Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: New BS trying to know how to play

Balance of Nature is still decent to have, but no more than 1 pt in it. Anymore than that, and it's a waste.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAKALL View Post
    Ouch, stop beating me with a club
    In fact I was trying to get an all in one template
    Why make make a watered down 50/50 build if you won't be doing PvP in PvE dungeons? You know we have dual-spec now?

For PvE you need highest sustained damage and whatever extra support you can get along the way. For PvP you need survivability, burst and CC/anti-CC. You can't get best of both builds at the same time.

Make 2 builds. Switch them when needed.

getting the most damage from the Mani I use the more (Spirit, because less damages means less heals) and having heals and damages at the same time and have only one template for PvE and PvP...
    Ok, I didn't get that part. Why do you use mani of spirit the most? What do you mean by "less damages means less heals" in regard to this skill?

- Poisoned Hide: because it seems to deal nice damages in PVE, but in PvP, it seems that I die too fast for this to be useful.
    To proc damage from this you need to be hit constantly - normal mobs will not live long enough to deal any real damage from it, you will not live long enough to deal any real damage to elite/raid mobs

- Full balance of Nature: tanks seems to like it in instances. But I do not kow if those points are of any use.
    What do they like about it in particular? Balance of Nature restores stamina and energy. Pots take care of stamina (since it's only used for combos) and energy is needed only for kiting. If your tanks kite a lot, then I guess it can be handy (though it's kinda backwards to spec for kiting...).

- 2 points of Endurance? Well yes I have some allergy with Renewal :P But as you said and as it is writen in the Smash Guide, well timed, I can crit easily, even if actually it is no more than 1200/1500 on SB6, but mostly around 500/600. Maybe should I stick on it...
    The 2 points were in fact destined to get to the next skill level.
    Empowered Renewal is bonus dps even if you click it without thinking - it improves sustained PvE dps and helps to land killing blows in PvP. 2 points in EotB make you regen 7,5 hp per second (450 over a minute) - why would you need that?

- Full deft? Well 5% seemed to be a must. But as you introduce it , it is really useless.
    It's 3 points. It works only for melee/bow attacks. It can be almost completely ignored if the attacker has high hit rating.

For PvP check this thread - http://forums-eu.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=176951

In PvE you need ~50% evade to see any difference on boss fights and many bosses will only miss if way above that. Only a few classes can get close to this, but it's better to rely on other things to survive.

- Grace of nature: my team and myself were stuck into the ground many time on last BG and I found that upseting
    Put it in a PvP build - skip it for PvE.

Thx for the templates, I should stick onto seasonned templates instead of playing the aprentice sorcerer :P
    Nothing wrong in testing stuff and trying. I learn new things everytime someone asks about something I thought was crappy

Quote Originally Posted by Ruhenous View Post
    Balance of Nature is still decent to have, but no more than 1 pt in it. Anymore than that, and it's a waste.
    But then you need to feat 1pt in Endurance of the Bear and that's even worse IMO...

Quote Originally Posted by Ruhenous View Post
    Not quite true. Since revamp the progression of BoN is linear.
    For 1 point you get around 1-1 energy regen and 22 stamina per 2 seconds.
    With 2 points this improves to 1-3/44stam (doubling the effect) and iirc 5 point will give you 10-11/110stam. So feating more than one point isn't useless. Every additional point spent will net you the same amount of energy/stamina as the first point.

I was trying to get only one build as one of my guild mate told me he was doing as fine now with one build than before with 2. So I thought why not me, especially when you see that there is sometimes small differences between the pve and the pvp build. however, if we can get 2 templates, I assume that there is a reason for it ...

What I was trying to say about the Mani of Spirit was that if people around you take less damages (debuff from Mani), it is easier to heal and keep them alive. I was not sure that the Sun mani would give me an advantage on the Mani of Spirit even if you got a 75% (?) but after the activation of the vision.

Poison hide: got it. When 4 or more hyrkanien jump me, I die nearly every time, despite the Poison hide effect. So RIP

Balance of nature: they say they can spam their hits without running out of END. But maybe will it be the same without any point in it, as this effect is trigered by the blue heal.

Endurance of the bear: got it . Bette r a big slap into the mob's face than a poor HP regen.

Full deft: RIP

Grace of nature: only for PvP and I shall get as soon as possible the anti CC pvp perk.

Questions:
    - Every guildie is riding a tiger. I assume it is for the speed that pet gives you. I was thinking about getting one for me too but the wolf even if not as fast could be a nice mount with his anti-invisibility hability. Any advice for a poot BS who is always ganked and killed by other players whatever is their "profession"?

- I got the wolf and tiger pet and I taught them a few things. Now they both need to learn how to kill enemies but I did not get any quest about it (I heard you had to kill 50 hyrkanians for the wolf) whatever quest giver I visit.

- my ping was 250 and now after the server transfer to USA, it is 300/310 ms. I am using a N52 for some keybindings and whe I try to use a combo with a SHIFT+key start , it doesn't work 50 % of the time. Will that ping prevents me from doing pvp at hardware equal chances with other players? Knowing that when there are a lot of mobs or spell effects around me, I really feel a 1 or 2 seconds delay betwenthe key pressing and the combo launching.

PS: again , thx all for your patience.
    PS2: even if not powerful, It seems that I get a lot of crit with the Smah template.

I was trying to get only one build as one of my guild mate told me he was doing as fine now with one build than before with 2. So I thought why not me, especially when you see that there is sometimes small differences between the pve and the pvp build. however, if we can get 2 templates, I assume that there is a reason for it ...
    It's all about min-maxing builds for certain content. Why carry feats that have no use at the moment, while you could have better ones instead of them? I know tanks who have different builds depending on boss type (physical or magical), where the difference is just 5 points in General tree

What I was trying to say about the Mani of Spirit was that if people around you take less damages (debuff from Mani), it is easier to heal and keep them alive. I was not sure that the Sun mani would give me an advantage on the Mani of Spirit even if you got a 75% (?) but after the activation of the vision.
    But you didn't feat the mob damage debuff, just the dot buff The dot from Spirit has basically the same power as the one from Sun, except the "bomb" at the end can crit nicely if the target has low/negative protection. Sun gives a straighforward buff and you can easily time it with the most powerful combos.

Try not using Mani of Spirit so much and see if it's really that much harder to keep people alive. For me, healing is all about keeping your heals up and timing nukes to allow fluent aggro-swap - this game was not designed for solo-tanking and healers shouldn't try to outheal boss' damage.

Try focusing on maximizing damage from Sun vision and switch to Spirit right after second IB - you should still have almost the same uptime on -damage debuff, but your dps should improve.

Poison hide: got it. When 4 or more hyrkanien jump me, I die nearly every time, despite the Poison hide effect. So RIP
    Poison Hide has nothing to do with survivability - if you're alone, mobs will always target you if you pulled them. If you're fighting elites with a party and you pulled aggro - better kite or pop bubble, because you'll be dead befora any detaunt will start working.

Scarred Hide is the one that works and increases your survivability, but it's too random to put more than 1 point there (unless you're going for Stone Hide).

Balance of nature: they say they can spam their hits without running out of END. But maybe will it be the same without any point in it, as this effect is trigered by the blue heal.
    Don't gimp yourself, just tell your tanks to buy some Sweetpressed Haste if they have stamina issues. I drink pots on my Guardian and Conq and have 100% stamina all the time - my DT doesn't have to drink them, except fights like Louhi (where you don't deal enough damage to tap stamina).

Unless you need extra energy for kiting (PvP, some boss tactics), it's nonsense to put that much points in BoN.

Endurance of the bear: got it . Bette r a big slap into the mob's face than a poor HP regen.
    We need all dps buffs possible and here the tradeoff is a crappy self-heal - it's simple maths, really.

Full deft: RIP
    Unless your party is not set up for evade, your 5% bonus won't probably make a difference.

Questions:
    - Every guildie is riding a tiger. I assume it is for the speed that pet gives you. I was thinking about getting one for me too but the wolf even if not as fast could be a nice mount with his anti-invisibility hability. Any advice for a poot BS who is always ganked and killed by other players whatever is their "profession"?
    All exotic mounts should have the same speed after 3.3.8 revamp. I'm riding both wolf and tiget and I don't see any difference in speed etc., save for special abilities.

- I got the wolf and tiger pet and I taught them a few things. Now they both need to learn how to kill enemies but I did not get any quest about it (I heard you had to kill 50 hyrkanians for the wolf) whatever quest giver I visit.
    What faction rank are you? You won't get more quests if you're not rank 3 or 4.

PS2: even if not powerful, It seems that I get a lot of crit with the Smah template.
    If you're using the template with SB and IB crit bonus, then you should crit more often. There are no other feats that increase crit chance...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234