Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Assassin Build thread

I have edited my first post and removed the raiding builds.
    Those were not mine and I don't raid so can't defend them/elaborate on them.
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Evito View Post

In most situations full nuke hybrid build is only way to go, and that's heavy Lotus, half corruption. Sure any build can work, you only need to spend 20 points to do good DPS, but I can't see any point recommending sub-par raid builds like ones in the OP.
    I disagree i've probably tested everything possible in Raids and on Strae men,
    1. You don't deal more dmg with hybrid spec in Raids or on Straw Men, not less but not more for sure
    2. Even if you did you'd be dead

Don't underestimate fully feated melee dmg in the "general"? tree.

We've probably got some of the best if not the best tanks on mitra and you are able to get aggro even with 21% - hate with some Bosses. You run into Problems with shard Management if you've got a good rota and start using avatar/Lotus Overdose Cod and Crimmson Lotus pollen, which ultimately costs u dps.

With a tribrid build (asuming tanks are tanking) only Neks will surpass your dps.

By the way:

As Shink said having Grave Blossom feated doesn't mean u have to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodinger1985 View Post
    We've probably got some of the best if not the best tanks on mitra and you are able to get aggro even with 21% - hate with some Bosses.
    ofc you have, no doubt. lol. minus 22% hate doesn't mean anything if boss has aggro reset, you can have minus 100% and still get aggro if you land combo(s) at a wrong moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodinger1985 View Post
    I disagree i've probably tested everything possible in Raids and on Strae men,
    1. You don't deal more dmg with hybrid spec in Raids or on Straw Men, not less but not more for sure
    2. Even if you did you'd be dead

Don't underestimate fully feated melee dmg in the "general"? tree.

We've probably got some of the best if not the best tanks on mitra and you are able to get aggro even with 21% - hate with some Bosses. You run into Problems with shard Management if you've got a good rota and start using avatar/Lotus Overdose Cod and Crimmson Lotus pollen, which ultimately costs u dps.

With a tribrid build (asuming tanks are tanking) only Neks will surpass your dps.

By the way:

As Shink said having Grave Blossom feated doesn't mean u have to use it.
    Yeah i don't use it, that is why i felt it a waste of 5 points to get to Baneful Venom. I will test a build with it and see what it will do for me.

Maybe something like this one? http://goo.gl/IgjtD
    My main alts:
    Cylien Assassin - Whirlwind of death. As in dies a LOT
    Scythie Conqueror - And Petal her mammoth
    Karalee Guardian - "My sergeant says an army marches on it's belly. But I ain't never seen that! "Shakes her head vigorously"

Shameless self promotion
    http://www.reverbnation.com/charkoalmusic

Quote Originally Posted by Chaoskult View Post
    ofc you have, no doubt. lol. minus 22% hate doesn't mean anything if boss has aggro reset, you can have minus 100% and still get aggro if you land combo(s) at a wrong moment.
    Yep but having feated in general tree i have the tools to get rid of it at once, and keep my dmg up without pauses(or minimal). And i don't only mean Bosses with aggro reset. It'S my opinnon and works very well for me , Hybrid doesnt (in Raids), that's all I'm saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Scythie View Post
    Yeah i don't use it, that is why i felt it a waste of 5 points to get to Baneful Venom. I will test a build with it and see what it will do for me.

Maybe something like this one? http://goo.gl/IgjtD
    Invest a point in Kidney Shots, and as I'm talking about T4 an 3.5 mainly, do you really need Lotus Overload? entity adds ok, but running out of Bombardment doesn't cause a wipe or make the fight unnecessarily difficult so why not spend the 4 points differently.

I'm amazed to see how many people spec into lotus overload for raids. I can only see this feat being usefull for the entity fight.

@whoever wrote tribrid is on par with/better than hybrid:
    No. Just. No.
    Djain - Assassin - PvP 10
    Djian - Dark Templar
    Djayn - Bear Shaman
    ... and a bunch of other level 80s ...

What sort of DPS do you do on Strwa Man from spawn to despawn with a Hybrid spec? (Using Cod and Crimmson Lotus Pollen) ? I'm interested, maybe I'm missing something.

http://goo.gl/7KMNg

I am using the above build, but I am wondering if it's worth dropping Steeped Lotus Extract & Soul Destruction for Vile Corruption. Below is what I am thinking about...

http://goo.gl/QHB0j

Would the addition of another DOT by GC outweigh the boost to SDS dot & bomb? The drawback is I think GC has a fairly long duration, but another dot could technically be better than additional dmg & crit on sds dot & bomb?

Thoughts?

For pure dmg specs I drop snap kick & stun for damage, but I keep them for all around specs.
    With fond memories of Corinthia RP-PvP...

Quote Originally Posted by Nevsky View Post
    http://goo.gl/7KMNg

I am using the above build, but I am wondering if it's worth dropping Steeped Lotus Extract & Soul Destruction for Vile Corruption. Below is what I am thinking about...

http://goo.gl/QHB0j

Would the addition of another DOT by GC outweigh the boost to SDS dot & bomb? The drawback is I think GC has a fairly long duration, but another dot could technically be better than additional dmg & crit on sds dot & bomb?

Thoughts?

For pure dmg specs I drop snap kick & stun for damage, but I keep them for all around specs.
    I usually run with 4 points in lotus extract and 4 in soul destruction.If i had to favour one i would take extract in most of the cases.

If you aim for a build with both baneful venom and vile corruption i would recommend 4 points in each at least but bear in mind it's not better at all from the other option.Will jsut give you lower agro but also lower burst in cases you might want to do more.

In your builds i find you lack lotus overdose for no good reason despite spending the points to be able to get it(far better dps from kidney shots choice for example). Also some other points i find misplaced but that's what stands out more.And you have not included miasma :soul strike but i guess that's an accidental mistake ?
    Last edited by -Shink-; 5th July 2013 at 17:41.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast