Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Advice for returning BS

How about heal-rating in Raids T3/T4 then?

i've never used my bs in t4, but in t3 the extra heal rating is also quite situational... most of the times you won't need it... in fact as default i use vision of the sky, not the bears...
    unless the tanks are new and/or with bad gear, of course...

anyway, you can also try to get the blunt from aok, that is very similar to the wolves one. if you are lucky, you will save some rares and gold...

http://static.is-better-than.tv/armory/grimwrest.jpg
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Heal rating is useless so i wouldn't bother with it. Youll be able to heal perfectly find every 6man and raid with out the heal rating or AA heals. Like ive said just farm the WB next month and get the t2 blunt and youll be set for PvE and PvP.
    Keella - LvL 80 BS - PvP 10.50 (Main)
    Lexxiia - LvL 80 Ranger - PvP 7.68 (2nd Main)
    Sskylla - LvL 80 Sin - PvP 4.55 (1st Alt)
    Lexxaa - LvL 80 Conq - PvP 4.20 (2nd Alt)
    Esteell - LvL 80 HoX - PvP 2.05 (3rd Alt)

Quote Originally Posted by m4gg0t View Post
    Heal rating is useless so i wouldn't bother with it. Youll be able to heal perfectly find every 6man and raid with out the heal rating or AA heals. Like ive said just farm the WB next month and get the t2 blunt and youll be set for PvE and PvP.
    Sure, all 6mans and raids can be doable without heal rating assuming your group is up to it. Sometimes you don't get great groups and every little bit of extra healing you can do may make the difference between success and fail. Why limit yourself to only 1 set which makes you less useful overall as a player?

As easy as they are to get, might as well grab both the T2 blunt from World boss kills, and the Rhino blunt from Fort. Either one would pretty much be just fine for starting T4 to get the best weapons.

Cause you can get better things theb just stacking heal rating for a minimal upgrade to your AA heals. Better off stacking DPS as that will help your group a lot more. In my whole time of gearing up my BS ive never bothered with heal rating or much with the AA heals cause i don't see the benefits. There are other things in the AA that are better to get first.
    Keella - LvL 80 BS - PvP 10.50 (Main)
    Lexxiia - LvL 80 Ranger - PvP 7.68 (2nd Main)
    Sskylla - LvL 80 Sin - PvP 4.55 (1st Alt)
    Lexxaa - LvL 80 Conq - PvP 4.20 (2nd Alt)
    Esteell - LvL 80 HoX - PvP 2.05 (3rd Alt)

Me again lol.

I went ahead and got the Wolves 2HB simply because I've been doing Monastery/Palace HM rotations like crazy and have lots of rares to spare. I've also been working on my rotations and re-learning everything really nicely.

I've been averaging around 700-800 dps with my old weapon. I just parsed myself for three minutes with the Wolves blunt and clocked in at 950 dps using my go-to rotation. I've yet to parse myself in a group but I noticed at least 150 dps increase while on scarecrow.

My next question is, what kinda dps do I want to achieve? Or a better question would be, what kind of dps should a geared BS in tiger gear be outputting?

Edit: I haven't done any of the unchained instances yet. After a 3-year hiatus, I just wanted to get a little settled first. Any you would recommend doing first? I am kinda bored of doing the same 6-mans over and over.
    Last edited by Divineray; 29th August 2014 at 10:27.

Average BS will do around 1200-1300 DPS in full tiger gears, with proper dps build. The outstanding BS will do 1500 dps, even more using t4 gear. But you shouldn't be so concerned with dps, most encounters you'll face are doable with 1100ish dps with ease.

As far as alternate dungeons go, you really should try the unchained stuff, Ardashir Fort if you have the Turan adventure pack, and the 2 dungeons in Dragonspine (albeit those are a bit more skill/gear dependent so you cant pug without at least 4 good players on your group).

There's also AI and Tian'an district in Paikang, which are fun and engaging but not enough ppl pug those either. Get a good group of capable friends to come a long or join a guild that run those frequently to get out of the monastery-palace boredom!

I am not a BS player but a BS user. Understand that I am not a really good player even if trying to do my best with my full tiger stuff and uncomplete understanding of the game. I have the Wolf club and i just got yesterday the T3 club.

Before being full Tiger, i parsed my self on a scarecrow and was at 700 / 800 DPS.
    When playing in T3 raidss with my guild, I switch between 250 and 800/850 DPS with a 300/750 HPS.
    How can I get better and reach those incredible numbers you announce.
    Actually I do not understand how better I can be, even if i know that during I think 30% of the fight, I run without Mani. For the blood warrior, it should be 10/15% of the fight. Those two points are a needed improvement.
    For positioning, I try to be as muchas possible behind the boss/mob fought.

However, it is quite difficult to get a high DPS and heal at the same time. Casting normal and khitai heals takes time and it lowers your DPS.

Last time i also tried to modify my rotation to be a "suppor"t BS by casting Ether theft, Crush armor "reniew", Bear fight (debuff enemy), and the 3 steps hard hitting combo "shrewd blow 6" , all that with blue and green heals and i had a dramatic healing and DPS decrease.

Any help will be welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAKALL View Post
    I am not a BS player but a BS user. Understand that I am not a really good player even if trying to do my best with my full tiger stuff and uncomplete understanding of the game. I have the Wolf club and i just got yesterday the T3 club.

Before being full Tiger, i parsed my self on a scarecrow and was at 700 / 800 DPS.
    When playing in T3 raidss with my guild, I switch between 250 and 800/850 DPS with a 300/750 HPS.
    How can I get better and reach those incredible numbers you announce.
    Actually I do not understand how better I can be, even if i know that during I think 30% of the fight, I run without Mani. For the blood warrior, it should be 10/15% of the fight. Those two points are a needed improvement.
    For positioning, I try to be as muchas possible behind the boss/mob fought.

However, it is quite difficult to get a high DPS and heal at the same time. Casting normal and khitai heals takes time and it lowers your DPS.

Last time i also tried to modify my rotation to be a "suppor"t BS by casting Ether theft, Crush armor "reniew", Bear fight (debuff enemy), and the 3 steps hard hitting combo "shrewd blow 6" , all that with blue and green heals and i had a dramatic healing and DPS decrease.

Any help will be welcome.
    To me there's only one viable build for PvE in its current state. You go full multilation if you want to get high dps numbers. Situationally, given very specific encounters and raid/group set ups you might want to go "heal bot" mode and get claws of life and augument your heals but from my personal experience, unless requested from Raid Leader, you don't need to go too far down spirit tree. You're hps wont improve much. Also keep in mind, raid situations require specific tasks from certain classes and archetypes so you wont reach your max dps in every encounter. For 6m groups is far more common to achieve that high end treshold.

Theres a very helpful guide here regarding rotations, gear, etc. Its mostly up to date:
    http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=180627

Honeslty I wouldn't freak out much about dps. BS's are one of the lowest hitting mellee classes when it comes to PvE. Sure you can improve your skills and get better and more dps is always welcome but sins, barbs, conqs and DT's will do a better job at that so don't worry too much about that. Buffing, debuffing, keeping your team alive is your primary goal 100% of the time.

Thanks for the answer Wulfgar.
    I already quickly read that guide a few months ago but I was lacking pratice and references. Going back to it is a good advice.

I also got the impression that when you use SB6, you deal quite good damages but your game play options are guite limited due to the long animation of this attack. So basically, I can only cast SB6/BF/2x1 step or one 2 steps attack before casting another BF in order to keep my Blood warrior and its bonus up. Seems to be limited or am i missing something?

I shall look for that full mutilition build as it could be fun. I tried to have both of each but it might not be a good idea finally.
    Last edited by SHAKALL; 31st August 2014 at 10:49.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast