Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3 Havoc Demos and me - Thunder?

Default 3 Havoc Demos and me - Thunder?

Pure PvE. No PvP. Just casual play in the off time.

So in a group that contains three Havoc (Electrical) Demonologists, is Thunder the way to go?

Thunder seems to have several buffs for team mates, deal extra electrical damage, mobs take more electrical damage, mana restoration, and heal spells that proc AE damage.

I played during release, but quit shortly after due to bugs.

Here is a build I put together, but have no real clue how good any of the abilities are.

11c38274382d666c893978b385f4385923933d3884c395fb39 0e538917394043865c3853039020388b0389e038a443959639 21438f5638ef03927638bd039728

This is at aocfeats.com.

Any thoughts,
    Mal

So, you are level 32?

For levelling, it is better to start with Lightning. If you play with casters, getting Coalesce Ether is a must so they can maintain mana longer.

Nope. Level 6. But I will be grouping with three other casters for sure (starting tonight). Very, very doubtful there will be a rogue or soldier in the group.

We will be grouped from Tortage on. And probably not do any of the solo instance stuff until later.

So whatever works best with casters.

And would multiple ToS be a problem instead of Havoc Demos?

Just posted this build for someone else.

http://goo.gl/ZnuRo

My preferred build on ToS.

At such low levels builds really do not matter. However, if you make it past 40 and decide you like the game I suggest you go with a Conflag/General build till about level 70 where the quicker casting FoG rotation can easily melt 3-4 mobs.

At level 70 because of the feat points available Havoc/General will be a better fit because you'll be able to feat down to earthwalker and pick up feated shockblast and demonic heart, which will help immensley with mana regeneration. Shockstrike becomes your best hitting spell at this point even with a slightly longer cast time of .50 seconds.

Some hints, stay away from Thuderclap, Living Lightingstorm/Fire Storm, Lore of Skelos, Copper Storm Chains, Agonizing Jolt, Gate of Hell, and Impish Hoarde. All are completley useless abilities basicly just bad feats to fill out the feat tree.

As you'll soon be getting AA points for each level, I suggest you maximise Decisive Strikes/Pressing Strikes and get a few points in all your wards. Get Unbinding charm next as you will need this for a few 6 mans and T4 raiding, and max out WoTS and Enchanter. Cacodemon and Bindings are the usual class AA, but renegotiation also works. Stay away from Boil Blood, totally bad. Alos UU rarely hits fore more than a feated Shockblast, although somtimes it does it truley hard. Somtimes.

I'm speaking in regards to just PvE.
    Last edited by Suctum; 29th May 2013 at 20:00.
    Doomsayer 2008

Suctum, he is Tempest of Set, and he is going to *group* with three demos. But for giving advice to something you thought was a Demo, it is pretty noobish to leave out Ring of Fire which definitively is the number one damage perk for Demonologist.

Quote Originally Posted by Buyten View Post
    Suctum, he is Tempest of Set, and he is going to *group* with three demos. But for giving advice to something you thought was a Demo, it is pretty noobish to leave out Ring of Fire which definitively is the number one damage perk for Demonologist.
    Ring of fire isn't all that great, it's situational and a preference. Somtimes I use it, somtimes not. Over all though feating out Caco for group benefit and bindings should be the top priority if your just pveing.

You can top any parse and not once cast WoF, I see people do it all the time.

And now that I see he's a ToS...the demo's he's playing with should read my post anyways. That's what I get for tyring to forum warrior on a 4 inch smart phone :/

Mrcorp, help the poor guy out with the ToS part
    Last edited by Suctum; 29th May 2013 at 20:30.
    Doomsayer 2008

Thunder is bad in the early stages, well maybe not bad just the lightning tree is better when you're starting out.

It's already been said get the mana buffs for your group, you'll need them as well and since you don't get stormfield until you're level 30 (You can't start feating it out until you're around level 60 as well). Start in the lightning tree and focus on getting LS and sparks hitting hard along with supporting your caster team mates.

level 40
    Last edited by Grizzly; 29th May 2013 at 22:11.
    Social Guidelines ~ Funcom Customer Support
    End User Lisence Agreement ~ Terms of Service ~ Rules of Conduct

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

at these low levels no point in specing mana tap since the demos in your groups cant spellwave yet so they shouldnt have too much mana problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    Ring of fire isn't all that great, it's situational and a preference. Somtimes I use it, somtimes not. Over all though feating out Caco for group benefit and bindings should be the top priority if your just pveing.

You can top any parse and not once cast WoF, I see people do it all the time.
    You are wrong about Ring of Fire. Lets not contaminate the ToS thread further.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrefaeli View Post
    at these low levels no point in specing mana tap since the demos in your groups cant spellwave yet so they shouldnt have too much mana problems.
    Good point.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast