Thread: DT or BS?

Default DT or BS?

Hello. i was thinking on having a main melee class. right now my main demo is a lot of fun. but the most fun feature in AOC is the melee combat system . i've already played melee classes so don't get me wrong on me been a total AOC noob. and i need help on choosing a melee class to stick with it. i've tried all classes here. but a lot bored me. rangers are too easy, sin's kill so fast, is not even rewarding for me (cause no matter what, you will always kill fast)conquerors are jokingly easy and OP and so on...
    so i'm between these 2, the bear shaman or the dark templar and i need advice from you guys (focus on pvp please, im not much into pve):
    -I've already played DT but i leave it on lvl 50,i didn't die much once i got heavy armor and the damage is decent. i wanted to know how is the gameplay further up lvl 50+. does it change? does it add something cool? will lvl 80 minis be a pain without VoM and pvp tier 1?(i ask this, because as a demo i had a lot of fun without pvp tier 1 yet and i also killed a few geared players in every mini)are DT only a meat shield whom i will be only capping flags and no kills?

-I've played with BS but i leave it on lvl 40. i tended to die a lot, but that was so long ago (back when i first started playing aoc), i played very noobish with BS. i think i remember not even using manifestations so i missed a lot of BS key spells and skills. people say bs are very good at surviving and supporting team, and also deal damage. and that increases even more at lvl 80. is this true? will lvl 80 minis be a pain without a key perk (dont know any from bs)or pvp tier gear? does it add something cool at lvl 40+?

thanks for your advice.

great class picks

DT and shammy are 2 classes that played with lots of skill are OP

kind of the equivalent of pom in casters

theres more to manage with these classes than demos or necros. why not lvl both, time train AAs on both of em. while at it, lvl a barb, a more simple gameplay (dependant on good ms for that combojump imo)

played barb for a years, wish I would start shammie earlier, awesome class, dt still level 16 for few years
    Sarcopthes- main, retired barb
    Rugewit - young beast, bs

go for dt. vs noobs is OP but vs players that actually KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!! its not that good, and rather pick any other class ^^
    The Law

Have you considered picking up a HoX?

Quote Originally Posted by Treras View Post
    Have you considered picking up a HoX?
    he wanna play melee class, not close combat battlemage with 1 button to spam xd
    The Law

DT is more selfish in terms of gameplay.
    Without gear and AA, you won't be killing much and will most likely have to carry the skull, since you can't bring anything else to the table.

To put things simply, as beginner, you have better odds at changing the tide of a game with a BS than with a DT.
    BS is simply better in terms of teamplay, without question.

Now, as newbie healer, you'll be targetted much more, because people know that even a fresh BS can be a threat by keeping his teammates alive thanks to direct heals, protection buffs, manifestations, etc.

All in all, i would go for BS myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post
    DT is more selfish in terms of gameplay.
    Without gear and AA, you won't be killing much and will most likely have to carry the skull, since you can't bring anything else to the table.

To put things simply, as beginner, you have better odds at changing the tide of a game with a BS than with a DT.
    BS is simply better in terms of teamplay, without question.

Now, as newbie healer, you'll be targetted much more, because people know that even a fresh BS can be a threat by keeping his teammates alive thanks to direct heals, protection buffs, manifestations, etc.

All in all, i would go for BS myself.
    Thanks, nice advice i like that. as my Demo, i get targeted a lot in minis due to high damage, and it's even better when they can't kill you because you get back to your team, and they in anger chase you straight to your team and they are the ones who die haha. so as a BS i can do much more for my team than a demo good. i think you got me convinced

To people who told me to make a barb. i'll make one i love the challenges, and also to be good at that. won't be my main melee class, but i will definately have one.
    thanks everyone !

Quote Originally Posted by Victarionh View Post
    Thanks, nice advice i like that. as my Demo, i get targeted a lot in minis due to high damage, and it's even better when they can't kill you because you get back to your team, and they in anger chase you straight to your team and they are the ones who die haha. so as a BS i can do much more for my team than a demo good. i think you got me convinced

To people who told me to make a barb. i'll make one i love the challenges, and also to be good at that. won't be my main melee class, but i will definately have one.
    thanks everyone !
    have fun