Thread: Random crashing to desktop for no reason

Default AoC Has encountered an error and needs to close

Was roaming around the forums and found out my problem came from this Win 7 x64 platform update (KB2670838). Uninstalled it and went from crashing 1-2 times an hour to 0 in 3hrs. After researching it found out the June 2010 DirectX SDK are incompatible with this platform update:

D3D10SDKLayers.dll
    D3D11SDKLayers.dll
    D3D10ref.dll
    D2D1debug.dll

There's a fix for windows 8 if you have this update but can't find one for Win7 unless it uses the Win8 update but that can be found here

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2670838

hope it helps
    Last edited by Szass; 10th March 2013 at 16:24.

And that was my problem. Haven't crashed all day, and my fraps is working again with aoc now as well not that it matters to anyone, lol.

Glad you found a solution. I will recommend this thread for as a possible solution for others that may be crashing also.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

fact; did this and went from crashing twice an hour to crashing 0 times since back...

It is almost criminal for the aoc staff not to inform their gamers of this

Removing that win update did indeed help, but since update 4.4 crashing continues even without this win update. Usually after 30 mins or so, i would be kicked to main menu, which is blank and every time i relog, i have that bug where i'm unable to sprint until i go to sneak. Please help. I use win 7 64, i5 4670, 8gb ddr3 1600, radeon 7950 3gb, samsung ssd 840 pro.