Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My suggestions on a new membership system

Quote Originally Posted by Daraios View Post
    not if you ban the IP
    this is not impossible
    But in times of dhcp and changing ip addresses it could be very annoying, especially if YOU are the one who gets a banned ip from your isp.

Quote Originally Posted by Karadok View Post
    So why not giving free players access to global for a one time fee ? Or give them access to global when they spent more than 10$ in the shop. So the gold spammers still have to pay and free players can use the global.

Funcom can also raise the gold limit via the shop. Win-win, imo.
    right on, this is easy money. for firsts tho, id let free to play actually be able to see the global channel

3)Premium membership: - exclusive access to t3.5 , t4
    - 1 offline point for 2 paid days instead of 1 for 4 .
    - atleast -20% for items in the store
    - +25% AA and pvp experience
    -exclusive access to the new "hyborian race", if it will ever be released
    That one is a bad suggestion.
    This is the reason therefore a lot of people leave: offline levels and fast AA and PVP experience.
    You just log on for a low-level run to see your friends power-levelling or offline-levelling, both sides losing interest in the game fast (the first side for having boosted friends, the other for being bored and satiated too fast). AAs are filled too fast, so people get bored an leave. PVP speed has been fine so far.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

It May be a good idea to let f2p read global. But no more please, no more spam please. NPH channel is still available.

I play from Western Europe with a Ping between 100 and 140s. Most of the time, above 200ms ping is due to peering between your provider and internet backbone provider. Most of the time that is solved using a VPN.

As AoC GD I will let F2p access everything but won't let them loot any 80lvl item. You want the fancy items, give money. When I say any lvl 80 item I will include the pvp items.
    I will keep the limit for the gold for f2p.
    Main (unique ?) objective of f2p is to transform them as customer.

Global was the worst idea ever anyway. If you remove all content that should belong to LFG, just see what it looks like, what kind of players use it most, and what for.

The best thing to do would be to nuke this chan to oblivion.

not if you ban the IP
    this is not impossible
    Unless you consider the impact on DHCP and on NAT based solutions, especially in an IPv4 world. Until you can uniquely identify one person by IP without it ever changing or being able to change for that individual, banning an IP is not a solution.

@OP; interesting idea. I like the TSW model (Especially with the Grand Master scheme). If Funcom offered a Grand Master pack for Age of Conan priced anywhere between $200 and $500 that offered me a lifetime membership I'd buy it in a heartbeat - just so I can log in, play a bit and then carry on with normal life when the mood and music and battles of Hyboria lures me away from work or whatever.

Actually this could exist in a heartbeat...called f2p with a good shop.

You could do exactly what you describe, if they understood their own system. Just imagine it being possible to get rid of the f2p restrictions by permanent unlocks (char and accountbound) and get access permanently (again char and accountbound) with reasonable prices.

I would prefer my suggested way of permanent unlocks rather than a lifetime sub, because the second way will probably bring them less money and be pricey for the customer because of the huge bundle.

It would not only allow for players to pay for and choose what they like, but also allow funcom to do better marketing research than with subs (especially longterm ones).

Quote Originally Posted by Treras View Post
    Unless you consider the impact on DHCP and on NAT based solutions, especially in an IPv4 world. Until you can uniquely identify one person by IP without it ever changing or being able to change for that individual, banning an IP is not a solution.

@OP; interesting idea. I like the TSW model (Especially with the Grand Master scheme). If Funcom offered a Grand Master pack for Age of Conan priced anywhere between $200 and $500 that offered me a lifetime membership I'd buy it in a heartbeat - just so I can log in, play a bit and then carry on with normal life when the mood and music and battles of Hyboria lures me away from work or whatever.
    I suggested a Lifetime Membership option on the f2p forum earlier. I bought the Grandmaster sub for The Secret World ($200 USD) and I would do the same for Age of Conan.

No special membership offers/better f2p restrictions/fair item shop pricing will help the population/game unless properly marketed and that is not gonna happen in the first place. So in the end this discussion is pointless imo.
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    You could do exactly what you describe, if they understood their own system. Just imagine it being possible to get rid of the f2p restrictions by permanent unlocks (char and accountbound) and get access permanently (again char and accountbound) with reasonable prices.
    Can you put the dollar figures down, please. Like - how much do you imagine it would cost and how would you break it down? $5 per raid, $10 per class? (And corresponding price in Euro) Something cheaper?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast