Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What to gather before the Crafting Revamp?

Default What to gather before the Crafting Revamp?

Joel, devs or anyone with insight for the the upcoming crafting revamp.

Could you please point us in a direction so we could make the waiting a less painful. Is it possible to give us some hints as to what we should be looking for?

Examples:
    Do we need resources?
    Should we gather magical items (to break up)?
    Do we need to be rank 4 in Scarlet Circle (they will give you recipes for a coin)

Anything?
    Any hint would do
    Last edited by janbak; 16th May 2013 at 13:43.

Sounds like a good bunch of questions for the "Your Voice" next month (if mine are not answered, since they pretty much were mostly about the crafting revamp).

Good questions, of course.

But I´m not quite sure, whether it would be good to give such hints / advises to the people so early.
    Imagine what will happen if Funcom announces something like "xxx is becoming worthless". Prices of this item will drop as everyone who is aware of this information will try to sell this ressource and soon there will be more sellers then buyers.

Nevertheless this information will come out when the update goes to Testlive, so everyone will have an eye to TL. Maybe Funcom should think of a closed beta for the update?

So I think it would be nice to know whether there will be a refund or substitution for the ressources.
    Ich ignoriere die Beiträge von Zatochi und gehe daher nicht auf sie ein!

"Ich besteh ja zu 90% aus Ellenbogen und 10% Herz... Und Gehirn natürlich... nochmal 30, 40%. Durchsetzen - mit Charme und Köpfchen!"
    [Stromberg]

Das bin ICH!(That´s ME!) Meine Videos: Ein Tag in KhemiEin Tag in ConarchOutside Khemi

I guess the only hint given so far is that Shards will still be usefull in post revamp system. Hence, amass those
    Retired

Collect raid rot for future breakdown, perhaps?
    Current HoX: Sandspice (Set) | Heralds of Xotli: LEVELING GUIDE | AA Guide | Faction Guide | Pekka's Gear List | Tafale's Raid Guide
    Always up for grouping with other HoXes: grinding, quest assistance, new HoXes, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexothep View Post
    Maybe Funcom should think of a closed beta for the update?
    Of course! So that some few have an advantage over the rest right at the start. Great idea. But yes, they should, but only if you dont get access...

Quote Originally Posted by Nexothep View Post
    Maybe Funcom should think of a closed beta for the update?
    So that only a select few can profit hugely from being in the know?

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    I guess the only hint given so far is that Shards will still be usefull in post revamp system. Hence, amass those
    Is that why ppl are selling them in stacks of 100 now for rock bottom prices? ;-)

I'm not Funcom related, have no indepth info but the public videos and newsletters. I am a coder though, and have worked on stuff and gamedesign -so let me adress some of these on a pure speculative basis!

Quote Originally Posted by Projan View Post
    Do we need resources?
    Should we gather magical items (to break up)?
    Do we need to be rank 4 in Scarlet Circle (they will give you recipes for a coin)
    As they will most likely change, and the current be obsolete (like the old Icy Crocodile Tears, Black Herald Fungus, etc.) I would advice you to just go ahead and sell all you harvest ...
    -Gold in the bank is the ultimate resource!

Dont bother collecting and ninjaing blue and purple raid items at all ...
    -as these will not adhere to the coming recipe system at all, there will most likely be no breakup scheme for these. So dont bother annoying those that could have used the item!
    -and spend time colecting bank Gold instead!

Get the current recipes, they did mention that those who had the current 'cultures 'et all' would have the new ones automatically ...
    -at least now you know where they drop!

Quote Originally Posted by Thainster View Post
    Is that why ppl are selling them in stacks of 100 now for rock bottom prices? ;-)
    Most likely because some of the Smaugs with extreme piles of shards have friends amongst the developers -who have spilled the bean that it will be obsolete ...
    -or someone have figured out how to clone stuff, cause the amounts for sale are insane and never seen before!

Just my 2 cents and no way based on any real intel -sadly enuff!

On Wiccana they are selling for minimum of 40g. Highest stack is 10 for 600 gold. That's.... not really rock bottom.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast