Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: pvp advice

Default pvp advice

So i just recently got to lvl 80 with my ToS, atm im currently pvp lvl 2.
    this is my current spec
    http://joharaoc.eu/feat?link=v1_11c3...927638fb838400

So i need help from som pro tos pvpers with a build and what to spend my aa points in, and what rotations and so on, currently im my minis i die all from 1-8 times and get around 1-4 kills. i know im a but undergeared but my dmg seems to be quite low compared to others at same pvp lvl, so i dont rly know if its my rotation/build or just simply my gear

Hope i get some good advice from u guys

Ill go ahead and offer advice before some other "pro tos" chimes in with bad misinformation..

Try this build out..

http://goo.gl/oeRyYu

Serpent Transmutation isn't as useful as it used to be, 5 min cooldown and fails half the time.. Fangs works well once you get the hang of using it though it only works against melee classes. our greatest enemy . Works to cause a single target melee to miss all their hits on you for 8 seconds more or less (90% miss chance). only has a 1 min cooldown as well. I get accused of cheating by using this.. the totem will augment your damage a little if you are near it otherwise dont spec too much into totem its not worth it. call lightning, storm field, Aura is great, Also recommend the following aa perks FOR PVP

Field of war (PvP Centric Damage increase)
    Chromatic Orb( Must have)
    Deliverance (anti CC)
    Steadfast Faith (This works great to remove elemental debuffs and wrack effects) its not just for pve
    Constriction (modification to Cobra Stare)
    Lull modification to Eye of the Storm.

Also recommend getting Elusive Nature 3rd one from the top middle.. It adds passive critigation. but don't prioritize this.

Make sure you have the highest rank of storm field and call lightning which can be found via 6 mans or the pvp vendors.

Coils of set is nice but lately the benefits of lull and constriction have proven useful. Lull allows you to make better use of eye of the storm.. it really pumps out the damage if you put it up and lull reduces some of the negative effects.

Good luck and remember you're going to get your ass pounded good for a long while before you become viable. If you can tough it out its worth it.
    Live Twitch Stream - Fury PvP - US East Coast Prime Time - Rated MA

id never feat the bubble on a tos, the cd is way too long to be effective so its a waste of 11 pts.

http://goo.gl/17ctJ8

id use somthing like this

Spyroz your build looks just fine

But i would spare a point so you also get Collum Lighting
    (very good finisher with insta LS / Coils of Serpent)

to say Bubble is a waste of points is nonsence , you get the bubble 3 times in a minigame , it can be combind with eye of storm when u face several melees , it can be used to help pickup guarded flags,cap middle supereasy in jebbal ect.

Your probl with a lvl 2 TOS is simple your gear,the ppl will kill you to fast (if you play proper n try to stay in combat n heal ppl, n not a range wannabe demo) that wil change from pvp lvl6-7 i guess

You can farm the Scarlet Cirle Set if you feel your dps is bad
    Anothing thing to get kills u need to debuff your enemies use Curse of Set , n spark then cancel the spark , n you get a nice debuff really fast

Thx for the quick replys i will try the specs out and figure what fits my play style the best, its good to hear that it will get bether when i get some bether gear

Quote Originally Posted by Spyroz View Post
    Thx for the quick replys i will try the specs out and figure what fits my play style the best, its good to hear that it will get bether when i get some bether gear
    yea man, tos needs some gear ( alot of pvp 10 sins/rangers around)

Donot listen to geldour lol

And stardust i don't know who you are but i don't agree with your assessment of bubble. let me ask you this.. How often do you pop bubble to only die anyway? It's a dated spec. All it does is deter people from attacking you because once everyone sees you have it on they run away to avoid healing you up.

Fangs is where the party is at nowadays. Quick cast and really pisses off the melee players.

And column lightning? It's a slow cast spell it's in my view this is not viable in pvp even as a finisher.

A finisher should be quick cast and hit hard

Charged Blast is all the finisher you need and if that fails hit em with lightning sparks.

Meh spyro try both and see which build fits your playstyle better.
    Last edited by Laethiel; 15th June 2014 at 15:05.
    Live Twitch Stream - Fury PvP - US East Coast Prime Time - Rated MA

Just wondering what pvp lvl are you guys with tos? getting some great tips here, like i sayd i want to be decent at tos pvp and derfor looking at the best advice

To Laethiel

I dont use my bubble to often (alot of minis i dont use it at all) , its mainy when it benfits the team
    when u fight in flagsroom with 4-5 vs 4-5 ect

i see alot of tosses use bubble n waste it ,

(1vs1 Duels a bubble spec is very outdated yes i agree there)
    and i not sayin bubble spec better then other it really depends on the other team imo what classes ect

What i mean as a finisher with CL+INSTA LS n Coils is that it does massive dmg to an enemy thats not is focusing you
    i not talkin 1vs1 and sure i know it has a long casttime
    but then again it can be used with SF running n has a good range
    and its 1 Feat Point only
    Last edited by ziggy-stardust; 15th June 2014 at 19:30.

Quote Originally Posted by Spyroz View Post
    Just wondering what pvp lvl are you guys with tos? getting some great tips here, like i sayd i want to be decent at tos pvp and derfor looking at the best advice
    listen to Laethiel advice, he is the best tos on fury atm

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast