Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Kind of sucks that AoC is "dead"

AoC died in early 2012. The good players were trolled off by all the casuals that infest this game, or are serving life-time bans for saying bad words in global, the players that are left are absolutely garbage.

Kinda sad imo.

Damn, didnt expect my thread to get all this much attention. I read all replies nevertheless, for some people saying I'm misinforming others, I never said AoC will close, I just said it feels that way. Whoever said that Funcom has a very small development crew on each of their games, might be the case. Nevertheless it kind of sucks that Funcom let AoC slip this low in terms of population/development, I honestly felt this game had a great future when I first started playing it, and even when I quit due to the fact I was in school at the time and had to study and all that stuff.

AoC is too good to die! It has a core of players that really like it and play it more than any other MMO, and it is a large enough base to keep the game afloat. A lot of MMOs have come and gone since AoC launched and yet here we are. Something has to be said for that.

The important thing is where the game goes from here. It is a great IP with plenty of potential, but we have a small development team so things take time. If the crafting revamp is fun that will be a boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Derled View Post
    [customers (majority)]: hey finally, lets get some pvp, less grind, more balacne, fix this and that, and make few dungeons for us.
    Funny that you think the majority wants pvp when pvp servers have been the lowest pop servers for what 3 or 4 years now?

Quote Originally Posted by Oduda View Post
    Funny that you think the majority wants pvp when pvp servers have been the lowest pop servers for what 3 or 4 years now?
    are u some newbie? or just brain dead?

this what i wrote happened years ago, when pvp players were the 90% from game , and crom was wasteland with t1 raids and nothing else to do on that , that server is meant for exiled and every "trash" gathers there, no offence, but everyone with not enough skill/brains go to crom since they are looking otherside of fence thinking "maybe i can do quests without getting killed im so lame, maybe i can do bori to pvp 10, boost my kd, go back to fury and act cool"

u realize that pvp players were the MAJORITY?
    now pve players because funcom listen to carebears and qq nabs.

cant belive they closed top content in game "tortage pvp" like ****ing half from players left when they close that lols
    The Law

The statement "AoC is dead" is mainly a matter of perspective.

I for one think that the only players who really struggle to play the game are the ones that shot themselves in the face by going full retards for years and ended up in the ignore list of every single decent guild.

And now only Crom has an healthy population, those trolls are just totally unable to play the end game, hence why they spend their days standing in Khemi spamming global.
    It's kinda sad.

Appart from that negligeable minority of doom callers, most of the other players seem to enjoy the game just fine.

My personal experience is that whatever i want to do, i can do it, being pugging raids, dungeons, guild runs, recipe hunting, hell, even RP if it was my thing.
    So to me the game does not feel dead, i always have something to do and definitely not enough time to do it all.

In the end, i just don't get the need of 50K players on a server to enjoy a game some seem to feel.
    As said by the OP, AoC on its own is fantastic, and i too played it alone during my first year.

There is an ephemeral predicament with a proclivity to a prolongation in regard to the group-oriented population. Low-tier raids have been proven almost inexistent during the past three weeks, and any group activity with more consideration and reflex requirements than the usual simplistic "tank-and-spank" is met with quiescence and indolence.
    Diurnally, only one or three individuals show up both in the guild and friend lists. I have stumbled upon a Xibaluku band that could not kill the monster before the one with the puzzle.
    These days as if portend that the highest record on the lowest population is still ahead of us.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

I dont get you op. You say you want to play the game solo, still you feel a lack of community?

Sure the game may feel "dead" in some ways, but it's been like this for years, so at this point: take it for what it is or leave it.

Join a guild if you want to be part of something bigger. Within guilds is where you'll find life. Not alone in the wastelands.

Yes we all feel sad about how this game turned out
    (from a pvp perspective in particular)

Stuck in a limbo

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    There is an ephemeral predicament with a proclivity to a prolongation in regard to the group-oriented population. Low-tier raids have been proven almost inexistent during the past three weeks, and any group activity with more consideration and reflex requirements than the usual simplistic "tank-and-spank" is met with quiescence and indolence.
    Diurnally, only one or three individuals show up both in the guild and friend lists. I have stumbled upon a Xibaluku band that could not kill the monster before the one with the puzzle.
    These days as if portend that the highest record on the lowest population is still ahead of us.
    Where the hell are you getting this from? There's been T1 raids every single night lately, and there have been more W1/W3s than T1. It's freaking crazy how many T1 raids there are going on in AoC, especially considering how the gear you get is 1. inferior to easily gotten Khitai blues and 2. drops from the world boss loot pinata.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast