding incinerate to it even less nominal. I think it's a waste of points.
    scorch the whole enemy team . yea probly not worth the points if its to nerf full team's healing effects and combat rating
    my demo is cimmerian = True statement
    Fury:
    Etheecx -Necrow R5
    Teargarden -Sin R8
    Teagarden -Ranger R7
    Tempgarden - DeaTea R8
    Teadealer -ToS R3

Crom:
    Ethicx -Demonologist R10
    Bedtime -Guardian R5
    SponsoredHox R3 delight

*Chaotic gooD*

scorch the whole enemy team . yea probly not worth the points if its to nerf full team's healing effects and combat rating
    my demo is cimmerian = True statement
    The combat rating decrease is hardly enough to make a difference, I didn't say scorch was bad, but its not needed for pug minis. I don't see the point in feating black ashes outside of a premade build, where slight advantages can make the difference, but not pug minis.
    Last edited by Suctum; 2nd July 2014 at 09:39.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    The combat rating decrease is hardly enough to make a difference, I didn't say scorch was bad, but its not needed for pug minis. I don't see the point in feating black ashes outside of a premade build, where slight advantages can make the difference, but not pug minis.
    how would u feel if someone removed the chest armor part from ur (hypothetical) barb ? or ur (>>) conq , or
    I would feel less secure , tbh.

That's the thought here , i want enemy team to play without chests , even if its duncalord on the other side , doesnt matter

but ofc , different pov's are respected
    Fury:
    Etheecx -Necrow R5
    Teargarden -Sin R8
    Teagarden -Ranger R7
    Tempgarden - DeaTea R8
    Teadealer -ToS R3

Crom:
    Ethicx -Demonologist R10
    Bedtime -Guardian R5
    SponsoredHox R3 delight

*Chaotic gooD*

how would u feel if someone removed the chest armor part from ur (hypothetical) barb ? or ur (>>) conq , or
    I would feel less secure , tbh.

That's the thought here , i want enemy team to play without chests , even if its duncalord on the other side , doesnt matter

but ofc , different pov's are respected
    How does removing combat rating simulate removing a piece of gear from your opponent? It only effects 1 of 10 different types of stats on that piece of gear.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast