Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A question

Quote Originally Posted by medke View Post
    I stoped testing fire lance when it did exactly the same damage with t4 and lvl 9 weapon
    Does this mean Fire Lance isnt worth feating? I feel it's underwhelming compared to Hell Strikes

It means I got a very lucky big hit with the low level weapon and a very unlucky low hit with t4 weapon, the radom in it is just to high to test it properly. Both hit was normal hit btw, no crit or glancing. Fire Lance is a gamble.
    Last edited by medke; 4th January 2014 at 01:41.
    Johara / Shimi / Joxli - Tainted Souls - Crom
    Feat planner - Achievement list - AA heal calculator

fire lance is 1 point and has to be feated to go down because other feats are useless for pve and it's only use is as a filler combo with fast prestep making it a better candidate for this role than hell strikes.

also if you do damage properly you should never run out of mana as hox even with full bb set and no you dont need to feat the free hfb... 2 little points next to avatar and pots is all u'll ever need.

but what do i know...

I use fire lance because it's cool :P

If you running searing hatred build it's better filler than hellstrikes in most cases regarding pve.

I ended up changing my build slightly, taking a few points I had in Knowledge of the Underworld and Horrible Visage of Xotli and putting them in Butcher and Hellfire Feast instead. Not sure if my DPS is negatively affected by this.

Amazing what difference just 1 point in Hellfire Feast does; my mana issues seem to have disappeared except in manadrain fights like Den.

I also ended up taking the point I normally had in Fire Lance into Rage of Xotli. I realize Fire Lance might be worth it dps-wise, even though it cant be upgraded by AA I think, but I don't really like how the combo looks visually and while it only has 2 steps, I feel the combo itself takes longer than Hell Strikes.

ok mate i understand ur previous template went way too far possession tree just to get knowledge of underworld but u dont want those feats for pve specially by running out of mana in long term, possession end feats are all about pvp and burst dmg with long cd, avatar is about passive damage and sustained dps ideal for pve bosses.

u fixed ur mana problem with that feat next to avatar but rage of xotli is one of the most useless feat in game as it's improving by 1 to 3% the base damage of hellstrike so at best you earn 50dmg on the full combo u use as a filler, it's so useless i rather put the point in fire lance really but up to u

to finish, u'll get better dmg on all ur combos even pillars with butcher so yes it was an improvement and all win win since u never run out of mana now

Removing Fire Lance for Rage of Xotli seems like a very bad tradeoff.

Fire Lance is innately a very strong combo. Especially so against low magic mitigation or elementally debuffed mobs. Even if it isn't improved much by weapon or magicdamage it is still strong.

Your Fire Lance critically hits Straw Man for 2146

first hit the highest one, I know, but in total it did 7k. This without Butcher or t4 weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Diabolo View Post
    ok mate i understand ur previous template went way too far possession tree just to get knowledge of underworld but u dont want those feats for pve specially by running out of mana in long term, possession end feats are all about pvp and burst dmg with long cd, avatar is about passive damage and sustained dps ideal for pve bosses.

u fixed ur mana problem with that feat next to avatar but rage of xotli is one of the most useless feat in game as it's improving by 1 to 3% the base damage of hellstrike so at best you earn 50dmg on the full combo u use as a filler, it's so useless i rather put the point in fire lance really but up to u

to finish, u'll get better dmg on all ur combos even pillars with butcher so yes it was an improvement and all win win since u never run out of mana now
    Oh I wasn't very deep possession, my old build was:
    http://goo.gl/YtxrYW

And this is my new build:
    http://goo.gl/wZBSdQ

I read somewhere else that Knowledge of the Underworld is better than Butcher, at least until you get a good weapon (I'm currently using t2 sword from black dragon until I get Harbinger of Acheron from AoK unc at some point. I guess hoping for Repressor's Firebrand is too optimistic since I dont farm world boss much).

with t2 weapon (~130dps) and without any other buff, feating butcher is like a flat perma +1000 combat rating in addition to boosting fire combos scaling with base weapon damage. Now look at your BB chest and legs, what you had feated in knowledge of the underworld was 4 pts and extending 2 points in longer cc* on top of it to reach the feat so 6 pts total for 80 magic dmg fire. 80 magic dmg is what you get on a single BB main piece, 1000 cr is what you get on both main pieces for 5 pts without any extra since it's completely in line down to avatar. looks like a fair trade for pve to me.

on the other hand you can use pure mage accessories since the deal is only 300-500cr for 60-90 magic dmg and in principle u want magic for hfb and btd dot and it affects a bit fire combos. (not counting recent hox accessories addition with unchained and t3.5 new loot)

if you keep this good balance in the end what matters the most is crit rating/dmg as they affect both ends of the damage stick** and also how well you play your hox in game.

i still want to nitpick a few pts in your template while trying my best to keep ur logic untouched (even the stun^^): http://joharaoc.eu/feat?link=v4_12b1...bdb41c2641be18 but understood my point and i profit now to share some toughts on forum since i will be gone very soon and forever

*aoe root is best hox cc in pve, let other classes with base stuns without wasting feat pts do it imho.

**for ex using an ibis over ur t2 despite having much less magic dmg and even without bel's gem will net you better dps overall solely because of the much higher crit rating/damage and to a lesser extent the bit better base dps.

with t2 weapon (~130dps) and without any other buff, feating butcher is like a flat perma +1000 combat rating in addition to boosting fire combos scaling with base weapon damage. Now look at your BB chest and legs, what you had feated in knowledge of the underworld was 4 pts and extending 2 points in longer cc* on top of it to reach the feat so 6 pts total for 80 magic dmg fire. 80 magic dmg is what you get on a single BB main piece, 1000 cr is what you get on both main pieces for 5 pts without any extra since it's completely in line down to avatar. looks like a fair trade for pve to me.
    Didn't know Butcher was quite that good - seen people on test live forum requesting buffs for it or that it become a lower-tier feat. Sounds way better than Knowledge of the Underworld, thanks.

i still want to nitpick a few pts in your template while trying my best to keep ur logic untouched (even the stun^^): http://joharaoc.eu/feat?link=v4_12b1...bdb41c2641be18 but understood my point and i profit now to share some toughts on forum since i will be gone very soon and forever
    Shame you're leaving AoC, and thanks for sharing the build. That said, I thought maxing spitfire over putting points in Xotli Vengeance was considered bad, because even though Xotli's Vengeance is a bad feat, putting points in Spitfire doesn't improve it much?

Also, is getting two points in Hellfire Feast/mana tap worth it, over say putting one of those points in Searing Curses?

*aoe root is best hox cc in pve, let other classes with base stuns without wasting feat pts do it imho.
    Haven't used Word of Command much in PvE (or at all really) but that's interesting. I've felt it was too slow to use say in Malice HM because the adds are too quick with running to tanks or doing knockback, and I haven't really been to that many other dungeons where CC'ing adds is useful.

**for ex using an ibis over ur t2 despite having much less magic dmg and even without bel's gem will net you better dps overall solely because of the much higher crit rating/damage and to a lesser extent the bit better base dps.
    Doubt I'll ever get an Ibis (struggling with recovering gold from getting mount and buying faction gear lol), but I get that crit is very important for hox. That's why I'm gonna try to get a Harbinger of Acheron/Fellblade of Crimson Slaughter for the crit, even though I have T2 sword with better dps and similar overall stats.

Sorry for the thread hijack btw ^^

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast