Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: We need an autokick for afker

They just need change reward system. AFK 50% of mini = don't get any reward.

Quote Originally Posted by lmagowz View Post
    They just need change reward system. AFK 50% of mini = don't get any reward.
    Ah, yes. The well known adage of 'people behave how they are measured'.
    Drunkskunk (Sin) - Petridish (ToS) - Gwarnath (BS) - Tomatohawk (DT)

worst then an afk player is those guys who relog making your team have less players fooling system to asume team is full.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by noite80 View Post
    worst then an afk player is those guys who relog making your team have less players fooling system to asume team is full.
    Yes i see this all the time Its like im winning a game and the next game all of sudden they do this just to be OP on the other team. And the most anoying part is that you have like 2 people who are in your team that are basicly the alts of some guys of the other team.

EASY WIN AND EASY CAMPAIGN TOKENS EARNED.

HOW TO CONTER THIS:

- Just log out. Then mini will close. Period.
    I know its anoying when people leave mini but thats the only advice i can give new players. Just log out or leave mini.
    Rage - Liangxu - Demo

And tbh i cant understand why this bug is still here. FIX IT AND ADD CROSS SERVER PVP THAT WOULD BE FINALLY A BIG IMPROVE.
    Rage - Liangxu - Demo

Quote Originally Posted by Liangxu View Post

HOW TO CONTER THIS:

- Just log out. Then mini will close. Period.
    I know its anoying when people leave mini but thats the only advice i can give new players. Just log out or leave mini.
    The stats in this game are meaningless; just get your kills in if you loose a player and won't be able to win.

Logging out only delays your play-time and XP-gain.
    "Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

mate that solution might be for you and me but not for a new player who will just get facerolled and rage quit
    Rage - Liangxu - Demo

Tbh, there are several problems in the pvp minis here..

AFK'ing yea, thats a problem.. But you know why many do it??? Because at lower pvplvl/lowgeared, it's a waste of freaking time even to be there, let alone do anything..

Came back on my PoM now, and decided to try out pvp (i have basic lvl 80 gear from quests and dungs), i went into pvp, and i think i was able to cast 2-3 heals, and i was dead.. took them 1-3 attacks and i was dead, no matter what i did...

The whole system is useless when it comes to lowlvld/ungeared... So ofcourse people go afk, why bother trying to help when you just get killed time and time and time again, without even having the chance to do anything?

I am one of those that love pvp, and play pvp in mostly all mmo's i'm in, and for an undergeared, AoC is probably the WORST there is to go into...

So from what i've seen so far now, yea afk'ers are a problem, but many of the afk'ers wouldnt go afk, if they actually had a CHANCE to do something... I will myself be one of those that do go AFK, just because and chance on not being kicked, as it's no reason whatsoever to even bother trying with how it works now.

//X

This was partly my experience too. The likely answer you will get will be either insulting you, saying it is a l2p issue or that it is easy now to gear up.

Problem is, that one time they decided to go for power progressionn in pvp through gear, keeping it tied to the pve progression. This came with a move to go for burst damage and many revamps favored the oneshotting too. Your own choices in feat specs matter less, compared to AA advancement and gear and real life tech.

I blame bad gear balancing and power design too. Just compare the stats on items. Even though the pvp3 offers now better gear, they adjusted it towards the bad end e.g. keeping the power gap. You can now just close it faster. On a fresh server no problem, but now the "powerfull" population at 80 got bigger, making it even harder for fresh chars.

About not being able to do much:
    This depends a lot on the class and team composition. Sadly most of the power oriented gamers now define themselves over kd and focus the easiest. As rogue you cap, when lucky you can cc as any class. Your team might even profit from one or two precast heals over time as priest and as soldier you can draw maybe a few away from the action. But you just can not kill or fight properly and have to count on getting many deaths. Also you can cap in some cases or lure the killwhores away from the fighting. But all this might not fit the expectations of "brutal pvp in conans world" or fun for many. Also not even this is possible, if certain people focus you and the resspadfarmpatch made it possible to keep you on the resspad during the whole mini.

And now comes the insulting into play: Why should a new player be active and sacrificing himself over and over, for the benefit of people not doing the same for him who even insult?
    Of course there are many lazy afkers who want to leech, people going afk to help the other team, people with tech problems too.

But i support the above poster, because an autokick or votekick would not solve anything, with the main problem being the variance and amount of population. The choice of funcom of introducing grind to pvp is bad. You can't expect people to get motivated by the same progression curve in pvp as you have in pve. It is also very linear and sooner or later all chars will look the same

Best pvp i had was on low level, where everyone took different choices and those mattered. Same with fresh 80 or duels in 2009. They could bring it back, by addressing the gap and progression and introducing more choices. Maybe the crafting revamp will help, maybe not. And a lot of players would complain or be unable to deal with changes.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 2nd May 2014 at 04:29.

Honestly, playing mini games as become a pain in the ass. Because if you have a "Trash" team I don't want to play and get farmed in my spawn so I go hide somewhere in the map.

Funcom does not need to kick players that go hide because they don't want to get farmed... just add some spawn protection and don't allow flags in spawn.

People, try to think before giving out ideas that break the game.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast