Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Anniversary Event quest - like/dislike?

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    They didn't really. As they say, they came to Tortage following a vision. They were tricked, by Strom. I even went out of my way to make sure it had lore ties to the Black Stranger. Yes, somewhat tenuous, but then again we didn't have a lot of time for it.

Considering Howard's influences when creating the Picts, I don't think it is laughable.

This is my fault, and if it felt a bit rushed it was because I wrote most of the dialogue in a single day, with very little scope for reviewing/rewriting.

Halloween, though, I consider more important than the anniversary so we tend to put more focus on that storyline. And hey, at least we are creating new stuff for these!
    I did pick on Black Stranger reference (Conan rushing through the Pictish wilderness on foot is just epic). I just don't think the Picts were best thing to pick up for the event. Seeing Pictis in the middle of Old Tarantia, hanging out..its just not right. I know that there are demonologist and necromancers players walking nearby, but I tend to separate players from the rest of the world (which NPCs are very much part of).

I do like new mechanics in events and the very fact we get new content is simply great, but I can also point to the single event that had just such a great writing that it was awesome even without mechanics: The Silver Atrium.

Sorry if I was a little harsh with my comment. When we the players criticize we tend to think "Funcom" and not the real people behind the content.
    Retired

Funcom

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    I did pick on Black Stranger reference (Conan rushing through the Pictish wilderness on foot is just epic). I just don't think the Picts were best thing to pick up for the event. Seeing Pictis in the middle of Old Tarantia, hanging out..its just not right. I know that there are demonologist and necromancers players walking nearby, but I tend to separate players from the rest of the world (which NPCs are very much part of).
    Unless something changed between when I tested it and when it went live, there are no Picts in OT. There is a sorcerous shadow of a Pict which should disappear once spoken to. (If you meant Tortage here, then never mind)

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    I do like new mechanics in events and the very fact we get new content is simply great, but I can also point to the single event that had just such a great writing that it was awesome even without mechanics: The Silver Atrium.

Sorry if I was a little harsh with my comment. When we the players criticize we tend to think "Funcom" and not the real people behind the content.
    All relevant feedback is good feedback. I just wanted to explain my reasoning.

Unless something changed between when I tested it and when it went live, there are no Picts in OT. There is a sorcerous shadow of a Pict which should disappear once spoken to. (If you meant Tortage here, then never mind)

All relevant feedback is good feedback. I just wanted to explain my reasoning.
    no...there are 3 picts in front of Trader in OT. Changing out with Gilding vendor
    Retired

Funcom

I'll take a look. We shouldn't really have that, no. But it wasn't part of the design, either

I'll take a look. We shouldn't really have that, no. But it wasn't part of the design, either
    There are Wolf picts all over OT, including Commons. Right near the res-pad building. And other places/zones I forgot. I figured they tied in somehow with the pvp content (but I haven't even had a chance to look at that myself either).

The last time I heard/read about Picts in Aquilonia meant that it was the end-of-day's for civilisation as we now know it, Jim.

So you scared me there for a sec. REH rehashed some of his stories, and Conan (and the civilised Picts!) are pretty much just a revamped Kull, but yeah, still a Wheels turning apart.

*shrug* Whatta ya do when you already have a Lovecraftian expansion pack to tinker with! Maybe we'll see some Breckenridge in Wildlands (he'd be a baer-shammy, for sure) =D

I just completed the anniversary quest on one of my toons, and when I was returned to OT the Wolf Pict Chieftain (and his two sidekicks) were gone from in front of the tradepost. The GM that responded when I petitioned about it, said that the Chieftain was in the Ruins, but I did not see him, and the quest still points to his old position in front of the tradepost.

Quote Originally Posted by Draner View Post
    I just completed the anniversary quest on one of my toons, and when I was returned to OT the Wolf Pict Chieftain (and his two sidekicks) were gone from in front of the tradepost. The GM that responded when I petitioned about it, said that the Chieftain was in the Ruins, but I did not see him, and the quest still points to his old position in front of the tradepost.
    The anniversary quest ended on the 3rd. You probably were late.
    Last edited by LunaticAsylumLA; 4th June 2014 at 02:36.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

It would be a shame, if they require now for all temporary events to finish them in the rather short period.

I rather preferred the old more customer friendly, alt friendly and rl friendly method of "you need to get the quest in time, but can finish at leisure" as with the halloween and midwinter and even the silver atrium one.

This does not bode well at all, if it is true that even gms will not help you finish and the npcs are gone. But Nusquam said they were not supposed to be in OT trader anyway, so maybe they moved? Urchin is gone too?

At least this years quest is not worth it imo to do it repeatedly or on all toons, but what if some other quests they offer something fun and rewarding?
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 4th June 2014 at 04:27.

Well, this has happened before. I still cannot finish the Halloween quest with werewolves. The NPC in the Field of the Dead is gone.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    It would be a shame, if they require now for all temporary events to finish them in the rather short period.

I rather preferred the old more customer friendly, alt friendly and rl friendly method of "you need to get the quest in time, but can finish at leisure" as with the halloween and midwinter and even the silver atrium one.

This does not bode well at all, if it is true that even gms will not help you finish and the npcs are gone. But Nusquam said they were not supposed to be in OT trader anyway, so maybe they moved? Urchin is gone too?

At least this years quest is not worth it imo to do it repeatedly or on all toons, but what if some other quests they offer something fun and rewarding?
    I thought all the seasonal content was to be made available now at all times?

And if the vendor is in the Ruins, then how does one get back there after completing the quest.....can you still pick it up again?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast