Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: dt tanking

I'd say Ibis > Blossoming Death for a DT, no matter pvp or pve. It's not that hard to get one these days, especially comparing with mats amount needed for T3 crafted shield mentioned above

If one can easy get T4 DT sword then sure, it's right way to go and Ibis can be easily transformed into protection sword after.

Imo AoK shield is best free drop til T4, so it's definetely worth to grind for it.

As for protection fights yeah ,T3 crafted is great, but it takes some effort to get that one
    T3 protection shield from Gyas on other hand is relatively easy to get and it isn't bad at all although has no crit rating.

Protection tali from Wyrm is great but might be not that easy to get for fresh DT.
    Drunk Templar Cimmerian

Quote Originally Posted by Ocelotti View Post
    Imo AoK shield is best free drop til T4, so it's definetely worth to grind for it.
    Both you and Tiberivs are forgetting about Essence of Courage shield from Yag, which is the best pre-T4 DT shield. AoK shield is crap, the only offensive stat on it is CR.
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

Also hit rating (55) and more crit damage rating (65), both stats aren't bad for a tanking DT. Only stat it lacks comparing to Essence of Courage is strenght, but even so imo it still benefits DT way more.

So the question is "if 80 strenght with lower overal stats is better than 55 hit rating with higher overal stats?"

Might be the case of preferences, but I do like AoK shield more.
    Drunk Templar Cimmerian

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    Yep, those are good alternatives too, Tiberivs. But I am not quite sure how easy it is to get the stuff from Pillars or Coils, the two are not often pugged on Crom either.

As you say, 15% is nice crit rating, but better to have close to 18%, and do not underestimate the power of Hit rating. 12,5% is a minimum unless you want a lot of combos evaded. Always have Decisive and Pressing Strikes equipped on perk bar.
    Yeh,is easier to get from Pillars,and yeh 15% is a minimal but with this gear plus with some nice acessories(which i didn't mention) he should have 18% like you said or more,plus there is crit pot which gives +5% crit )
    And yes hit is important aswell ofc,common sense )

Quote Originally Posted by Naerri View Post
    Both you and Tiberivs are forgetting about Essence of Courage shield from Yag, which is the best pre-T4 DT shield. AoK shield is crap, the only offensive stat on it is CR.
    Not really forgetting,yeh is a nice shield for dt,but i prefer Fort blue shield over that one

Only loses vs the crit stats from the yag one,in armor it wins by 2,so is basicly the same...but i prefer to not go blind in dps,a mix of stuff is always the best in my opinion
    Last edited by Tiberivs; 16th June 2014 at 13:48.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocelotti View Post
    I'd say Ibis > Blossoming Death for a DT, no matter pvp or pve.
    Hate and hit on blossoming death should not be underestimated either. Ibis is just too expensive and you are left with a tank weapon without hate, strength or hit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiberivs View Post
    Not really forgetting,yeh is a nice shield for dt,but i prefer Fort blue shield over that one
    Yeah both are good, Fort shield is good

ok thanx again for the hints
    but most of the gear like from Dragon Spine , t3 shield, quill of ibis is impossible to get on fury ^^
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

Quote Originally Posted by Daraios View Post
    but most of the gear like from Dragon Spine , t3 shield, quill of ibis is impossible to get on fury ^^
    hehehehe
    Last edited by Tiberivs; 16th June 2014 at 13:54.

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    Hate and hit on blossoming death should not be underestimated either. Ibis is just too expensive and you are left with a tank weapon without hate, strength or hit.
    Oh, I'm not saying it's bad or something. Lacking stats on Ibis might be not that big a deal, but that depends on the rest of the gear. I just like Ibis more and I think it's worth to get if grining mats for it doesn't scare one

Also if he decides to try pvp one day, Ibis should be more useful than Blossoming Death.
    Drunk Templar Cimmerian

Quote Originally Posted by Daraios View Post
    Oh yeah, I forgot that some pve stuff might be hard to get on Fury, sorry

But if you aren't in a guild yet, then try to look for some, which does pve stuff as well.
    Drunk Templar Cimmerian

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast