Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: Thoughts from hox.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    Yeah, seems like the new gear patch removed the need for combos or any thoughts. Too much damage, and enemies melt too fast to plan anything strategic or interesting.
    Haha so show me how to kill i.e. Sin or DT without combos...

Sure HoX is strong class now but how many heralds actively playing really shine?

On Fury Ahrims, me, Mealtech, Aminhotep, Plotkin, Crazyhox and maybe few more... Rest is still being melted to dust.

Btw do you finaly have positive K/D ratio than?
    Xuhotl - arcimage of the city of Xuthal in service of great army Futilez - HoX PvP lvl 10
    Bordhi - Khitai legionary - DT PvP lvl 7
    Bahary - vampire and your nightmare - Lotus Sin PvP lvl 7
    Shiwan - the last of Corrags - retired noob Barb PvP lvl 8

Quote Originally Posted by Shiwan View Post
    Haha so show me how to kill i.e. Sin or DT without combos...

Sure HoX is strong class now but how many heralds actively playing really shine?

On Fury Ahrims, me, Mealtech, Aminhotep, Plotkin, Crazyhox and maybe few more... Rest is still being melted to dust.

well im gearing my SECEND hox now, and i started pvp with 50 level gear and then geared up to pvp 4 so really had evel 70 level sword etc, and now kd is 3,2k /1,4k

halfway to pvp 5 now
    The Law

I am an average casual player. I am not good at all.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by Derled View Post
    well im gearing my SECEND hox now, and i started pvp with 50 level gear and then geared up to pvp 4 so really had evel 70 level sword etc, and now kd is 3,2k /1,4k

halfway to pvp 5 now
    Nearie is fine HoX so I expect (with your skill) that once and rather sooner than later I can count him within those who really shine

Great Sin or Barb can become good HoX easily
    Xuhotl - arcimage of the city of Xuthal in service of great army Futilez - HoX PvP lvl 10
    Bordhi - Khitai legionary - DT PvP lvl 7
    Bahary - vampire and your nightmare - Lotus Sin PvP lvl 7
    Shiwan - the last of Corrags - retired noob Barb PvP lvl 8

Nearie is fine HoX so I expect (with your skill) that once and rather sooner than later I can count him within those who really shine

Great Sin or Barb can become good HoX easily
    hox is the class that brings fear in enemy, in small places in lt or HV when whole enemy team gathered together u can burn them with hfb + tongues <3

hox is awesome class, always been i cant believe people dont like it or dislike it, if sin gets u its ur teams fault from not supporting... or focusing sin,.,. they should not focus on pvp 10 guards or conqs with bubble -.-
    The Law

Make Burn to Death rank V animation faster and a 2step combo like you did with Shrewd Blow for BSes. Keep Rank VI as is for PvE with increased dot damage/coefficient.
    Make Hell on Earth ground effect buffing all teammates standing in it.
    Make a change to Phoenix Cloak.
    Make a change to Hell Strikes.

Do something about the very weak dots from feats like: Burning Hex, Searing Curses, Burning Words. Preferably remove them alltogether for something more interesting.

These are the most needed changes to Hox imo. The basis of this class is good, only some minor adjustments needed.

Don't make Damnning Eloqunce (instant Inferno Curse) available to Possession. Feat is very, very strong for a class capable of such burst and should be far down that tree.
    Last edited by Lurvi; 30th April 2014 at 11:59.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurvi View Post
    Make Burn to Death rank V animation faster and a 2step combo like you did with Shrewd Blow for BSes. Keep Rank VI as is for PvE with increased dot damage/coefficient.
    Make Hell on Earth ground effect buffing all teammates standing in it.
    Make a change to Phoenix Cloak.
    Make a change to Hell Strikes.

Do something about the very weak dots from feats like: Burning Hex, Searing Curses, Burning Words. Preferably remove them alltogether for something more interesting.

These are the most needed changes to Hox imo. The basis of this class is good, only some minor adjustments needed.

Don't make Damnning Eloqunce (instant Inferno Curse) available to Possession. Feat is very, very strong for a class capable of such burst and should be far down that tree.
    When I run searing curse and burning skull in pvp and use my pyre perk combined it does about half the dps as hell strikes and it's passive. Pyre is great fully feared only issue that needs to be addressed is recasting it all the time but even then I'm getting better at keeping it up after some practice and "molding." If no changes are some I would love to see burning skull an ability so it can be truly moulded when needed. That's all I'm going to say about it. So if u choose to go that route IMO changes aren't needed. I'm sure I'm not alone when saying don't make btd 2 step, it's what keeps pvp moderately stimulating and the only reason I use hellstrikes 5, I havent had problems landing either yet. From what I recall some vet hoxes saying in the past, choose a rank u can land and shortcut it
    Last edited by Mysticblood; 30th April 2014 at 12:23.
    Anuhart
    Mysticblood
    Holyssmoke

Alienware Area 51 990x 4.30GHz
    Water-cooled Radeon R9 290X

Which is why I said keep BtD VI 3 step, so there's an option. It's great if you're able to land a BtD 3 stepper, and you should be rewarded for that.

I didn't say anything about Burning Skull or Feeding the Pyre. Sure the Burning Skull mechanic could use an overhaul too. Like give it a cooldown and increase it's potency. I like the abilityidea.

Searing Curse damage is negligible for the points invested. Don't defend this feat. Really. Get a grip.
    Last edited by Lurvi; 30th April 2014 at 12:40.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415