Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Raid Demo

I did some parses on a 3 minute strawman, but could not find logic in the differences except there was too much difference feated and unfeated to match the feat descriptions. It's been a while since I last tested this, so it might have been changed in some patch during the past years. Will do an extended strawman parse on a dummy in Guild City and see how the differences pan out over a hour or so.

Results on my first parses were 17% crit on WoF unfeated -> 28% crit feated. 10% and 15% crit on pet unfeated -> 22% crit feated.

The pure damage difference on the pets though, are 11% in favor of Cacodemon. Take example in The Entity, where my Cacodemon did 13% of my total damage, Bindings did 6,55% of total damage. Given a situation where WoF would be usable, there is no justifying of dropping 6,55% (34535 dmg) of total damage over an 11% decrease of Cacodemon damage (1,5% - 1031 damage).

Gonna post later about the crit chances but for now, it looks like I was wrong in my post last night about the calculations.

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    Demo's not that complicated, but in a raid you should be spamming your pacts since 90% of raid content you have almost no chance of dying if you pay attention.

Also, while it may seem like Bindings adds to your dps, all it really does is waste mana. In fact, most of your instants waste more mana than they are worth. That's why I go renegotiation (which puts me close to 40% crit damage when on) and improved pacts, the extra damage from your crits (when you have 20% crit chance or more) make up for the mana cost of bindings since you won't have any mana issues if you use archfiend properly. I'm not saying don't use instants, but you can't just spam them, you'll run go oom really quick.

So situationally you can swap RoF with Cacodemon since some encounters you simply can't use WoF. Of course you have people that swear by the cacodemon and twitch if they take it off their set up, so to each their own I guess. 10% weapon damage is not a game breaker, it's just nice to have.
    1.Consume flames.
    2.Demon heart of chatha
    3.Decent group setup.
    4.Manage your sw buffs and debuffs.Ofc there might might be that unlucky moment when you are hit by aoe,heals are off and demon's payment just came for a visit but well,**** happens.

Instants are a shitload of your damage.Especially as you gear up in
    t4.

That being said i like renegotation but i only find it usefull in 2 minute fights to burst the maximum crit damage out of wof and instants etc,though as your SW stacks go up it starts to get insignificant.

As for not running cacodemon just to squeeze bit more dps on your char in my opinion gimps your group dps a bit and that's more important on most encounters.

Quote Originally Posted by -Shink- View Post
    1.Consume flames.
    2.Demon heart of chatha
    3.Decent group setup.
    4.Manage your sw buffs and debuffs.Ofc there might might be that unlucky moment when you are hit by aoe,heals are off and demon's payment just came for a visit but well,**** happens.

Instants are a shitload of your damage.Especially as you gear up in
    t4.

That being said i like renegotation but i only find it usefull in 2 minute fights to burst the maximum crit damage out of wof and instants etc,though as your SW stacks go up it starts to get insignificant.

As for not running cacodemon just to squeeze bit more dps on your char in my opinion gimps your group dps a bit and that's more important on most encounters.
    Perhaps in t4 gear you can use as many instants you want, but in k6 gear you really have to manage what you cast because mana at that point is still actually a resource...10% weapon damage and 2.5% magic damage doesn't gimp any group, it's nice to have but like I said, not game breaking at all. Only the parse whores cry when they don't get every buff possible for dps.

I'm not saying do not use instants, I'm just saying if you spam them non-stop you will go oom, you need to know when to slow down on the spam so you can sustain your regen, and if it's one of those few encounters where you can't use WoF, then feating it for a free HS is worthless.
    Last edited by Suctum; 28th December 2013 at 13:14.
    Doomsayer 2008

Left Shax alone in Guild City while I was out for a while. Macroed the WoF button with repeating on 9,5 sec delay. The result with blank feat tree was:

WoF crit chance 19% (4019 hits / 949 crits)
    Warlord crit chance 10% (1909 hits / 224 crits)

When I got back, I added points down to Improved Waves of Flame and Fury of the Underworld:

WoF crit chance 24% (1646 hits / 532 crits)
    Warlord crit chance 11% (817 hits / 110 crits)

So, 5 points in Fury of the Underworld seems not worth it, while Improved WoF is working as intended.

Hellfire Stream and Shock are a significant source of damage, leave no doubt about it. For mana management, having full Overload and full Earth Recharge helps quite a bit. With 5 points in Overload, every 4th spell you'll cast will be for free. Also if you feat Hellwave, your Hellfire Stream will "always" be free.

I do have 9500 mana in T4 gear and of course that makes a difference compared to my 7000 or what it was in K6 gear, but basically meaning I can take more Ether Drain, a few more Bindings of the Skylord before I am empty.

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    Left Shax alone in Guild City while I was out for a while. Macroed the WoF button with repeating on 9,5 sec delay. The result with blank feat tree was:

WoF crit chance 19% (4019 hits / 949 crits)
    Warlord crit chance 10% (1909 hits / 224 crits)

When I got back, I added points down to Improved Waves of Flame and Fury of the Underworld:

WoF crit chance 24% (1646 hits / 532 crits)
    Warlord crit chance 11% (817 hits / 110 crits)

So, 5 points in Fury of the Underworld seems not worth it, while Improved WoF is working as intended.
    Fury of the Underworld was only good as a pvp feat when they first revamped Havoc, the point was that it increased your critical heal chance from the pet, which was more useful then than now. It's basically a filler feat that your better off ignoring all together now.
    Doomsayer 2008

@ Shax: Hey, thumps up for the testing! Interesting... again, the tooltips lie to us. *shakes fist*
    Make Hyboria raid again!

Khaletoheps AoC-Youtube-Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Khaletohep

Guides zu Klassen & allen HM-Solo-Inis:
    http://www.nachtwind-gilde.com/guide...-age-of-conan/

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    Fury of the Underworld was only good as a pvp feat when they first revamped Havoc, the point was that it increased your critical heal chance from the pet, which was more useful then than now. It's basically a filler feat that your better off ignoring all together now.
    Yes, you definitely get more worth by filling the mana regen feats.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaletohep View Post
    @ Shax: Hey, thumps up for the testing! Interesting... again, the tooltips lie to us. *shakes fist*
    Yes there are many things working differently or not at all like the tooltip. No worries about the testing, I did not burn many calories on it anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    Also if you feat Hellwave, your Hellfire Stream will "always" be free.
    Only true when not in hand of doom.

Hellwave=-100% manacost.
    Hand of doom=+200% mana cost.

So in crit buff(when you need it the most) you dont get "free" hellfire stream and out of crit buff the mana consumed isn't so much.Was long time ago i tested but i don't think anything has changed.I pick hellwave up only if i have nothing else i want to take which does not happen often ;(

About cacodemon and group dps,i think people underestimate the weapon damage stacking a lot in many group setups but might be just me.On the other side of the coin you can call "selfish dps whore" the bindings+wof thing :P.In my experience group/raid benefits more on most encounters by having cacodemon up.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast