Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Advice for returning BS

Default Advice for returning BS

Hey, all. I've been reading all bunch of guides (thank you, cins!) & anything really since I started up the game about two weeks ago after being away for nearly three years.

There's still clarification on one point in particular I would like if anyone wouldn't mind helping. I just want to make sure I am pulling my weight and busting out some hardcore dps while I am grouping.

I read on one of the guides that we should start our combo pre-steps to the left of the mob and execute the combo finisher on the mobs back. Why not just stay at the mob's back entirely if staying there negates their shields? Any elaboration on this point would be greatly appreciated, because it has me scratching my thick skull.

Beyond that, I am going for full tiger set & wolves mace. That seems to be recommended as the go-to set. I am almost finished getting the armor set. I just need the blunt and a few more minor pieces. I am probably going to grab the Scarlet Circle cape.

That's where I am at right now. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Divineray View Post
    Hey, all. I've been reading all bunch of guides (thank you, cins!) & anything really since I started up the game about two weeks ago after being away for nearly three years.

There's still clarification on one point in particular I would like if anyone wouldn't mind helping. I just want to make sure I am pulling my weight and busting out some hardcore dps while I am grouping.

I read on one of the guides that we should start our combo pre-steps to the left of the mob and execute the combo finisher on the mobs back. Why not just stay at the mob's back entirely if staying there negates their shields? Any elaboration on this point would be greatly appreciated, because it has me scratching my thick skull.

Beyond that, I am going for full tiger set & wolves mace. That seems to be recommended as the go-to set. I am almost finished getting the armor set. I just need the blunt and a few more minor pieces. I am probably going to grab the Scarlet Circle cape.

That's where I am at right now. Thank you!
    Staying on their back doesn't completely negate enemy shields, it just flips them. This is still advantageous though, since you can often find unprotected sides by rotating around the mob, and put pressure there which will let the more stationary tanks do more dps and get more aggro.

Also, my BS hasn't been played in months so take what I say with a grain of salt, but I believe the strength cape that drops from the last boss in the Vile Nativity (House of Crom) is slightly better than the Khitai cape, and doesn't cost rares. Be prepared to fight for it against barbs and soldiers though...

there's no point getting the wolves blunt. imo you are better of getting the t2 blunt from the WB or raids. heal rating isnt needed.
    Keella - LvL 80 BS - PvP 10.50 (Main)
    Lexxiia - LvL 80 Ranger - PvP 7.68 (2nd Main)
    Sskylla - LvL 80 Sin - PvP 4.55 (1st Alt)
    Lexxaa - LvL 80 Conq - PvP 4.20 (2nd Alt)
    Esteell - LvL 80 HoX - PvP 2.05 (3rd Alt)

Quote Originally Posted by Divineray View Post
    I read on one of the guides that we should start our combo pre-steps to the left of the mob and execute the combo finisher on the mobs back. Why not just stay at the mob's back entirely if staying there negates their shields?
    That was most likely a solo guide. Shield manipulation on enemies is pretty important out in the world and not loaded to earlobes with pink pixels, but it doesn't matter much in groups. Just stay where your blue heal hits everyone and you're good.

As for the shield arrangement:

Your standard PvE mob/boss/critter will adjust their shields according to the blows they receive from you and your teammates. They cant stack shields at the back though.
    Your primary concern should be to land the combofinisher on unshielded sides, while doing this for the combo-starters yields also more dps this is often not practicable due do players blocking your way (especially when it comes to raids) and possibly loosing some time while positioning, in which you should/could have healed or started another combo. The starter only has one hit whereas the finisher often has way more hits.
    Additonally you need to distinguish between your combos as the finishers have different directions that they hit in.
    E.g. your shrewd blows hit straight front, so staying at the back is most beneficial while your crush armor hits right, here you should move to the enemy's left side so you actually hit his back with the CA finisher.
    Concerning dps you should buff the combofinisher of your most devastating combo (ShrewdBlow VI) with empowered renewal.
    InternalBleedII
    ->Bloodthirst/SBV/UrsineBrawl/CA
    ->Combostarter+Combosteps of SBVI
    ->Renewal+Combofinisher of SBVI.
    Then repeat. You should cast Blood Flow exactly once during each cycle and a new manifestation(alternate between spirit and sun) every other rotation. As you can see the part after your IB is sort of your situational filler here:
    Need heal? Cast Fierce Recovery or CelestialGaze+CAI/CAII
    Need to debuff? Do a CAIV or CAIII or UrsineBrawl
    Nothing to do? Good time for SBV to push your dps.

Thanks for the all quick feedback. I am going to keep practicing and implementing what I am learning and re-learning. You guys are awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by m4gg0t View Post
    there's no point getting the wolves blunt. imo you are better of getting the t2 blunt from the WB or raids. heal rating isnt needed.
    There is a nice blue 2HB that drops in Ardashir Fort that is pretty easy to get: http://static.is-better-than.tv/armo...hino_rider.jpg
    Last edited by tapwater; 26th August 2014 at 20:45.

Thats a decent 2hb,but i would rather get the t2 one from farming the WB a few times.
    Keella - LvL 80 BS - PvP 10.50 (Main)
    Lexxiia - LvL 80 Ranger - PvP 7.68 (2nd Main)
    Sskylla - LvL 80 Sin - PvP 4.55 (1st Alt)
    Lexxaa - LvL 80 Conq - PvP 4.20 (2nd Alt)
    Esteell - LvL 80 HoX - PvP 2.05 (3rd Alt)

I've found an excellent video tutorial on youtube. It's a bit out of date but still shows all the basics you need to know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLwSHssXQ_U

Quote Originally Posted by tapwater View Post
    There is a nice blue 2HB that drops in Ardashir Fort that is pretty easy to get: http://static.is-better-than.tv/armo...hino_rider.jpg
    That blunt has pretty low Weapon Damage, and since World Bosses are easy farm, there is no point anymore imo in getting anything below the T1 blunt (better the T2 one).
    I agree with Maggot about this, though Wolf Blunt is a nice weapon aswell; for 6men anyway the extra heal rating is not really much worth the effort of farming > 200 rares, when you can get T1 or T2 blunt with few hours of giant bag hitting (aka World Boss).
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast