Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Kind of sucks that AoC is "dead"

Default Kind of sucks that AoC is "dead"

AoC was released 6 years ago, and it was actually the first MMORPG I played solo. With no friends, I actually liked this game enough that I said "**** it, I ll play solo". I'd usually play games with my friends, MMORPGS and so on, but AoC was the very first game that made me think 'you know what, **** it, this games so good that I dont even mind playing solo'. I liked everything about it, first class I got to 80 was a Necromancer, then leveled up other toons such as HoX, PoM, ToS, at like levels 30-50 to see what they're like. I had never found a game where I liked so many of its classes. I loved Necromancer, same for PoM and ToS, awesome classes. Came back like 2 weeks ago only to find it basically "died" alongside some other MMORPGs such as WAR, SWTOR etc. I still did subscribe and leveling up a DT now for fun, pretty sweet class, fun to play. Wish AoC got back some of its community, like at least a million or so, would be way more competitive and interesting to make it into lvl 80 and endgame therefore than it is now. This game is awesome, unique classes/spells, plus a very unique combat system, not the boring **** casual MMORPGS bring (WoW, WildStar, SWTOR, WAR etc.) WAR was actually the other MMORPG with interesting classes in it, but yeah, it died.. Literally, as the servers/game is closed for whoever doesn't know. I don't get MMORPG gamers, they don't like innovation? Like everyone is excited about WildStar which is basically a copy of WoW lol. (I know because I played it.) Anyway, TLDR is I wish more people would play AoC, plus I can't help but feel its gonna end up like WAR and close soon..

Please stop saying AoC is dead and spreading misinformation about games closing. FC just recently stated that all their MMOs are profitable, and is not in the habit of closing down their games. People were saying this crap in 2008, and it wasn't true then or now.

Rage and post-transfer Fury may have unfortunately small populations, but Crom easily has the population it needs, even if AoC could do with a population increase.

In fact, I recently re-subscribed to my old WoW account for nostalgia reasons, and my server, which is labelled as medium population and has half the population of the completely full servers, felt far more dead than Crom. If it wasn't for the 5-10 min dungeon/pvp queues for a tank (not really shorter than Crom's, except for the harder dungeons like Paikang/Dragonspine) due to cross-realm queues, it would've been unplayable.

let's face it: game has seen better days

Quote Originally Posted by Maly View Post
    stop spreading misinformation you!

Ah :@ .. u didnt reach lvl 80 yet after all these years .. and u claim ur self as aoc player and go to others saying .. that aoc died and no one playing it .. quess what I play aoc for almost two years .. it's alive and well here in crom .. I dunnu about other servers

u didnt even try Kihtai as lvl 80 and u claim ur self as aoc player .. go back to any stubid game u play and dont show ur face with a misled infos

Quote Originally Posted by abady View Post
    ah :@ .. U didnt reach lvl 80 yet after all these years .. And u claim ur self as aoc player and go to others saying .. That aoc died and no one playing it .. Quess what i play aoc for almost two years .. It's alive and well here in crom .. I dunnu about other servers

u didnt even try kihtai as lvl 80 and u claim ur self as aoc player .. Go back to any stubid game u play and dont show ur face with a misled infos
    laern to read

Quote Originally Posted by spoggos
    first class i got to 80 was a necromancer

Quote Originally Posted by Greyloins View Post
    Please stop saying AoC is dead and spreading misinformation about games closing. FC just recently stated that all their MMOs are profitable, and is not in the habit of closing down their games. People were saying this crap in 2008, and it wasn't true then or now.

Rage and post-transfer Fury may have unfortunately small populations, but Crom easily has the population it needs, even if AoC could do with a population increase.

In fact, I recently re-subscribed to my old WoW account for nostalgia reasons, and my server, which is labelled as medium population and has half the population of the completely full servers, felt far more dead than Crom. If it wasn't for the 5-10 min dungeon/pvp queues for a tank (not really shorter than Crom's, except for the harder dungeons like Paikang/Dragonspine) due to cross-realm queues, it would've been unplayable.
    u realize that funcom games are profitable because every game they have got like 1 guy to work for it?

because they actually think that their company can ever succeed if they treat their games like this, let me give you all example how is good company (OTHERS) and funcom being different.

good company, has guys to work for game, its old or not, making new content, fixing bugs (lols not being able to cheat like in aoc without any kind of warnings or bann ROFLMAO)

AND ACTUALLY making content people want.

now for funcom

dumbs game after its released, wont fix bugs, u can cheat all u want "note russians having full t3-t4 after week of their release" i wonder how that sin had full t4 on rage... well i guess he just soloed it. am I right so far? yes? good lets keep going.

[funcom]: hey great nows, write down the things you would want to see in game )) have fun.

[customers (majority)]: hey finally, lets get some pvp, less grind, more balacne, fix this and that, and make few dungeons for us.

[funcom]: im happy to inform you that WE ARE MAKING BORI AND KHITAI, you get 10 marc of aclaim per quest, and u need thousands of them, but it wont end here, we also revamp classes to be easier so plaayers would quit that class and leave game hahaha. we also make u to farm same 3 dungeon every one of them for 100 times to get full khitai set, but u also need rank 4 so dont forget!.

"whispering" that will keep em subbed for while..

now lets work for lego game and drop the ball in tsw. "luls i cant wait to see tsw player faces when we close it in year"
    The Law

Quote Originally Posted by barbaricwildcat2 View Post
    stop spreading misinformation you!
    Misinformation would be claiming the game is about to shut down, not stating that population has decreased.

To the OP. A good guild makes all the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Maly View Post
    and even worse days

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast