Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: craft revamp status?

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    I Hope they won't make the "old" items salvageable for the new crafting revamp ^^ Only the items looted after the revamp should be salvageable.
    No, i disagree.
    You have a point about rare and unique ingredients that have to be found and not transmuted anyway (like shards in the current system). But for every other (minimum the basic) ingredient, the old status and items should count.

They have already posted in a monthly update that stockpiles of the old basic resources will be 'converted' to new resources.
    Dagget,
    President of Ayredian Nightfall

Late last year this was a synopsis of what we knew ...TMAB on crafting.

Subsequently some possible new node concept art has popped up (see image 6 in the Age of Conan gallery here)

And recently, Joel Bylos has mentioned that another project milestone has been met,GUI tooltips have been finished.

We're all hoping that we get some better timeline info soon.
    Subbed July 2008 - Try THIS MACHINE AGE a blog for new and casual players of Age of Conan

Quote Originally Posted by burmese View Post
    They have already posted in a monthly update that stockpiles of the old basic resources will be 'converted' to new resources.
    I was refering to old items greedy peoples are stacking in order to get a better start when the revamp will come to live.

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    I was refering to old items greedy peoples are stacking in order to get a better start when the revamp will come to live.
    You talking about the people that have botted stuff for years and stacked stupid amounts of mats - and not being banned?

These are the ones that will benefit.

IMO a complete reset - ZERO for all should be the way forward.
    Pvp in AOC is Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by K4nnyc View Post
    You talking about the people that have botted stuff for years and stacked stupid amounts of mats - and not being banned?

These are the ones that will benefit.

IMO a complete reset - ZERO for all should be the way forward.
    he is talking about players that stack up on blue weapons and gear that they hope to salvage with the new system, or to use as weapon skins

Here good design should come in. You don't have infinite numbers of slots, items stack or don't stack and you can control what breaks up into what.
    Of course you can argue, there is an infinite number, if you have unlimited accounts or friends, but seriously...how huge is that number???

What worries me is the number of players who keep standard stocks for the economy, from collecting and from gathering. They earned it. You do not reset and delete all t1-t3 pve things when you introduce t4 or do some balancing, do you???

If players want to take the workload and risk and collect, why not? Unless you have insider info, this is a gamble. Which makes transparency, updates and information all the more important...to avoid certain people stacking special somethings, while others sell or delete stuff.

We can certainly agree, that both people who gained their actual resources through fishy means and those who abuse insider info should not benefit. But punishing the majority of those using the actual system now by a complete reset is not only a bit harsh...it is unnecessary and stupid imo, too.

It is like the people who cared under the old system to organize raids/groups and spent their paid time in collecting or farming instances for a special recipe. It is these you are hitting by a complete reset. It is hitting the builders probably too, who per definition NEED huge amount of resources stacked now to even build a pile of wood
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 18th March 2014 at 21:50.

All this talk make me worried. Gonna sell all my mats.

I was talking about keeping epic gear to breaking it instead of selling it for a few silvers, stacking resources is not a good idea. Read the question 3:
    http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=183784
    -> DT:Stiraqvcrn; Necro:Munyidora; ToS:Stiraqvaa; Guard:Stirameco; BS: Stiraqcanya, ...

If you see one Stira wipeing a group or a raid Its me

They have some contradicting information coursing around (deliberately?). The latest i heard (i think in a GD letter newer than "thevoice", but still the same GD) was, that they work on the database to implement the breaking down of all items, which contradicts the complete relaunch (but is good news, imo).
    No time to search now, maybe someone else can link?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast