Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Raiding is (usually) bad, mkay?

Read your own posts, or better yet, think about what your actual point is before you post. Over and out, no point arguing with people with no manners.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

I didn't say that casual players can't go into t3 and t4 raids...but if they don't have any gear (even t2/khitai) and don't listen to the raid leader, then they shouldn't expect to get invites to the raid.

And they do need to pay attention and not be reading golf magazines when miasma or blood draw is being called.

When did "casual player" become synonymous with "bad raider"?

Being a casual player to me means someone who doesn't play every waking moment he's not at work, has 12 level 80's and wants them all in full T4. A casual player has one or two (maybe three) toons, has a life outside of AoC but wants to do all the content he's paying for.
    I know a lot of people like that and some of them are very strong players that are valuable members of their guilds raid force.

Personally, I'm glad that the higher raids don't allow for much dead weight. It ticks me off when people show up to a T3 wearing whatever lvl 60 green crap they happened to be wearing when they used all their off-line levels. If people want to get the best gear, they need to earn it imo.

Back to the OP. I agree that some of the raid instances are very poorly designed and some are very well designed. But even the snooze fests don't have to be a case of 6 ppl carrying 18. I've been a part of raids with some VERY hardcore people. It was pretty amazing. There was no 10 minute strat talk by the RL before every fight and not even called out instructions during the fight. Everyone just did their job with an efficiency that was frankly awe-inspiring. When you can blow through an entire raid in half the time of what most guilds are doing it in, it doesn't even feel like a grind. You don't have time to be bored. I think even the casual player can get to this level. It just takes focus. People like Anubium mentioned have none of it and they cause wipes and make things take longer and cause frustration for 23 other people who are there to play, not half-ass their way into a gear-set.
    Last edited by AOC-Kyyle; 17th March 2014 at 08:00.

Quote Originally Posted by AOC-Kyyle View Post
    When did "casual player" become synonymous with "bad raider"?

Being a casual player to me means someone who doesn't play every waking moment he's not at work, has 12 level 80's and wants them all in full T4. A casual player has one or two (maybe three) toons, has a life outside of AoC but wants to do all the content he's paying for.
    I know a lot of people like that and some of them are very strong players that are valuable members of their guilds raid force.

Personally, I'm glad that the higher raids don't allow for much dead weight. It ticks me off when people show up to a T3 wearing whatever lvl 60 green crap they happened to be wearing when they used all their off-line levels. If people want to get the best gear, they need to earn it imo.

Back to the OP. I agree that some of the raid instances are very poorly designed and some are very well designed. But even the snooze fests don't have to be a case of 6 ppl carrying 18. I've been a part of raids with some VERY hardcore people. It was pretty amazing. There was no 10 minute strat talk by the RL before every fight and not even called out instructions during the fight. Everyone just did their job with an efficiency that was frankly awe-inspiring. When you can blow through an entire raid in half the time of what most guilds are doing it in, it doesn't even feel like a grind. You don't have time to be bored. I think even the casual player can get to this level. It just takes focus. People like Anubium mentioned have none of it and they cause wipes and make things take longer and cause frustration for 23 other people who are there to play, not half-ass their way into a gear-set.
    This..

strat talk gets boring fast, My best raid moments have been those where there have been little talking, and everyone knows their job,
    way to many people seem to think they can be carried by the regulars. Which is why i liked the old quest system for entry to raids, you had to have done your homework.

Get the base gear you need, the come play, and learn to survive. many of the bosses are about survival, rather than DPSing yourself to death which almost everyone seems to do. it just gets irritating, YES we know you can dps. now wear your survival gear then you can dps to your hearts content without drawing aggro. thankyou.

And then we have those "half casuals" who start to blame others instead of themselfes. I took aggro because you're a bad tank, or " i can't swap with you because you keep attacking idiot" And they are absollutely closed for opinions and ideas to improve them.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123