Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Necromancer vs Demonologist

Default Necromancer vs Demonologist

So i'm definetly coming back to the game (again) and i'm looking for a new class to focus on.
    Before the DoT nerf i'd take a necro any day over a Demonologist, but now Demo looks like a better version of the Necro. What am I missing here? Why would anyone play with a Necro over a Demo?

This is just a discussion thread, i'm basically asking for your help to make a better decision. I'm creating this thread at the PvP discussion session because I believe I can get the feedback of all players here.

For the QQs of sticking pets and running. Same reason I play a ranger.

Necro has better burst and, of course, dots. The dots were barely nerfed, FTW was reduced to 20-25 sec duration. It's still long. Chill bomb + ice strike, if they both crit, can do like 5-8k instantly.

Demo has better mobility, better CC's, and better AOE's, as well as the pet heal. They also have great burst of course, and it's more readily available, but their burst capability isn't as high as Necro because of their two instas and crazy high crit damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Balacai View Post
    Necro has better burst and, of course, dots. The dots were barely nerfed, FTW was reduced to 20-25 sec duration. It's still long. Chill bomb + ice strike, if they both crit, can do like 5-8k instantly.

Demo has better mobility, better CC's, and better AOE's, as well as the pet heal. They also have great burst of course, and it's more readily available, but their burst capability isn't as high as Necro because of their two instas and crazy high crit damage.
    Between the two classes we mentioned, which one would you bring to a premade considering the player behind the class is very good with perfect AA/gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Lerael View Post
    Between the two classes we mentioned, which one would you bring to a premade considering the player behind the class is very good with perfect AA/gear?
    Depends on the team. Necro and ToS go well together because of the frozen hatred snare and the close-range AoE's that people get stuck in. Demo goes well with PoM's because of the fear spam + kb/stun spam between the two. They're both great.

So i'm definetly coming back to the game (again) and i'm looking for a new class to focus on.
    Before the DoT nerf i'd take a necro any day over a Demonologist, but now Demo looks like a better version of the Necro. What am I missing here? Why would anyone play with a Necro over a Demo?

This is just a discussion thread, i'm basically asking for your help to make a better decision. I'm creating this thread at the PvP discussion session because I believe I can get the feedback of all players here.
    Easy choice..Not much to say..Demo is way better..Go with Demo..They kill everything and fast..Necros kill but..it takes time..Meaning u gotta be always in good group..Demos they shine even in bad group..cause they are better...With demo its easier in all cases..Imba burst damage,imba movement and ccs...Go for it..!!!!
    "To the Humble He gives His Grace.....From the Proud He Hides His Face"

Demo is fun to play for a long time, necro starts boring soon.

Look at the screen shots here and do their conclusions:

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...188693&page=21

look at what says the experienced players:
    http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...188693&page=29

Necro is better in premades.
    If you think otherwise, then prove the opposite - show good results with demo in tournament against serious command (for example versus Circle of Eternity or Black Steel)!
    Last edited by Ernests; 6th August 2014 at 07:45.
    Kattas - 10.PvP, full T6 and full AA demo

Quote Originally Posted by Ernests View Post
    Look at the screen shots here and do their conclusions:

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...188693&page=21

look at what says the experienced players:
    http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...188693&page=29

Necro is better in premades.
    If you think otherwise, then prove the opposite - show good results with demo in tournament against serious command (for example against CoE or Black Steel)!
    Again lol. Badacai, Anatu, Ethicx, 'insert competent demo's name XX here' would like a word with you regarding demo in premades. Different class, different mechanics but necro isn't straight out better in every case.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

I prefer Demo's mobility and CC's. Especially a good Demo that uses his CC's for the team.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast