Thread: AAs for T4 Raiding

Default AAs for T4 Raiding

Hi All,

I've been raiding now for a while with moderate success, but am relatively new to high-end raids. I was just wondering what perks some of you more experienced raiders would recommend I slot. I have VoS and Sleuth, but not the tree. I'm guessing VoS is more generally useful than Sleuth in Raids. Maxed out on expanded runes and and stuff like that. Mid tier I have Empowered Mending and Celestial Gaze and Deliverance and SSF. I think I need SSF for T4, so not sure what else to slot there. Bottom tier I have all my wards maxed out as well as Pressing Strikes and Decisive Strikes. I generally have these last two slotted but am considering Elusive Nature. Is it more important to have critigation or dps for me? Also, the tooltip for EN says something about it working passively, but it looks like it needs to be slotted, yes?

I would be grateful for any advice you guys might have!

Yes, Elusive Nature has a passive component granting you 20% critigation chance when you have it maxxed out. If you slot it aswell, you'll get 60%.
    However, as a shammie for PvE, Elusive Nature is pretty damn near obsolete. So don't consider slotting that.

General perks:
    Pressing Strikes
    Decisive Strikes. Through the entire T4.

Archtype Perks:
    Empowered Mending (for all fights)
    Steadfast Faith (for the two first fights)
    Prelate at Arms (if you group does not have one)
    Deliverance (very situational, can be popped as you cast Sleuth of Bears to boost your healrating by 363 for that entire Sleuth duration, so if you don't need SFF or Prelate, why not)

Class Perks:
    Vision of the Sky
    or
    Sleuth of Bears
    Depending on your situation, what fight it is, your tanks reliability, groupsetup and heals.

Spirit of Yggdrasil (could be used at Emperor or maybe Zodiac to save some tanks you're not grouped up with if you really wanna be a good guy, but personally I lol at such attempts)

Maul in combination with Surge of Bile can be used on General Sheng to slow down runners if you're assigned to the left door. You'll have double stun, double charge, double slow, double knockback ready for disposal
    This is not really needed, but fun for those whos got those AAs maxed, to actually use them.
    Last edited by Lurvi; 24th September 2013 at 12:52.

I never really paid attention or put any point in surge of bile before the BS revamp cuz it was total crap. What does it do now?

It does (nearly) everything it says in the description. It had a slight buff so it's useable, but there are drawbacks:

- 2 minute cooldown, which is rather lengthy
    - Booming Roar will not reset (reported on testlive)
    - Will make your game freeze for a brief moment upon cast. Could vary between PCs, but reports says it's a common thing.

You can have fun in pvp with charge -> stun x2 combined with Ursine Bond
    22 seconds duration protectionbuff, 30 seconds lycantrophical bite is prettttty sweet.

For PvE though, in my mind, this Sheng thing is all I can think of for raiding. Questing with it wouldn't be too bad, but the 2 minute cooldown is a major turnoff.

Interesting. Time to review my AA feats when I log in. Thanks bud!

Thanks so much for the advice Lurvi! Very helpful!

Thx for the descriptions.

I use Celestial Gaze when raiding (max T3) but it is a poor healing spell when I use it. The only advantage I see is that it is often up.
    My "DPS" mixted origins gear gives me 1450 heal, while my "specialized" one is around 2020 heal.
    My CG heals me for 330, main heal for 1200/1300, Nature Revenge for 250 and my HOT 65 and 190 (on me. Are those numbers correct?

With my stuff, I can barely keep a group alive in HM Khitai mode. I might have a huge problem in healing and HOT use, but I cannot find what I really miss nor how to improve that.

Is vision of the sky a really must have? I trained it but I never set it in my AA bar.

Never really tested Yggdrasil, but reading the description gave me the impression it could quite useful when casted near another group

Did not train yt the "Surge of Bile". According to your description, it is not as useful as planned.

major perk vision of the sky is the only useful one. that bear healing perk has way too long cooldown to be useful and the tree is just lol.

what you got to understand is that all classes need to dps also, including bear shamans. its not just heal spamming and enjoying the scenery but lots of smashing stuff too. so forget about "heal spec or build", no such thing. DPS and then heal when cooldowns are off.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil77 View Post
    major perk vision of the sky is the only useful one. that bear healing perk has way too long cooldown to be useful and the tree is just lol.

what you got to understand is that all classes need to dps also, including bear shamans. its not just heal spamming and enjoying the scenery but lots of smashing stuff too. so forget about "heal spec or build", no such thing. DPS and then heal when cooldowns are off.
    Healing Bears actually are great.
    Whenever you need them or not just depends on your tanks and group setup, but in some situations they can make the difference, so they are good to have.

Ok for rest. VoS is what you will use the most (assuming you havr good tanks) and Tree you will almost never use.

Celestial Gaze with good Heal Rating heals for more than 1K HP.
    It has short cooldown, so if you spam it correctly is better than a big heal.

Finally don't forget Empowered Mending: crit on big heal is nice.

The only PvE BS build viable is more or less this:
    http://goo.gl/LERqP

You can move points from Brutal Walker to Ursine Spirit, or skip mani of Regrowth, but that is more or less.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...