Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help please

Question Help please

I am a noob at DT lvl 25 this is my build
    http://joharaoc.eu/feat?link=v10_11f...2494126ee11364
    I am thinking of going down the desecration line all the way, but at the moment I seem to die with more than 2 mobs attacking me is this usual, maybe I am not using my skills right in the correct order in my ui, can someone please post a pic of their ui if possible, or tell me which order to put them, and do I use all the skills with 1,11,111,or just the highest, and what does a combo consist of 1,2,3,or more skills combined. I like playing DT so that's why I am asking for help. Hope you do help Thank you.I am a premium player if that makes a difference I have bought the sword shield and armour for lvl 20 from cash shop too.
    Last edited by shim62; 11th March 2014 at 08:59.

So far it looks like pure dps. Maybe you can switch to another aura as well to get more armor or start feating drains or general armor.
    As DT you can try out a lot without having to refeat, if it is just too many mobs molesting you
    In PvE good way is to use martyrdom before you charge, then the combos that boost your drain and the debuff. 4 mobs of similar level should be no problem then, even with bad gear.
    You should also check, if you are using all buffs and the newest rank of them.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 11th March 2014 at 09:43.

Smile

Thanks for the info much appreciated.

The DT can be tough until you get Pact of Malacodor. After that, you'll kill everything pretty damn fast. Without all the procs that "adult" DTs get, the damage output more like resembles a Guardian. With low level / none gear alternatives, it is hard. Build looks good so far, but personally I never feat Sacrificial Fury unless I have Seal of Chaos (makes it instant cast). At level 30 or 40 you get the stun combo, that makes it easier too. As Kurt says, remember to buff up with Pact of Malacodor, Sadistic Soul, Aura of Dread Fury and Covenant of Arms.

When you get to end-game DT you'll find that even a Dread Shadow spec can be huge for DPS. All you need to do is change stance and clothes and you can go from a tank to a DPSer...all with the same build.

My tank build looks something close to this:

http://joharaoc.eu/feat?link=v10_11f...149012434126f0

I can change into a full Scarlet Circle priest (or Tigers heavy) set and equip a tali and do insane amounts of damage...AND I still have my own off-tank and two stuns.
    Some people look at a Dread Shadow as a crutch. Whatever. To me it's an extremely useful tool and I don't really sacrifice much to get it.

But all this is really a moot point. With the addition of multiple feat builds you don't have to sacrifice and make hard choices. You can have your tank cake and eat your DPS pie too: all with the push of a button.

Quote Originally Posted by AOC-Kyyle View Post

My tank build looks something close to this:

WOW. That build is bad on so many levels. No Seal of Chaos, no Vile Gluttony, no Approach of Death, no Corrupt Weapon, multiple covenants feated. I do NOT recommend using that build.

Dread Shadow is golden though. Don't forget maybe the most important thing it does besides taking a few hits now and then, which is putting the Ruin on your target, that makes all your procs hit harder.

Did you enjoy stroking your epeen? LOL

I do have SoC...(I did say that it was "something like". I just threw that up to give an idea of what a tank build looks like) and I'd have to check but I may be using Vile Gluttony. Multiple Covenants? I feated into CoA and that's the only one I ever run.

EDIT: This is actually more like what I run: I'm sure why I put those 5 points in Crystalized Ether earlier, I don't feat into it.

Last edited by AOC-Kyyle; 17th March 2014 at 10:24.

I do have SoC...(I did say that it was "something like". I just threw that up to give an idea of what a tank build looks like) and I'd have to check but I may be using Vile Gluttony. Multiple Covenants? I feated into CoA and that's the only one I ever run.

EDIT: This is actually more like what I run: I'm sure why I put those 5 points in Crystalized Ether earlier, I don't feat into it.

...why are you feating Solid pestilence if you don't use it?
    -> DT:Stiraqvcrn; Necro:Munyidora; ToS:Stiraqvaa; Guard:Stirameco; BS: Stiraqcanya, ...

If you see one Stira wipeing a group or a raid Its me

What the hell man, how old are you? The build you got now suddenly doesn't have Soul Barrier, and still feated two covenants. Arms without Approach of Death, and Pestilence. Still no point in Corrupt Weapon. DT is all about making as many procs as possible hit as many crits as possible, to make as many VoM stacks up simultaneously as possible. Curse of Gwahlur doesn't crit and is generally more trouble than gain.

Quote Originally Posted by xiulo88 View Post
    ...why are you feating Solid pestilence if you don't use it?
    Exactly my point by saying "several covenants". He didn't understand it. Post a build for helping someone, and it better be a good and correct one, not just random clicks on a planner.
    Last edited by Shax84; 17th March 2014 at 11:50.

FFS....OK. I'm home from work and I have access to my characters.

Here is the tank build I've been running for the last couple of years. I don't have it memorized so please find it in your hearts to forgive me for not recreating it perfectly earlier.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-z...7-01-44-79.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast