Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: so what is this heal spec I keep hearing about?

I don't think people use healing specc, every time i hear about healing specc it comes from a new/casual player thinking there is such thing as a healing specc in AoC.

Then people answer there is none and the discussion moves on.

Plus, as pointed out, it's more about a healing duty when you stack heal rating and defensive abilities for very specific situations than an actual specc.

Quote Originally Posted by Petridish View Post
    I was always under the impression that *all* healers should be running DPS specs ... because healing in this game is such a minor part and essentially a part-time job ...
    That's it and tbh it's there to increase your dps :-) Bloodflow, tempest trimphant (or whatever it's called) and PoM +magic damage after heal. So you just roatete those heals to get dps bufs... easy :-) The only heal from AA I think is OP is ToS totem especially you don't get debuff for it, so you can have like 4 ToSes with totems cycling around without even using big heal (i need to start play my ToS more... got almost full AAs and shitty gear lol) But for its efficiency you need gear not healing spec, beside most ToSes can't heal :-]
    aocfeats.com - Age of Conan feat planner
    Tutu - Dark Templar | Tuts - Bear Shaman | Nedbee - Demonologist

Of course is Bear Shaman heal spec

is named:

T4 Gear with heal rating blunt - this is only one heal spec BS need.

P. S. 6.5% more blue heal doesnt make any difference, because in most times is need "burst" heal. 95% time normal blue and green is sufficient to keep alive full t4 changing aggro bubble tanks

in some times tank even dont need heal - i do with my Bear "afk" healing on Eniity because tanking Dt self heals more (even on raid healing parse).

damn one time on Entity i was outhealed by ... demons pet.

Quote Originally Posted by Amabala View Post
    I'm thinking 'healer' not 'dps-er'
    This is normally laudable but it doesn't work in AoC pve. You might be increasing the amount of healing you do, but you're lowering group's damage output so fight takes longer so there's more incoming damage to be healed. And usually the extra beating tank takes due to enemy living longer (esp when facing baddest dudes, even for one second longer) outweighs the extra healing you send, so it's a net loss.

Come on, only a part of that is true Cins.

Yes,
    a shorter fight = less damage taken, but your way of looking at this is abit flawed

Tanks can pretty much sustain forever, and more heals help sustainability. It's about being safe!
    In some fights tanks live of the edge, and they have "loose" agro as they need to be very careful switching back and forth, a great example here is Archlector of Zaal or Archfiend of Gore. If you put a solid healers they can be safer, making it possible for them to go harder, making it possible for everyone else to do the same. More damage gained.

Don't get me wrong, alike you, I favor a short fight to decrease the chances of making mistakes, so more dps is always to prefer. Only, it's quite sad how maximizing on heals from feats is so marginal it's barely even noticable. I talk here about Bloodthirst combo and Regrowth.
    Just some times, if your tanks are not stable or something like that some extra emphasiz here can turn events around for the better.

Whatever is the task you have to focus the most, or the fight, after the recent revamp the build which works best in PvE imo is Mutilation / Nature's Revenge.

Something like this:

http://goo.gl/WxXPS

Ofc you can change few points here and there.
    For example you may skip Mani of Forest (which, it's true, can be skipped from rotation in PvE since other classes apply the wrack) but the general template is always Mutilation / Nature's Revenge.

To skip Mutilation is a big waste of DPS.
    To feat Blood Healing for buffed Blue Heal has really no sense in PvE, since anyways ToSes in raid have higher blue heal.
    To feat it you will have to skip Nature's Revenge, which will actually provide you more heal imo and even some nice DPS.

Finally, Iron Hide is completely pointless in PvE, it has really no use imho (at least I've completed every raid fight in game without it).

It's sad but in PvE atm BS has just one template.

In PvP instead both Iron Hide / Rampage and Mutilation (Bewilder) / Rampage are both viable and it's nice to have both builds ready to use.

I know that Lurvi was doing really great in duels also with Bewilder, which potentially adds a 3rd viable PvP build.

But in PvE, no "healing build" exists after revamp imo.
    We have just on single template.
    The bad side is no variety.
    The good side is that it actually works fine for both healing and DPS.

Post revamp template actually added both a bit more DPS and a bit more Heals to what we could do before, that is nice.
    The highest DPS punch we got is out of the build and is the Vision of the Sky perk.
    What we lost is a bit of PvP survivability, because of the change in Mani of Forest (which actually I got late, and I apologize fir suggesting to transform Rune of Regrowth in a Mani); not a very big loss anyway.

What we really didn't got is variety for PvE..
    Last edited by Calore; 5th July 2013 at 06:20.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

I hope these peeps are joking. There is no such thing as an optimal heal spex. There just isnt a useful heal spec. Hr will outdo any paltry feat bonus if you are really hard up.

So sad they couldn't keep Regrowth a rune.
    So sad they couldn't make Bloodthirst on par with Vital Shock.
    Deft Renewal still obsolete, even fully feated.

You're right, only in siege I touch general. Cause the lags are so bad Im unlikely do much good beside tank. We only have one build for PvE, and Ironhide variation in PvP.

I only wanted to point out you can put emphasiz on heals and be successful with it.

I spec general and bubbles for Entity and Bat. Those are so boring fights you want some extra mitigation in case you fall asleep.

I had a question about Nature's Revenge. Does the heal AOE include yourself? Because I don't see any heal points captured in the combat log when soloing unchained, and I've definitely hit the 10 stacks multiple times. All it does is say "You Gained Nature's Blessing." I don't see any special FX going off either. Does it only heal other people?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast