Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Rangers - Require the most Skill

Quote Originally Posted by Derled View Post
    LOL look at those crom players... my god its like if they are brain dead.

Quote Originally Posted by lmagowz View Post
    I just want to say 3 things:

1)You can't judge on class when you look on 1 screenshot from mini.

2)Funcom have one opinion about ranger in AoC, about his role and balance. You have different opinion. It's not like any of them broken or require no skill, they just different. All classes have "no skill required" feats.

3)People who play ranger (me as example) don't care about your opinion and your wall of text. They just use strong sides of their class. Delred (as example) play ranger too.

Yes my ranger is pvp 6, with maxed all usefull aa's
    but I just use it to track yag or some coward player who keep waiting cd's in hide then gank some lowbie with blue gear 24/7

need to take players like that out
    The Law

Looooool if this guy can kill than its to late for game

But seriously with some stuff nerfed like linebreaker and rending strikes we would see lots of people dropping ranger and going for another class.
    Improve melee and make ranger some fun hybrid, all else is just lame.

Quote Originally Posted by viroku View Post
    Looooool if this guy can kill than its to late for game

But seriously with some stuff nerfed like linebreaker and rending strikes we would see lots of people dropping ranger and going for another class.
    Improve melee and make ranger some fun hybrid, all else is just lame.
    improve melee??? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by mrcorp View Post
    improve melee??? LOL
    yes improve rangers melee and nerf their op rending strikes + linebrakers + tts? where is the problem?
    The Law

Old Ranger builds use to rely heavily on Melee combos in order to survive.

Now they depend on nothing, the class comes pre installed with cheats.
    There is not a single Ranger on Fury that is good or would ever be classified as a good player while playing one. It's all gear, AA and the classes design that allows for anybody to be extremely successful on.

yes improve rangers melee and nerf their op rending strikes + linebrakers + tts? where is the problem?
    Point taken, I thought you meant melee classes like guards and barbs... My apologies.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcorp View Post
    Point taken, I thought you meant melee classes like guards and barbs... My apologies.
    he, i would not like barb to get anything after succesfull gear update really put bar on top again, if it wasnt .. as people say but I keep wondering i get more kills on barb than with my ranger, am i really worse than facepalm rangers? or why my barb get 20-40 kills in JS without farm :d
    The Law

Quote Originally Posted by lmagowz View Post
    I just want to say 3 things:

1)You can't judge on class when you look on 1 screenshot from mini.

2)Funcom have one opinion about ranger in AoC, about his role and balance. You have different opinion. It's not like any of them broken or require no skill, they just different. All classes have "no skill required" feats.

3)People who play ranger (me as example) don't care about your opinion and your wall of text. They just use strong sides of their class. Delred (as example) play ranger too.
    Good points!
    There is just a problem with 2), though i basically agree.
    It is even fine, if you have a dumbed down option for the easy route, but it should come at a price and be a choice from the player. And most of the time it is a combination of game mechanics (funcoms side) and feat choice (both player and funcoms side) as well as a certain gear requirement to make use of these OP feats (again, both sides). At least other classes have valid choices to avoid funcoms "vision" of that class to a point, with ranger this was minimized.

@CatsPaw: I made experiences the other way around. Like my ranger evasion never worked either. So probably there is something ingame (or something certain players have) that ignores the evade mechanics. I even have seen often enough now, that people seem to ignore my 100% evasion buff on conq (and bubble was active and not dispelled, and a few seconds latency delay would be a bit much).
    But i have seen it work fine occasionally, even both ranger and assasin evasion (and with mobs conq bubble always works). So i bet, something is messed up in the combat formulae.

he, i would not like barb to get anything after succesfull gear update really put bar on top again, if it wasnt .. as people say but I keep wondering i get more kills on barb than with my ranger, am i really worse than facepalm rangers? or why my barb get 20-40 kills in JS without farm :d
    The Barbarian class has always been a strong class overall. I've already said it many times, it's a Ranger with health regen.

That's why all Barbs want to duel people and think they're amazing. Because the class can practically 2 shot any clothie, once it's on the ground and tanks damage for days.

Boyaka, one of the worst Barbs I've played with, truly believes he's amazing at AoC. The guy can't even land a combo on the move. His class and his gear/aa have created a hubris mentality for himself.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast