Thread: New DT PvP Mini Help

Default New DT PvP Mini Help

Please help:

I just started PvP minis this weekend on my DT and reached PvP 1.
    I started in Faction gear Tiger/LL/Wolves with Yag shield and Tiger swipe.

Im using the build posted by Lerael: http://goo.gl/28h5EH
    Thanks for posting your build

AAs: I Have all of my wards maxed, Chromatic ward 5 pts, Dec strikes 5 pts, some minis I slotted Pressing strikes 5 points

Vindication 5 points, avoid entanglements 2 pts.

VoM

Latency hovers around 160-200

Buffs: Aura of Dread fury and switch between COA, COI

I died a lot the first 10 minis or so was just getting melted and focus fired almost the entire match.

I bought the cash shop PvP armor and sword and shield.

I noticed the difference in the first mini wearing the Pvp gear
    I could at least jump in the fray and get some combos off and even got a few kills.

I seem to miss a lot unless player is CCed the hit box seems really tiny. Maybe its a latency issue im not sure.

My questions are:

What are some good basics in Minis for the DT?

What class(es) should DT focus on killing?

Do new Dts spec into general when new to PvP?

What is the DTs role in Minis?

Ive been playing my Pvp 1 Pole guard and doing much better not many kills but im not dying nearly as much.

Thanks in Advance.

hi

about AAs: did you already max out elusive nature and skill forced engage? both deliver a pretty solid amount of critigation chance passively -> 40% without slotting anything. elusive is also worth slotting from time to time, raising your chance to mititgate a crit to 80% (note that these mitigated crits will still be displayed as crits in your log, but they deal wayyyy less damage)
    since its mainly burst damage and/or debuffs that kill soldiers in minis its definately worth investing here getting up from 40% to 80% is also a bigger increase than it may seem at first glance:
    with 40% youll averagely mitigate 2 out of 5, with 80% its 4/5, which means that the amount of crits NOT being mitigated is divided by 3!

to help against the debuffing part you might wanna slot resolve instead of avoid entanglements at 2. while avoid E is pretty sweet against some maxed ranger traps or against the sins charge it only really shines at 5 points.
    resolve on the other hand helps against each of those -10% invul. debuffs applied by almost any character (they all look like some slim clouds ascending over your chars head; not the 'thunderstorm'-like clouds, thats ruin).
    -> rebuke of pom
    -> unhallowed bligh of dts
    -> manifestation of forest BS
    -> feint attack of conq
    -> armor ripper of ranger
    -> grim corruption of sin (always avoid to get hit by that combo anyways ^^)
    -> blabla stench of nec
    -> lightning sparks of tos
    -> something from demo (pet?)

so theres use for it against any class but barb and guardian.
    __

issues with hitting: since they moved the servers to the u.s. playing melee has become quite a gamble for europeans~ even with 2Handed range your combos and whitehits get red when there are 3 guys standing infront of you without even moving. note that quick turns and jumps on your side can also lead to misses cause the netcode cannot track your movement properly. against other melees its always best to wait till they start their finishers to start yours. but 1h range is not much bigger -if at all- than dagger range so be prepared to get frustrated, and to not trust your eyes when another '100%' hit from your pov did nothing .
    btw: targeting your enemy increases your combo-finisher range, so always do that.
    __

focus: by far the most dangerous enemies, since they dont experience any hitting issues, have become casters and rangers. and since those guys love to focus pvp<5 players you might already receive alot of love from them. but luckily most ranged classes run a marathon if you just look at them ^^.
    never underestimate poms -> you will have a hard time killing them on your own but you can perfectly interrupt them: CC them and drain their mana like crazy, mana is the weak spot of poms!

avoid fighting conqs, they have superior debuff power and with all your little proccs as a dt you will partly kill yourself while beating a conq :>

Quote Originally Posted by Tlingit View Post
    My questions are:

What are some good basics in Minis for the DT?

What class(es) should DT focus on killing?

Do new Dts spec into general when new to PvP?

What is the DTs role in Minis?

Thanks in Advance.
    If you have all necessary AAs maxed , then its time for you to focus on your gear(Obviously).

As for your first question - Stay with healers(Defend them)/If there's no healer , stay with other soldiers and spam your green heal(Martyrdom) they will thank you later. Depends on a situation of course, try flagbot untill you get pvp t2 armor.

DT can easily kill clothies(Sin,Mages,Barbs,healers). You can also try to kill Guardians because DT is their anti-class(But always look at their armor/equipment , you wont kill pvp 10 lol).

If you feel that you need more armor and protection, then go for feats in general tree. You will loose some DPS , but you wont be killed so often.Your decision.

DT have a few roles and can be played differently. You can be Flagboter - means that you dont focus on other players and you always steal and deliver flags. If there's 1-2 good soldiers and no healers - you know the drill, spam Martyrdom(In a teamfight use Seal of Chaos+Martyrdom for instant green heal). If you have a perfect team and you feel useless(happens very rarely nowadays)- just defend your healers and help soldiers , when you get a decent amount of equipment, focus clothies and **** them

try this as a variation on your build to help avoid the melt effect.

http://goo.gl/pyA7nE

Against other dts use COI and spam mystical bane all ranks on em to help your team take them down. Use no stance mostly , def for when your outnumbered and frenzy when you get ignored ( frenzy will get you kills and get you killed in equal measure but i think you know this)

Much appreciated.

great info I had no idea about slotting resolve I will try that.

IN most minis I seem to be the only Level 1 pvp heheh and I get gangbanged quite a bit if I get caught away from group.

Ive got a lot to learn and appreciate you all taking your time to explain how to play more effectively.

I really like melee in this game and hopefully I can get better on DT to help out in Minis.

If I want to only concentrate on Minis would you suggest moving to Fury?