Thread: New Player needing help with Conq Rotations

Default New Player needing help with Conq Rotations

I am a new player with a level 34 Conqueror. My main build is a Brute build and my 2nd build is a carnage build. My question is for each of those builds what rotations/priorites should I use? I don't have the same combos ect as a level 80, so I need some advice as to what combos I should use and what are crap ect. I am soloing content and i am using the builds posted by Erock25. namely his im lazy and want everything and his carnage build. On the lazy build i put 1 point in stoneskin and stopped at 4 ranks of sustaining rage, and am focusing on the brute path. I do have a razer naga, but have not used it in a while so if I could get a refresher to how to set up the keybindings it would be much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance to any help.

If I were you, I would use the folowing template and put the rest of your featpoints where you want: http://joharaoc.eu/feat?link=v16_116...d5ae0d3540d73c

Because:
    1- retaliation: uber when leveling
    2- Burst of aggression: same as above

My advice: pull 5+ mobs, pop up retaliation and fire banner, guard of dancing steel, burst of aggression. Then switch weapon and use bloodbath.
    Fill the blanks with feint and hail of furious strikes.
    As soon as one of them dies, use BoA again.

As for carnage...well...I don't recommend it before lvl 70 and whirlwind. It would be like getting a burger without the meat^^

About your naga, I also have one and I didn't touch anything, I just let it on "numpad" position and changed the shortcuts ingame.
    I personnaly use the side buttons for most of my combos and important spells such as bubbles, stances etc.
    Don't forget that when you press Alt in game, you have access to a secondary shortcuts bar; meaning that you can use 1 button of your mouse for 2 different things

Have fun
    Last edited by MisterClean; 7th August 2014 at 21:22.

Swapping weapons in a fight is a good thing if you can learn it. I used to do it but it was never natural for me so now i just dont bother anymore. You do max your dps and hate that way though.

For brute you pretty much do as he said.. if you cant or dont want to weap swap then use your feint attack (highest rank) and then hail of furious strikes (highest rank) just repeat til GoDS and FA are off cooldown then repeat. You can add a lower rank of FA and HoFS if you like. I used to do that but i dont anymore. Both worked for me.

If you dont have those combos then just check the combo description for something that does high dps and but it in your rotation. Im not sure what you get at that level. Been to long. Just keep in mind your most recent combos are probably the best you have. If they are on cooldown when you use them and you are sitting there waiting then grab an older combo put it on your bar and use it as a filler combo. Hope that makes some sense.

Remember retaliation does some retributive damage and boa is a knock back so can buy you a bit of time if your in trouble. Not alot but sometimes you dont need much.

You should be able to do 4 mobs your lvl easy if your keeping your gear fairly up to date.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterClean View Post
    If I were you, I would use the folowing template and put the rest of your featpoints where you want: http://joharaoc.eu/feat?link=v16_116...d5ae0d3540d73c

Because:
    1- retaliation: uber when leveling
    2- Burst of aggression: same as above

My advice: pull 5+ mobs, pop up retaliation and fire banner, guard of dancing steel, burst of aggression. Then switch weapon and use bloodbath.
    Fill the blanks with feint and hail of furious strikes.
    As soon as one of them dies, use BoA again.

As for carnage...well...I don't recommend it before lvl 70 and whirlwind. It would be like getting a burger without the meat^^

About your naga, I also have one and I didn't touch anything, I just let it on "numpad" position and changed the shortcuts ingame.
    I personnaly use the side buttons for most of my combos and important spells such as bubbles, stances etc.
    Don't forget that when you press Alt in game, you have access to a secondary shortcuts bar; meaning that you can use 1 button of your mouse for 2 different things

Have fun
    Thank You for the help. I am not currently using the carnage spec, but I am keeping it around for later. I figured out the Naga thing. It just took some time messing with it to refresh my memory. I have been changing weapons, which is much easier now do to the naga. I agree that retaliation is great I just started using it and it makes a HUGE difference. I'm currently trying to get better armor so the general tree is really a necessity for me now, but you gave me a spec I can work with. Thank You again for your help. The rotation thing was what was killing me.

Quote Originally Posted by Aylis View Post
    Swapping weapons in a fight is a good thing if you can learn it. I used to do it but it was never natural for me so now i just dont bother anymore. You do max your dps and hate that way though.

For brute you pretty much do as he said.. if you cant or dont want to weap swap then use your feint attack (highest rank) and then hail of furious strikes (highest rank) just repeat til GoDS and FA are off cooldown then repeat. You can add a lower rank of FA and HoFS if you like. I used to do that but i dont anymore. Both worked for me.

If you dont have those combos then just check the combo description for something that does high dps and but it in your rotation. Im not sure what you get at that level. Been to long. Just keep in mind your most recent combos are probably the best you have. If they are on cooldown when you use them and you are sitting there waiting then grab an older combo put it on your bar and use it as a filler combo. Hope that makes some sense.

Remember retaliation does some retributive damage and boa is a knock back so can buy you a bit of time if your in trouble. Not alot but sometimes you dont need much.

You should be able to do 4 mobs your lvl easy if your keeping your gear fairly up to date.
    Thank You for your advice I really appreciate it, and it helped a lot. I placed the combos that will eventually get replaced in the slots the desired ability will go so it is less confusing when I get said combos/abilities later. I am kinda just using the strongest combos now and my dps is much better. I find plant banner in conjunction with retaliation is great dps with burning standard. Thank You again. You guys have been a great help.

Don't forget that these are leveling tips.
    In group or raid, it's another story

Have fun with your conq !