Thread: gear for pvp

Default gear for pvp

i started recently to play necro in pvp, played it with combination of blue 60 and 80 gear till i hit pvp 4 (now 5), so i kind of keep necro on the side but now would like to gear him up a bit at least with some big khitai pieces. Now i see most necros running with SC gear and not many in bb.
    I know when you are in SW that crit rating is not that important, but what about all those times you are not, is it not nice to have bit more for those crits so you can use instant ice strike?
    So im in dilemma between bb and SC gear.
    I would appreciate any input

Quote Originally Posted by viroku View Post
    i started recently to play necro in pvp, played it with combination of blue 60 and 80 gear till i hit pvp 4 (now 5), so i kind of keep necro on the side but now would like to gear him up a bit at least with some big khitai pieces. Now i see most necros running with SC gear and not many in bb.
    I know when you are in SW that crit rating is not that important, but what about all those times you are not, is it not nice to have bit more for those crits so you can use instant ice strike?
    So im in dilemma between bb and SC gear.
    I would appreciate any input
    mix both,sc legs + bb chest+sc boots+sc hands+rest bb, something like that
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by noite80 View Post
    mix both,sc legs + bb chest+sc boots+sc hands+rest bb, something like that
    Thx for answer mate, but that is to big grind for me, i will go for 2 or 3 big pieces. So is it o.k. sc legs and head and bb chest and rest pvp gear?
    Even this is big grind but i am already close to have enough rares to gt chest or head, thats why i started thinking about this.
    Last edited by viroku; 26th June 2013 at 13:17.

Thx for answer mate, but that is to big grind for me, i will go for 2 or 3 big pieces. So is it o.k. sc legs and head and bb chest and rest pvp gear?
    Even this is big grind but i am already close to have enough rares to gt chest or head, thats why i started thinking about this.
    sounds like a plan, but dont neglect sc boots they are good
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Thx, honestly didnt even checked them out, i only looked at big pieces cause i have rest pvp gear but they are really good. One more question if i may, i have t2 staff (the narthex of hell) that i got at 5 years event, and if i didnt overlooked something i didnt find better combination in khitai weapons, dagger and tali or staff.

Thx, honestly didnt even checked them out, i only looked at big pieces cause i have rest pvp gear but they are really good. One more question if i may, i have t2 staff (the narthex of hell) that i got at 5 years event, and if i didnt overlooked something i didnt find better combination in khitai weapons, dagger and tali or staff.
    your a bit screwed with weapons.
    pvp ones suck completly.
    t3 necro dagger+demo tali or t3 staff work nice but best weapons for pvp imho is t3 crafted staff and the sepulcher talisman
    http://static.is-better-than.tv/armo...ster_mucus.jpg
    http://static.is-better-than.tv/armo..._nightmare.jpg

also tyger neclase migh be worth getting its overall nice upgrade and has some evade in it.

just dont expect miracles if you go around pvping with full pvp set you wont be able to scrach anyones armor im afraid pvp gear is that crappy for necro :P, its shlt you need to forcefully do pve to be able to pvp hopefully unchained minis will change that, but if they dont change pvp gear it will be the same.

advise, independant of you using pets or dts, be sure to max out motd feat for pvp the heals are realy good by dotting everything in sight with it.
    try and have as much crit rating as possible to make withered soul proc as often as possible and have 2 points in it for pvp.
    have unnatural dexterity and side step often+double back will save you so many times.
    be sure to have flesh of wight the dot it procs on people hitting you are good.
    have search ability in your hotbar, use it before sw always.

even if your clicking icons on everything you will need to have minimum stun+fear+anti cc(and purge) keybinded else you wont be able to use it eficiently.

exclusively sw when its safe else a sin or ranger will pop from hide stun you and **** you.

you need to have friendly buffs active on your ui else you wont see lotus overload and a bunch of other class abilities you need to avoid.
    check here how
    http://forums-eu.ageofconan.com/show...8&postcount=49

have fun i guess
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by noite80 View Post
    your a bit screwed with weapons.
    pvp ones suck completly.
    t3 necro dagger+demo tali or t3 staff work nice but best weapons for pvp imho is t3 crafted staff and the sepulcher talisman
    http://static.is-better-than.tv/armo...ster_mucus.jpg
    http://static.is-better-than.tv/armo..._nightmare.jpg

also tyger neclase migh be worth getting its overall nice upgrade and has some evade in it.

just dont expect miracles if you go around pvping with full pvp set you wont be able to scrach anyones armor im afraid pvp gear is that crappy for necro :P, its shlt you need to forcefully do pve to be able to pvp hopefully unchained minis will change that, but if they dont change pvp gear it will be the same.

advise, independant of you using pets or dts, be sure to max out motd feat for pvp the heals are realy good by dotting everything in sight with it.
    try and have as much crit rating as possible to make withered soul proc as often as possible and have 2 points in it for pvp.
    have unnatural dexterity and side step often+double back will save you so many times.
    be sure to have flesh of wight the dot it procs on people hitting you are good.
    have search ability in your hotbar, use it before sw always.

even if your clicking icons on everything you will need to have minimum stun+fear+anti cc(and purge) keybinded else you wont be able to use it eficiently.

exclusively sw when its safe else a sin or ranger will pop from hide stun you and **** you.

you need to have friendly buffs active on your ui else you wont see lotus overload and a bunch of other class abilities you need to avoid.
    check here how
    http://forums-eu.ageofconan.com/show...8&postcount=49

have fun i guess
    You are most kind and i really appreciate the effort. I started pvping on necro as pvp 0 and in lvl 50-60 gear, later on i bought blue SC legs and chest and that was it till pvp 4. I think i do o.k. on necro as i often do nice with kills and try to stop other team from doing objectives, when i hit pvp 5 my kd ratio went positive, 2.5k kills and 2k deaths so far.
    I know pvp weapons suck, so far i was using lemurian firestick and now that t2 staff. T3 for me is SF as i dont have time or will for raids. Some casual HM or solo instance is what i can do for rares.
    ofc dts is the way i play, dont see pets as viable choice in mini games.
    motd is maxed and its sweet