Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Conan is a Conq?

Quote Originally Posted by Jovana View Post
    ...first thing google shows up is Conan the Barbarian...
    You're going the wrong way.

From my understanding on conan stories, he is a barbarian by the way lived and also his culture (compare cimmerian to aquilonian in the stories as much comparing gauls with romans in real life), the way lives, the way he fights makes him a barbarian class in game BUT,
    he learn to shoot bows like hyrkanians do, the masters of bow and arrows, and that is a ranger, AND
    he was a thief that moved like a cat, and even beated the besr knowed thieves in hyboria, giving some assassin skills, at least on stealth and movement, AND
    he is smart and leads armies, and wears heavy armor to heavy battles, that combined with his fighting style makes him a conq...

So, conan IS NOT a mage or healer, nor any specific classes in the game, he is the perfect class, moves and evades like assassins, shoots bow like rangers, fights like a barbarian and leads armies like a conq

Thats who conan is IMO
    Why i play AoC:
    Barb for Lore;
    HoX for challenge;
    BS for fun;
    Ranger to annoy;

There are no character classes in Howard's writings. Conan is a barbarian because of where he was raised, and how he scorns civilization. He was never "civilized" or "domesticated". He merely tolerated the inherent weakness of customs and practices of civilized people. He was a thief, a pirate, a mercenary, and eventually a King. These were his professions.. not "classes". Only the "civilized" cultures assigned classes to people. Cimmerians didn't do that. Every man and woman was born with the same gifts. Life and the will to survive. Class is a foreign concept to the Cimmerian.

according to funcom conan can only be one class, dark templar! (otherwise conan wouldnt be the strongest badass in hyboria)

Quote Originally Posted by Mantic0r3 View Post
    according to funcom conan can only be one class, dark templar! (otherwise conan wouldnt be the strongest badass in hyboria)
    Pfft... Conan doesn't PvP though.

the voice that conan is a conqueror was born for the sole reason conan wearing the sword of the conqueror (the sword is the same as it was in 80's movies around here).
    Conan is and will always remain a barbarian, in books often wears chainmail obviously in the game the barbarians are relegated to light only as a matter of balance.
    Personally, in terms of the last game I selected T3 Conan to peek its rotation. He has skill 1 and 2 combo: Enhanced charge when kb from the ape, Butcher (combo base of the barbarian) and Defiant Strike (combo with debuffs that do not belong to any class that I know, but belongs to many NPC) ultimately conan is not I a barbarian (as in the other game) and even a conqueror, but between barbarous and conqueror is certainly closer to the barbarian conqueror in seeing that the game has nothing!

Quote Originally Posted by NoComment View Post
    From my understanding on conan stories, he is a barbarian by the way lived and also his culture (compare cimmerian to aquilonian in the stories as much comparing gauls with romans in real life), the way lives, the way he fights makes him a barbarian class in game BUT,
    he learn to shoot bows like hyrkanians do, the masters of bow and arrows, and that is a ranger, AND
    he was a thief that moved like a cat, and even beated the besr knowed thieves in hyboria, giving some assassin skills, at least on stealth and movement, AND
    he is smart and leads armies, and wears heavy armor to heavy battles, that combined with his fighting style makes him a conq...

So, conan IS NOT a mage or healer, nor any specific classes in the game, he is the perfect class, moves and evades like assassins, shoots bow like rangers, fights like a barbarian and leads armies like a conq

Thats who conan is IMO
    So Conan is OP is what you're saying.

Default He's both.

Conan for his most part ofc he was Conan the Barbarian if you like.

Where we sit in Age of Conan however he is Conan the Conqueror of Aquilonia.

Just in the startup video you can see him slumped over the tacticians map, and talking of armies.

Then during quests you speak to him directly and he describes that he is confined to kingly duties and that he misses the battle life.

The guy is sat on a throne. In heavy/plate armour. You can say what you want but the facts are those.
    Funcom's Latency Detonation crits you for 4800 millisecond damage. Claret died.

I spent lots of time teaching him archery recently. Now it's Conan the ranger but it's not official yet.
    Last edited by Religolibri; 29th January 2014 at 16:27.
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

Quote Originally Posted by NoComment View Post
    leads armies like a conq
    Thats who conan is IMO
    let him die the black dragons without planting the flag of healing ... leader that bad

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast