Thread: Returning player and Hasn't got a clue

Angry Returning player and Hasn't got a clue

I am returning, after playing AoC when it first came out.and believe me when I say I haven't got a clue.I am A ToS lvl 52 and just been in the wild lands and got battered by a lvl 33 spider in the old ruins and then when I resurrected got killed by a lvl 38 conq so can someone help me please I have just scrapped my build guessing it was useless anyway and could someone give me a decent build that would at least let me level or fight with a chance of winning , I know i'm asking a lot but someone please take pity on me and give me a half decent pvp/pve build .THANKS IN ADVANCE

i think its better that you start over, you will reach lvl50 in no time, plenty to do to be able to level up...
    and also, conqs have recently received a revamp on their feat tree and are a bit overpowered (at least at high levels)

Is it for pve? just leveling or will you be doing some pvp too?

Maybe i would try this for pve. Chuck on storm field and your heals and storm crown, run into a few mobs, drop down your idol of set and heal and aoe everything down.

http://goo.gl/dPc7W

You wrote old ruins, do you mean the Sanctum of burning souls?

If yes than you entered a group dungeon. With Level 52 (and maybe not so very well gear) its not possible to kill the monsters alone there

Sorry, but with PvP I can't help you (I am not good at PvP)
    Last edited by Falandra; 22nd April 2013 at 07:23.

Quote Originally Posted by shim63 View Post
    I am returning, after playing AoC when it first came out.and believe me when I say I haven't got a clue.I am A ToS lvl 52 and just been in the wild lands and got battered by a lvl 33 spider in the old ruins and then when I resurrected got killed by a lvl 38 conq so can someone help me please I have just scrapped my build guessing it was useless anyway and could someone give me a decent build that would at least let me level or fight with a chance of winning , I know i'm asking a lot but someone please take pity on me and give me a half decent pvp/pve build .THANKS IN ADVANCE
    PvP is a lot of practise and knowing about the other classes, there isn't an easy way to just be good at PvP. There is a high probability that the conq was an alt of an experienced player and yeah Conqs are tough.

Try the build suggestion linked here and stick with the TOS, if there is low level mini games popping on your server then it wouldn't hurt to reroll your toon and get in on the lower level games and PvP in general. This should give you a better chance to learn the other classes mechanics along with relearning your TOS.

I would also recommend trying to join a good guild so that you can talk to other people and get help in game which would speed up your learning.

Quote Originally Posted by Falandra View Post
    If yes than you entered a group dungeon. With Level 52 (and maybe not so very well gear) its not possible to kill the monsters alone there
    It had to be this - I can't imagine a normal mob could kill him even if he was naked and with no feats.

OP, you have to learn to recognize elite and normal mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownSoldier View Post
    i think its better that you start over, you will reach lvl50 in no time, plenty to do to be able to level up...
    and also, conqs have recently received a revamp on their feat tree and are a bit overpowered (at least at high levels)
    For you.

He said he quit without getting a character past 53. I'd get a character to 80 before I started creating an alt army that may never get off of Tortage again.