Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Hyborian Race: Ideas

Disable all quests. There're some quests allowing "irregular" ways to earn XP.

Disable grouping. Else, it'll be just like Bori - several zergs form, largest zerg wins, others quit or join, end of story.

Only allow players to earn XP for one hour per day. Else, it'll just be a "race" of having no job / family / other hobbies (and take about three days).

Having made my three suggestions: I think it's a stupid idea. Even if no developer time is needed for that, even if it doesn't cost you a dime, even if it takes an hour or less to implement - that hour would better be used on something else. Make a video contest. Do a guided tour through T1 and T2 for new players. Spawn Hathor-Ka in Paikang in front of T4 (or, if you're really funny, in Tortage).
    Last edited by Khaletohep; 5th September 2013 at 23:12.

Here are few ideas which crossed my mind couple times already and I would like to see them implemented not only on race server.

Being in group should somehow reward players instead of punishing them (less xp, tokens just for person who picks them up), so:

1. amount of xp granted for kill should be the same for groups and lone players (100xp for 1st, 80xp for 2nd etc.), not sure about raids, but I think that current amount is just too low.

2. "bori" tokens should be granted for every member of group or raid (so it doesn't matter who collect loot etc.)

I believe these changes would encourage group PvP around Hyboria.

Another thing is alliances/guilds etc. The perfect situation is when you have couple big guilds (and bunch of smaller ones) and none of them is stronger than rest. As we all know from AoC history big guilds tend to work together to dominate servers instead of trying to keep balance and fight with each other.
    I have no idea (yet) how to encourage existence of few guilds which are pretty more or less hostile towards each other and not willing to create alliances. The point is, you (devs!) gotta figure out something so people actually feel that it is better to fight and compete with equally powerful guilds instead of just dominating.

disable fightclubbing. Oh wait, this was a problem long before bori and isnt fixed now. i guess killing some guildmates chars from a f2p account over and over again will make that race!

after 5th time you kill other char you get almost no xp, by joining and losing minigame you get much more. there is no point in fightclubbing, especially because now we have token based system to get pvp gear, while before it was only xp.

I think a free slot It would be wellcome even if it is only until the end of the event. I have 3 or 4 empty slots but there are a lot of players they havent and I think they wont delete one char for this.

PD:
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaletohep View Post

Only allow players to earn XP for one hour per day. Else, it'll just be a "race" of having no job / family / other hobbies (and take about three days).
    Im amazed, this summer holiday I lvled a guard useing 12 offline lvls and a lot of powerlvling of friends and it took me more than a week. And you people can lvl one char in three days with any help and 4 or 5 ragers on your tail? Impresive
    Last edited by xiulo88; 6th September 2013 at 07:48.
    -> DT:Stiraqvcrn; Necro:Munyidora; ToS:Stiraqvaa; Guard:Stirameco; BS: Stiraqcanya, ...

If you see one Stira wipeing a group or a raid Its me

@ xiulo88
    Your guildmates apparently suck at grinding. I recently powerlevelled a guy from 20 to 40 or 50 on a lazy sunday morning.

In my experience, you need about an hour per level from 20 to 80 with regular questing or solo grinding. Doing things as a group should be quicker.

It is possible that levelling will be slowed down by PvP or certain bottlenecks, e. g. many people needing the same quest mob(s).
    Some people will manage to completely avoid that, however. All you need is some luck and starting your "race" at a time when few people are playing. There probably won't be all that many people participating in this "race", and it'll probably be possible to completely avoid meeting other people when you get just a little head start.

Remember: Everyone starts fresh. If you get to Field of the Dead when most people are still in Conall's Valley and continue to hold that advance, you leave them behind forever and will never ever see another PC in your quest areas. There will be no higher level gankers guarding the bottleneck NPCs / bridges / zoning points.

If the 4-5 people advancing fastest cooperate, they'll win without much opposition, probably without any PvP at all.

Apparently, the race is to be class specific. This will give a strong encouragement to cooperate with up to 12 people from different classes.

It's the same thing as with Bori: Both are a PvE challenge thought to encourage conflict. But cooperating is better to beat the challange than not cooperating. People in general don't always get that. But the AoC community learned that simple truth with Bori.

Hence:
    - No grouping!
    - XP or time limit per day.
    Last edited by Khaletohep; 6th September 2013 at 09:28.

Reward :
    Even if I probably won't won anything, I agree that reward (which must be social stuff I think), should be for the whole account. Something the winners could show and be proud of.

Mechanics :
    Maybe disable the elite zones. I don't know if this has been talked about already, and I don't know if it's a good thing or not. But, I know I'll try to group with friend to get the blue stuff there at start.
    Last edited by Religolibri; 6th September 2013 at 11:10.

Lightbulb

Remove all PvE quests/items,guards,mobs and make pure PvP server for PvP players.Also when player hit lvl 80 give him reword to fill all AA points.Open every zone on this PvP server for PvP(talking about citys).Add arenas with new PvP reword,add PvP player ranking reword,add new mini maps with PvP reword and BK mats revord,guild PvP ranking with rewords.Make seiges 24 men's,add pvp mats for BK drop from PvPing.Return old mini games so pvp players can play premades and play with there frends.Make this server PURE PvP !!!
    Let it be known forth,if it wasn't before,
    That Primal Instinct is not carpet from Usak
    That Primal Instinct is not silk pillow from Brus
    That Primal Instinct know things more precious then head
    Primal Instinct is not handful of rice to be picked out by
    Every crow brought by the wind !!!

Quote Originally Posted by noite80 View Post
    .remove all pve lvling

.add all zones pyre/body part system from ce

.remove all pve dungeons so people cant gank near them or jump inside to avoid death or even want to pve

.remove all guards everywhere

.make available just engame open world instances with quests to gank "x" people inside them with daily cooldown, only make available instnaces with cities or strategic points to be used for shelter, places like grasslands with pin pin, keshatta with kesh city, tarantia comons, koppsheff with central arena and central city

.anyone making char on server gets full aa's and cannot use any other gear apart from current t3 pvp set.

.player of each class who did most kills on each class gets account rewards like fc points and rare mounts

.each zone has totems like in jebhal minigame cursing or granting temporary buffs to players

.rewards active guild who make sieges with some fc points acount based, and make battlekeeps reset its walls by themselfs after 1day of destruction.
    adding

.remove all epic mode instances

.race should be first to reach pvp5

.grant extra char slot for event duration

.pvp xp gain multiplied by 10 factor when in open world
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by noite80 View Post
    adding

.pvp xp gain multiplied by 10 factor when in open world
    signed, that is one of the most important things to do. to not let fightclubbing just give very low pvp xp and chance of dropping those pots mentioned below when killing same char many times.

and make it possible to effectively get pve levels by pvp (i.e those aa offline potions or pve xp potions dropping from enemy)

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast