Thread: Noob AA question

Question Noob AA question

Hi all. I'm a total noob and this is my First MMO.
    I'm a lvl 23 Ranger,( a mistake ?) and I'm trying to assign my AA points but it keeps saying "You do not have the required Expansion" .
    So do I need to get an Expansion, and if so, which one ? I thought I only needed to be lvl 20.
    Also, I'm really disappointed in my Ranger, I like the class, except they get zip for Off Hand hit and seem a bit weak compared to others of the same level. So I was thinking about a Tank. Either a Barbarian or Conqueror. Any advise as to which is the Better ?
    I'm also a Premium member if that makes any difference.
    I'm loving this game so far. It's really well done.
    Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

The expansion needed for AAs is Khitai.
    About off hands thingy, well with ranger the only thing viable besides the range weapons are 1HE sword + shield.

If you feel like you'll play the game for quite some time (or more ^^), buying Khitai isn't questionnable, this expansion is a must once you'll be level 80.
    Last edited by Religolibri; 7th February 2014 at 02:32.
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

Hi there

Religolibri is right. Everyone goes to Khitai at lvl 80, that is where the endgame takes place. And you need that for the AA-points.

The Ranger...well, it's a matter of taste, but I prefer the melee classes. More fun to play, since you have more clicking to do and you have beautiful fatalities

As for the tank question...A barb is no tank, but a damage dealer.
    A Conq is a tank, but can also be one heck of a dd. It's a very flexible class, but of course it lacks the aa-roque skills.

Therefore, most of the time, you will be required to tank in dungeons. But Conqs bring lots of damage along, unlike guardians, and are quite easy to play. I would recomment that class.

Thanks for the info and advise. I'll get the expansi0n post haste.
    I see myself playing AoC for quite awhile. A lot of options and ,so far,Great community support. I mean,it took no time to get a response..Thanks.
    I was leaning towards a Conq for my next toon,so I guess that's what I'll go with. I like versatility.
    Thanks again.

Do not bother with AA for the moment. Level to eighty slowly, then purchase premiumm and after that, the expansion!
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Ok..I got it..DUH !!! In my haste I over looked the "Lvl 80 " part..I'm already Premium,so I at least got an expansion with that.
    Thanks for the replies.

You can train the three top rows of AA as long as your character is above level 20 and you got premium subscription with Khitai expansion.

Conqueror is fun and in its current state very powerful. It can compete with good single target dps classes, and it can tank the toughest encounters in the game. It is not as gear dependant as for example the Dark Templar. It might be hard to get spots in raids as a Conqueror because right now, it is definitely the most popular class in Age of Conan.

Dont bother with AAs. They are mostly a lvl 80 thing anyhow. You do need the expansion for them but really that can wait. At lower levels you can get some resistances and such but you really dont need it.
    At level 80 yes you should get the expansion and assign your AAs.

AS for class your ranger is 2Oish. Thats a good level to know if you like it and to go try another class. Usually the rule of thumb in this game is make a toon level it to 20s and then try another that interests you level that 1 to 20s then pick the one you like most.

Decisive and Pressing Strikes are nice when leveling... They make a significant difference at 2-3 points.

Buying Rise of the Godslayer gives you 1 free month of subscription. You can't access RotGS if you're not subbing even if you've bought it. Savage Coast of Turan is for 50s and buying it doesn't get you anything extra but it'll be open even if you're not subbed.

You also didn't need to spend a dime before getting to 80, you wouldn't have lost out on anything significant. But if you've bought RotGS and are subbed, you get 1 AA per level up so you can get important AA stuff as soon as you reach 80.

Also play herald because it's best class.