Page 32 of 38 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Sidar's DT guide

Quote Originally Posted by Anshat View Post
    iam a little disapointed of all these advices cause i thought it was better than karutonia even if its expensive.

but thank you all
    Well Mirror of shadows shield is better than karutonia one no doubt about that. What all of us said is that, for normal people (people who have to farm their resources) the difference between free alternatives and mirror of shadow doesn't worth the effort.

But if you have a lot of gold or a guild who is desperate to craft ingots for you go for it. Go for mirror of shadows, waning boundary eve maniacal harm
    Last edited by xiulo88; 4th June 2014 at 17:05.
    -> DT:Stiraqvcrn; Necro:Munyidora; ToS:Stiraqvaa; Guard:Stirameco; BS: Stiraqcanya, ...

If you see one Stira wipeing a group or a raid Its me

How does the unchained purples compare to khitai gear?
    I saw it was mentioned in another thread (that for some reason got closed) that unchained purples was better than khitai.
    And which one is better for DT? red ruin with lots of strength and CR or Fallen empire with more armor and constitution?

This guide doesnt seem to be updated on this matter,

The gear in this guide is slightly outdated since there is no dragon spine/unchained gear in here. For a DT who can't get his hands on T4 gear I'd say there are better options for most slots then Khitai.

Some items are undeniably better:
    - Dark messenger hands from Coils of the Ubah Kan are much better then tiger hands
    - Epic unchained chest (fallen empire) that drops from the epic boxes is quite a lot better then Tigers for tanking purposes.
    - The epic unchained wrists (fallen empire) have a bit more hate then LL.

Personally I would also chose those items over the Khitai ones described in the guide:
    - Epic boots of the Dark Messenger from Coils of the Ubah Kan
    - Epic belt of the Dark Messenger (200 rares from vendor in Dragon Spine)

Shoulders and legs you are still best off with LL imo

For protection everything stays the same as Sidar has described with the exception that the epic talisman 'Relic of the Oyster Mucus' that drops from the last boss in Wyrm is now the best offhand.

Keep in mind that all those items are harder to obtain then their Khitai counterparts.

Another aspect not updated in this guide are builds.
    Tali tank builds are not mentioned at all, and are very viable for most of 6men dungeons and some many raid bosses aswell.

Guide is still an awesom work, but I'm just mentioning this in case someone is looking for some more specific and up to date DT build.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Quote Originally Posted by etrym View Post
    How does the unchained purples compare to khitai gear?
    I saw it was mentioned in another thread (that for some reason got closed) that unchained purples was better than khitai.
    And which one is better for DT? red ruin with lots of strength and CR or Fallen empire with more armor and constitution?
    Most people don't mention it for new players because getting into unchained and dragon spine dungeons as a fresh soldier in T2 gear is near impossible.
    The only way to go there and get anything on an under developed character is to be in a guild with active dungeonners/raiders.

So yes, gear from dragon spine and unchained is quite awesome, but much much harder to get than khitan one.
    In most cases, by the time one get into unchained and dragon spine, one is already geared in khitan epics at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Korando-AoC View Post
    Another aspect not updated in this guide are builds.
    Tali tank builds are not mentioned at all, and are very viable for most of 6men dungeons and some many raid bosses aswell.

Guide is still an awesom work, but I'm just mentioning this in case someone is looking for some more specific and up to date DT build.
    Exactly what mellaus said.

Dont take this the wrong way but giving anyone that dosent have top end gear + a good healer a tali tank specc is not such a good idea.

I know they work and Ive played with them myself, but where I live (fury) is not something you can use often.

Im Back from a few months break, If I find the stregth, ill Adds some more stuff to Guide, including the new changes.

So heres another question.
    Since some Khitai purples are only obtainable from HM's what is better to use.
    Khitai blues or t2 raid gear until those pieces are obtained from HM?

So heres another question.
    Since some Khitai purples are only obtainable from HM's what is better to use.
    Khitai blues or t2 raid gear until those pieces are obtained from HM?
    T2 raid gear on the pieces that can't have crit (wrists/boots/belt/shoulders) are just fine. They will probably have more armour than most khitai purples anyway though they will lack critigation.

It is really the head/chest/legs/hands and accessories that feed all the crit into DTs.

so since i dont have khitai hands but t2 i should get khitai blue hands?

so since i dont have khitai hands but t2 i should get khitai blue hands?
    It's going to be a bit of a balancing act for you. If you feel you can get away with the lower armour then grab for the crit, but if you can't then you may want to stay with the T2. Remember that if you are wanting to main tank with sub optimal gear that a crit pot goes a very long way towards giving you reliable VOM stacks even when the gear wouldn't normally support it anyway.

Just experiment and see what happens. If you are taking too many big hits go for more armour, but there will be a trade off as you go along such that more crit becomes more survivability too.

If your gear really doesn't afford you the ability to main tank, run one of two things:
    1. A desecration/tali spec for high DPS so that you can pull aggro that way and just let go as soon as you get it. This will let you off tank with DPS, will be great to learn how to get/let go of it and survive, but is more dangerous.
    2. A depravity/dread shadow spec with goad and drop dread shadows and goad/irritate/etc. when you need to relieve the tank. This is a 'cheaper' way of tanking and doesn't really teach people much, but it is a lot safer for your group.
    Last edited by Boesch; 25th August 2014 at 11:41.