Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Feedback thread for Unchained Halls of Eternal Frost, Caravan Raiders Hideout

Will the drops randomly be things for your specific class, or just random from the loot table?

Amphitheatre of Karutonia have better loot, bosses here don't have million hp and don't one-shot people. People clear 3 "new" dungeons once for quest and forget about them.

Funcom

The quest is repeatable of course, which is the reason for the 20h lock on the dungeons. The potential loot coming from the epic caches is intended to be far better than AoK.

All drops coming from the Acheronian Cache and Mystical Acheronian Cache should be items usable by your class. The only restriction is that the system can't take account for duplicates.

Have the old normal instances changed too?
    If so, cosmetical or like the destiny quests? and why?

The dungeons are a mixed bag, each have some cool encounters and some awful ones. I'm mostly happy with that, so not going specific on it. I think the Scorpion Caves bosses have a bit too much health maybe for the mechanics of them, seems a little excessive. I'm mostly happy with the dungeons though.

Quote Originally Posted by CirithGorgor View Post
    I just want to provide a bit of extra details in regards to the loot for this content.

Individual bosses will largely drop blue items ranging from buff potions and pets to armour and weapons (some unbound). Some bosses also have the chance to drop Mystical Acheronian Cache items, which in turn grant a chance at specific epic items, accessories, weapons and pets, these caches can also drop 2-4h higher tier buff potions.

These Mystical Acheronian Caches, where the best loot is held (intention is to be atleast on par with Khitai epics), however are primarily gained from the new mastery quest which can be picked up at the start of each of the new dungeons where the 3 of said caches will be rewarded for completing the entire unchained circuit.

If anyone wants more specific details on the high-end loot it can be found posted on the testlive forums (test live forum access required)
    here: http://forums-tl.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=58918 (original)
    and here: http://forums-tl.ageofconan.com/show...t=58918&page=6 (iteration 1)
    and here: http://forums-tl.ageofconan.com/show...&postcount=207 (iteration 2)

Note the epic quality armour set items have largely been improved from the original posts, mostly with the removal of regeneration stats and the addition of other more useful ones. Other items have received minor changes to those posted in the images.

Hope that information is useful.
    I'm not a fan of the new system here. What I find lame is that you have to do the entire circuit to get the epic boxes which seem to have a low drop rate as far as actually getting the epics goes (I got only con pots in each of the 3 boxes I opened). There's no chance of getting them without completing it as the bosses drop only blue/green boxes. Would've liked to see the bosses dropping the armor pieces and accessories/weapons from those boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hersch View Post
    I'm not a fan of the new system here. What I find lame is that you have to do the entire circuit to get the epic boxes which seem to have a low drop rate as far as actually getting the epics goes (I got only con pots in each of the 3 boxes I opened). There's no chance of getting them without completing it as the bosses drop only blue/green boxes. Would've liked to see the bosses dropping the armor pieces and accessories/weapons from those boxes.
    +1

Opened 3 epic cashes ,got 2 green rez potions ,one const potion and one strength potion.It's kind of not rewarding after running through all the instances,and yeah in the case of scoprion caves it just feels bosses have mechanics that prolong the fight while hitting a sack with shitload of hps.

Alternatively you could maybe increase the drop rates from cashes if you don't want to add pieces dropping from actual bosses.

Halls - haven't seen yet

Scorpion Cave:
    - Abomination - was stuck on flame barrier, looked borring and long.
    - Archer Prince- quite ok, but too long
    - Scorpion - haven't seen, DC
    - Constantius - again too long, rather ok beside that
    And in all those bosses tho have too much health points berserk timer isn't issue. But tactic are rather simple and repeating same stuff all over again and again and again gets boring. If you have to repeat some things 100 times they are not harder than when you have to do 10 times. And even if more numbers of repeats may cause error it's not due to difficulty but lost focus from boredom.

Caravan Riders Hideout:
    - Jathred - not trival for 1st comers (ritual interrupting) but fun
    - Medjian - fun, but some particle didn't match (yellow sarcophagus, brown on player) or may be hard to see difference (dark green, black, dark red), but still fun
    - Sethik - boring, but at least short
    - Vral - didn't use optimal tactic so was too long, but we get him healed too much. Can't say anything good yet, but also won't be saing it is bad.
    - Haven't seen last boss yet due it's spawning ritual. Was assuming cast other bosses starts at 10% are some kind of explosion that is supposed to wipe us half step from heaven.

Loot - as I stated on TL drops from cashes instead of boss boxes is not anything I'll ever like. I find it dumb and nothing ever will change here. But I'm not going to repeat myself, but:
    - rolling to have chance to roll to get something is fool loop
    - hidden drop list are in fact reintroducing class restrictions with back doors
    Last edited by bogus; 21st November 2013 at 18:09.
    Hayde, dead Dark Templar of Xotli
    and her long forgotten brotherhood: Berbelek Bookah Esthle Esthlos Illea Jamei Margrid Sanessa Shahai Sharila Vassone Vizu Xami

Funcom

Mystical Caches can drop from some of the bosses (atleast 1 per new dungeon).
    It very easy to update drop chances for specific items/item types using the cache system and it might be that we will want to change the internal calculations for generating loot from the mystical caches to increase the armour/weapon etc... drop rate, but I don't want to make a snap decision on that.

Funcom

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    Have the old normal instances changed too?
    If so, cosmetical or like the destiny quests? and why?
    Yes encounters match each other, with some added or expanded mechancis in the unchained versions.

Reason: consistency.

Quote Originally Posted by CirithGorgor View Post
    Mystical Caches can drop from some of the bosses (atleast 1 per new dungeon).
    It very easy to update drop chances for specific items/item types using the cache system and it might be that we will want to change the internal calculations for generating loot from the mystical caches to increase the armour/weapon etc... drop rate, but I don't want to make a snap decision on that.
    Well thank you for being honest and taking the time to talk to us so far. We are enjoying the dev interaction greatly.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast