Thread: Massive framedrop after loading if firefox is open

Default Massive framedrop after loading if firefox is open

As title says,

I get a massive decrease in performance aka constant lag if Firefox is open after loading to a new zone.

If I exit Firefox and reopen it after I loaded ingame the lag is not present.

Anyone know what this could be related to?

Quote Originally Posted by Lurvi View Post
    As title says,

I get a massive decrease in performance aka constant lag if Firefox is open after loading to a new zone.

If I exit Firefox and reopen it after I loaded ingame the lag is not present.

Anyone know what this could be related to?
    I get that that too and not only when playing AOC, same thing happens with World of Tanks too. Thing is, this started happening to me like only a month ago, so I guess it's something with the latest firefox.

But, it doesn't always happen for me. Weird problem imho.
    Barb: Thomaran
    Hox1: Mweru
    Dt: Haikuju
    Hox2: Shugorann
    Tos: Nephertites
    Sin: Leogetz
    Necro: Viggomortis
    and others...

"The sky is green. It is because I say it is. And because I said it on the internet."

Yes, same here happened maybe a month ago

Tried playing around with the hardware acceleration setting in Firefox maybe? That makes the browser use the GPU so bugs can arise with games.

edit : I think the setting is called "use hardware acceleration when available" and tbh you don't really "need" it on a modern PC with a good CPU. You may not notice a difference at all even, on my desktop rig it certainly makes no diff.
    Last edited by kalston; 26th August 2014 at 18:40.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

I've always blamed the flash player as if I have youtube vid or a twitch stream running on Firefox on my secondary screen then the aoc framerate tends to go down a lot. Sometimes it gets fixed if I minimize Firefox and then maximise it again but it does not work always. Sometimes slowdowns happen with random pages open in Firefox so unless those have happened to have flash player open in them (maybe some small adds somewhere which I just didn't notice etc) then it is not the cause of it.

If I've watched youtube or twitch on VLC Media Player the fps has usually been fine but sometimes I have to minimize VLC for few seconds to get fps fixed.

I had hardware acceleration on so I'll try how things work out without it.
    Nifie @CROM

why use Firefox? blame yourself