Thread: Help: Cannot Kill Ymirish in Conall's Valley

Question Help: Cannot Kill Ymirish in Conall's Valley

I'm a lvl 40 Cimmerian Barbarian on Set Server. I cannot kill any of the Ymirish (Lvl 25-32) in the PvE quests in Conall's Valley. I have finished the quest to destroy the Ymirish totems, and I have no problem killing any of the Vanir, but the Ymirish seem to be immortal. What gives. Is there a way to kill these guys. I have been playing solo. Do I have to play in a group to have any chance of killing these dudes?

Those are probably elite mobs and yes, you'll need a few people to help or you can solo them, but you need to be ~20 levels above them.

Elite mobs can be recognized by their hp boxes -> http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3214/3...510a1efcd4.jpg

You have to get several more people.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by Misiuggah View Post
    Those are probably elite mobs and yes, you'll need a few people to help or you can solo them, but you need to be ~20 levels above them.

Elite mobs can be recognized by their hp boxes -> http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3214/3...510a1efcd4.jpg
    The look of the boxes depends on if you're using a mod/custom UI also.

They should be notated as group elite or group normal - something along those lines.
    Arishanya ~ Head Moderator
    English Community

Age of Conan Website ~ Social Guidelines ~ Funcom Customer Support
    End User Lisence Agreement ~ Terms of Service ~ Rules of Conduct

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

Angry RE: Cannot Kill Ymirish

Quote Originally Posted by Misiuggah View Post

Thanks. I checked and all elite mobs. Problem is I'm finding it hard to put together a party to kill them. Hope the game population improves (Ya, like that's gonna happen).

Quote Originally Posted by Gyzar1 View Post
    Thanks. I checked and all elite mobs. Problem is I'm finding it hard to put together a party to kill them. Hope the game population improves (Ya, like that's gonna happen).
    Sorry, friend, I played when this game launched -- 700,000+ boxes sold -- and people still didn't flock to those quests. When you've got a good pace going, it's easier to just move on.

Group quests are not intended to be done by every single player. They are included to be a perk/bonus-content for people who like to level together or who have guilds. This is not unique to this game.

As the game population has changed and become more heavily weighted toward veteran players (who are even less likely to want to stop for a group quest), some group quests have been converted to non-elite (there used to be a series in Field of the Dead, for example), but removing all of them would be a loss of content for social-friendly people.

If you get a group quest, it will have three (or more) little heads by the name in your quest log. If you don't have friends/guildies in game and are leveling quickly and the rewards aren't worth stopping to put together a pickup group, then just move on.
    Last edited by Prima; 29th March 2013 at 17:28.
    Current HoX: Sandspice (Set) | Heralds of Xotli: LEVELING GUIDE | AA Guide | Faction Guide | Pekka's Gear List | Tafale's Raid Guide
    Always up for grouping with other HoXes: grinding, quest assistance, new HoXes, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Prima View Post
    Sorry, friend, I played when this game launched -- 700,000+ boxes sold -- and people still didn't flock to those quests. When you've got a good pace going, it's easier to just move on.
    Come to Crom! We have raids in Conall's Valley!
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    Or do that!
    Current HoX: Sandspice (Set) | Heralds of Xotli: LEVELING GUIDE | AA Guide | Faction Guide | Pekka's Gear List | Tafale's Raid Guide
    Always up for grouping with other HoXes: grinding, quest assistance, new HoXes, etc.

if you want to complete the quests anyway, you can do it solo when you get higher level, try it again when your on level 50 something...
    some of the gear they drop or from the quests are blue gear that are nice for vanity (sanctum is the best example)

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post