Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Builds

and how can u say that let them burn is ****? i can kill wipe a team when i gi sw. ltb hitting 3k and crit 4k.

I think the main issue is that if you feat LTB, do you give up too much to get it... IE second instant cast, mobility, and quicker debuffs. LTB was always a fun spell, but never quite worth it because you had to give up so much to get it.

I agree you need to feat out your pacts if you are going that far.

Honestly, this looks like my pre 1.05 build but instead of buffing WOF, you buffed the pacts.

I think this would be a viable build if you really wanted LTB
    http://joharaoc.eu/feat?link=v6_12c1...8960189c118f9c
    Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    You either like the game or you don't. If you are hanging around because you feel like I am stringing you along with false promises, don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Finstere View Post
    PvP hybrid WoF

http://goo.gl/GvkmH
    I've personally found Improved Waves of Flame to be crap considering there's almost always Incinerate effects running and WoF already crits all the time. I think those points are better spent in Rapid Recharge, considering a Demo is kiting for 90% of the mini. More instant casts = more damage while kiting = still getting tons of kills.

But that's just my personal preference.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruhenous View Post
    I've personally found Improved Waves of Flame to be crap considering there's almost always Incinerate effects running and WoF already crits all the time. I think those points are better spent in Rapid Recharge, considering a Demo is kiting for 90% of the mini. More instant casts = more damage while kiting = still getting tons of kills.

But that's just my personal preference.
    Oh yeah, I agree 10000%. I didn't check his build out. Even if you wanted to keep Improved WOF, just flip the points from Bombardment into Rapid Recharge.... There's no point in feating out for max range and max close in channeling damage but not having the 2nd instant cast. Especially when you can get all 3 if you choose.
    You either like the game or you don't. If you are hanging around because you feel like I am stringing you along with false promises, don't.

Love how every freaking build has Pact of the Earthwalker in it, except for the one with Let them Burn, and that's the one where people argue if it's worth it.

Seriously, the feat tree for Demo is a joke. Everyone just makes the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagroth View Post
    Love how every freaking build has Pact of the Earthwalker in it, except for the one with Let them Burn, and that's the one where people argue if it's worth it.

Seriously, the feat tree for Demo is a joke. Everyone just makes the same thing.
    Actually I think the only reason I would argue his build was he didn't have the 2nd instant cast. I haven't used LTB since 1.04 so I don't know if it's any good. It used to be ok but since it didn't crit, Shockblast was a better AOE choice. Then they changed the mechanics some and made it crit but I never tried it since then.

Oh and no one argues the point that the Demo has a ton of stuff wrong. The thing is we don't want them to revamp it because it will either make it way too strong (1.05) or make it way too weak (1.03). At least now it's not OP. It's strong. It's easy. But it's on par with other classes now because they were boosted.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagroth View Post

My hate build that is posted don't have it (also Xenic's tri-build).

Pact of the Earthwalker is a part of my main build though.

As a demo your main priority when doing your feats for PVP has to be to get both instant casts and make sure they both debuff your target. So that means minimum 21 points into Havoc and 27 points into Conflag. After that you have flexibility. Do you want a pet heal? Do you want to go with a Pacts build? Do you want max aoe?

Believe it or not, there are more options than you think. The pet heal is just REALLY tough to give up and honestly, for most demos, it's now a crutch.

Here's another build that I bet would work very well. For this one I would use the AA Renegotiation to boost your damage with Pacts.

http://joharaoc.eu/feat?link=v6_12c6...8960189c118f9c
    Last edited by Xenic; 7th March 2013 at 21:00.

That's pretty much what my build looks like so far, a little different in some aspects.

Still, the fact that you'll never see a single sensible build with Impish Horde or Lore of Skelos is just silly. The fact that you can't build straight down one tree without ending up gimped is also silly. That no matter what you build your gameplay defining rotation is shock and hellfire stream is extra silly with a little mustard on it.

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast