Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Coils of Ubah Khan

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    Bah, why using a more compelx tactic, send just a dt or a conq and he rapes messenger even in prot gear in seconds.
    Complex? lols What I suggest will give you a nice easy (and fast) final phase for the whole group.

But maybe you just decided you hate the instance, eh?
    Barb: Thomaran
    Hox1: Mweru
    Dt: Haikuju
    Hox2: Shugorann
    Tos: Nephertites
    Sin: Leogetz
    Necro: Viggomortis
    and others...

"The sky is green. It is because I say it is. And because I said it on the internet."

Nope, i don't really like coils but it don't affect my answers : if you sent the two tanks in the messenger encounter, boss will start to nuke the rest. I don't think a whole phase with 2 adds + boss nuking dpsers and heals is really "fast & easy".

Then you need to look at your tanks... :s

2 frenzy tanks (even guards) can kill that messenger guy in seconds.

If you still find it too long you can have the rift tank take him to 10%, then teleport the other tank in and kill it. (adds and healers should be down when the 2nd tank goes away) You will have to survive about 3 seconds without a tank on the boss.

This will make it considerably easier in the last phase to dps the boss especially if your group is mostly melee.

Quote Originally Posted by Caudilloo View Post
    Then you need to look at your tanks... :s

2 frenzy tanks (even guards) can kill that messenger guy in seconds.
    Hi,

If you have readed my funny facts about messenger some post ago, i've just said to check if you have enough hit rating to do so. Nothing more (like "heyyyy it's just IMPOSSIBRU")

It was just a friendly reminder to all tanks who have to deal with the messenger (level 85). I've experienced twice a full glanced/evade encounter on Messenger so i share my experience about that, might be helpful for others. You know, it's the goal of the section ^^

More generally, I don't understand the urge feel to taunt or make assumptions about personnal skill or judgement about PvE.
    Last edited by Bibik; 19th January 2014 at 13:01.

About the funny facts :I don't see why you have to go as low as 10% hit rating unless you are badly geared or you healers are :P

Also rift guy does not even have to be a tank class,it just makes it easier for him if he is.

That approach is good if you want faster last phase with less dmg on everyone except your main tank.The mechanics are there ,use them :P

Full t3 geared, this guard set is really lacking hit rating, so it might be a problem on new dungeons and t4.
    Even with polearm spec (which have +200hit rating) i was surprised and how my Counterweight dealing 100 "white" hit per tick ! Maybe i was just unlucky, but it happened twice to me.

And yep to the rift guy, i remembered Grayw doing it. The approach you described is the best, too bad it is not used by every group i'll join :/

Hi,
    It was just a friendly reminder to all tanks who have to deal with the messenger (level 85). I've experienced twice a full glanced/evade encounter on Messenger so i share my experience about that, might be helpful for others. You know, it's the goal of the section ^^

More generally, I don't understand the urge feel to taunt or make assumptions about personnal skill or judgement about PvE.

I make a judgement about your tanks skill level if he can't kill the messenger fast because you said it takes too long and your group dies while the tanks were up there.
    I do not know much protection a guard needs for that encounter? I know I did it on DT around 40 and on conq around 45, so 50ish% should be more then enough for a guard and you could still use +hitrating assesoires.
    Going in any end-game dungeon with 10% hitrating is just asking for trouble but OK if you want to remind ppl of that.

I never liked the tactic of sending in a 2nd person on the messenger in order to lock aggro and take the aoe either, but I did it twice last week and I have to admit that it makes the last phase a lot easier and faster mostly in a group with a lot of melees.

You can dismiss all alternative tactics (intended tactics in this case!) and stick to your old ways but I think you should give it a try before you pass judgement on how hard it is, because in my experience it makes the fight overall easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Caudilloo View Post
    about your tanks skill level if he can't kill the messenger fast because you said it takes too long and your group dies while the tanks were up there.
    Never said such things but whatever, this leads to nowhere.
    And tbh i've all the answers i needed with Shinken posts

(...) if you sent the two tanks in the messenger encounter, boss will start to nuke the rest. I don't think a whole phase with 2 adds + boss nuking dpsers and heals is really "fast & easy".
    That's how I interpreted this part. My bad if you did not try to say that having 2 tanks up there takes too long for the rest of the group to survive.
    You can have 1 tank (or non-tank, anyone can do the rifts) go to the messenger first (rift side) and the maintank follows when the adds and healers are done to prevent the group from dying while the tanks are gone.

And yes, this leads somewhere. You state that having the 2nd tank up there makes it harder, I state it makes the fight overall faster and easier. It is worth exchanging differences in opinions and tactics.

I expect you won't take my word for it but I urge you to try it out before you dismiss something as being too hard.
    Last edited by Caudilloo; 19th January 2014 at 15:21.

Hi guys did anyone found this in coils. A powerful being unknown to even the Serpent Men lies imprisoned here, Now my question is there really something hidden for us to discover or its implented in quest telling us what is imrisoned there. Or Devs are refering The Unknown boss.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast