Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Rangers...

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    Yeah or Conq's Burst of Aggression. Random changes that pretty much no one ever liked lol
    at least boa doesnt do damage haha

I'll never understand why conqs waste BOA as aoe-kb when I am the only one around and their normal kb deals dmg whereas BOA doesn't. About rangers: Nerfing TTS is a good first step, but it needs much more than this. What annoys me most is the huge mana-drain of their traps. If you only face one ranger you could resist this, but this happens rarely. Lately I had a figh in BR vs. 3 rangers and I felt like always OOM- that's really not funny. Is the mana drain of ranger traps bugged?
    Bendowill (Ranger) / Liangxiao (BS)
    Gjalskia (DT) / Beacor (BS, Saga)

Quote Originally Posted by Bendowill View Post
    I'll never understand why conqs waste BOA as aoe-kb when I am the only one around and their normal kb deals dmg whereas BOA doesn't. About rangers: Nerfing TTS is a good first step, but it needs much more than this. What annoys me most is the huge mana-drain of their traps. If you only face one ranger you could resist this, but this happens rarely. Lately I had a figh in BR vs. 3 rangers and I felt like always OOM- that's really not funny. Is the mana drain of ranger traps bugged?
    because they are bad. that is why they even have boa feated to start with.

Yes, I can say I think it is. It completely drains all mana on my toss, making me sit around corners resting to get it back while others jump up and down in front of me for heals... Its very stupid at the moment. Then again, most things are in this game.

I bet funcoms fix to this is to increase the mana pool of casters to compensate for the trap ****. Or make bigger pots. Perhaps we could all use more pot. IDK.

BTW, this is a new issue. Something in the last weeks that just started. Its never been like this before.

Gear revamp even nerfed bad the dps with sword so playing ranger, you don't have a chance to play the class in a somewhat funny what. It's "go for easy feat everybody already used for years" all the way.

They need to make this class more hybrid and balance in both melee and ranged. And yeah drain trap are too op, and ofc placed in the feet tree everybody use anyway because it's op (range kb + rending strike 2K dots).
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

Default topic fail...

Again rangers..u guys are so boring..Ive said that 1 million times..probably u haven't read..so..Let me give u some tips..Pvp in Age of Conan as it is right now is not class related..
    Meaning there are no classes who are better than others..They all die and they all do fine..Its only a matter of setup..and group..
    If ur group helps,and they focus fire in one player each time,2 vs 1,3 vs 1 they all melt in seconds.clothies faster..common sense..
    But if group are k/d whores,or they hide,or they don't bother etc..u will be ress farmed no matter ur class..Trust me I do minis on a daily basis..
    Now if u insist to pick up an op class I can help u..That is Dts..People who pvp know what I am talkin about..Totally ridiculous class..just a lie..
    Rangers?all u need is to be persistent..go after them.dont stand looking at them..They re not gonna take a photo out of u..So to end this..Funcom nerf the stupid op Dts..cause they ruin the game...and ban all hackers for life..(None of the above will happen)..But we always can hope..!!!

I know this thread might not be very witty and comunity complains about ranger for ages, but this surely for reasons that becomes more clearly nowadays when players retired their tank classes for pvp (for some reasons..) and (re)rolled a ranger. Ranger is not the only class which reward the player almost redicilously, there is also demo and nec but these classes die much faster and you need to know how to kite if you wanna be good- a ranger has always his traps to escape from dangerous situations. It's actually only little changes what's needed, like nerfing of TTS but also take the instant dmg from rangers for advantages.

After all what's most silly about rangers is surely the dumb playstyle of 99% of the ranger population. You can have such an impact with this class if you play supportive and use your traps for your team and not to escape, to just sometimes go in into the fight kb multiple targets and snare them at same time (shield bash is so sweet^^).
    Bendowill (Ranger) / Liangxiao (BS)
    Gjalskia (DT) / Beacor (BS, Saga)

Rangers are a plague, completely useless most of the time.
    It's really obvious in JS, they stand in hide waiting for an easy kill to come by, don't cap, don't attack important targets.
    Most of them are purely leechers.

The class being completely retarded leads retards, trolls and cripples to roll it, quite normal.

As for DTs, OP as fvck that's true, but conqs and poms are right there too, and those classes are actually useful to their team.
    While rangers bring nothing at all since most of them only kill leech.

I don't count how many JS have been lost because 3-4 rangers were staying in hide leeching easy kills.
    Anyway, i guess i just hate them, just delete the class already.

I know this thread might not be very witty and comunity complains about ranger for ages, but this surely for reasons that becomes more clearly nowadays when players retired their tank classes for pvp (for some reasons..) and (re)rolled a ranger. Ranger is not the only class which reward the player almost redicilously, there is also demo and nec but these classes die much faster and you need to know how to kite if you wanna be good- a ranger has always his traps to escape from dangerous situations. It's actually only little changes what's needed, like nerfing of TTS but also take the instant dmg from rangers for advantages.

After all what's most silly about rangers is surely the dumb playstyle of 99% of the ranger population. You can have such an impact with this class if you play supportive and use your traps for your team and not to escape, to just sometimes go in into the fight kb multiple targets and snare them at same time (shield bash is so sweet^^).
    You can't even do that, that much since revamp. Every class does so much dps, you insta die when you try to play with balls.
    Class is just pure range noobery now. Oh and did I mention the nerf on melee, to make it sure the few who used it won't anymore.
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

a ranger has always his traps to escape from dangerous situations.
    and use your traps for your team and not to escape,
    Does not compute.

Anyway...I think it was our beloved Sil who has stated in some interview that there is always one easy class present so even cripples can have fun...in not so many words :P
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast