Page 19 of 38 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: Sidar's DT guide

you should prioritize your DT's function, if you wanna tank Str is valuable, cause of the combat rating+armour.

Dt's like to get a wisdom set cause they like to have a DPS set they can show off with, and the highest dmg you can do is by scaling your magic dmg. you should really read the guide. (first post)

''Suicide clown'' suit is such a strong expression. If you get some minus hate pieces it can just be ''Clown suit''

top a parse in a raid without dying and no one calls you a clown.

Wisdom gear is useless.
    ╔═╗╦╗╦╗╔╦╦╕╔╗╔╗╔
    ╟═╢╟╢╟╢╫──╢╟╢╟╬╢
    ╨└╨╨╜╨╜╙╜─╨╙╜╨╙╜

Works well enough for me with tapping. I dont have an Ibis yet, and to gen hate on Zodiac as offtank I gotta go balls to the wall with nearly 1K magi-dams with a whopping 18% crit with my Censure tally and pieces of WISsy gear.

When you have a better chance of picking up PoM/ToS Khitai gear than you do tank (STR and prot) gear, you make use of what you got. You'll be amazed what you can do if you learn as much about the in's and out's of your class and match it to your gear. Especially in light of the fact DT's are controlled by it. Anyway, WIS doesn't suck. It's a means to an end. Very situational though. We dont all have uber-mates corpse-dragging (you're the corpse, dead-weight) us through 6mans and raids relentlessly.

When it comes to drops, it's almost as if FC have an algorithm in place that scales the loot to drop disproportionate to the classes in the group; like HoX gear drops in Warmonks when there's no HoX. Mmmm, paranoia.
    Last edited by stiiixy; 6th August 2013 at 05:47.

Using magic damage on zodiac is not a good move since the mini bosses have high magical protection, so going full physical damage gives better results there.

Magical damage will only shine on unbalanced encounters like in T3 and trash in t3.5/4, but only because that's how the encounters are, unbalanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post
    Using magic damage on zodiac is not a good move since the mini bosses have high magical protection, so going full physical damage gives better results there.

Magical damage will only shine on unbalanced encounters like in T3 and trash in t3.5/4, but only because that's how the encounters are, unbalanced.
    wut

Considering you can solo tank and do single target DPS of >2000 on zodiac with the right mix of physical and magical I think you have it all 'wrong'. Seen a DT in non selective parsing do 3000 in defensive stance for the duration of the fight while solo tanking the boss.

I do the same on my dt with full physical (and i never use pots), and lol at non selective parse.

Yeah, try filtering out damage done to Symbols before you brag about any numbers. Any damage done to Symbols are completely useless, except for draining purposes. You want as high dps as possible on the Season bosses and they have very, very high magical protection.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post
    I do the same on my dt with full physical (and i never use pots), and lol at non selective parse.
    I put that there because some people don't know how to use ACT.

Selective parsing I've seen around 2200.

So yeah, I think I'd stick with the magic damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    Yeah, try filtering out damage done to Symbols before you brag about any numbers. Any damage done to Symbols are completely useless, except for draining purposes. You want as high dps as possible on the Season bosses and they have very, very high magical protection.
    Checking it right now, 2.5k crits on VOM and Shadow Hex and 1800 hits on Sadistic Soul. They do not have "very very high magical protection".

Quote Originally Posted by Boesch View Post
    I put that there because some people don't know how to use ACT.

Selective parsing I've seen around 2200.

So yeah, I think I'd stick with the magic damage.
    Your numbers are S**t! Go check your parses again, or learn use the program in the right way!