Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: World Raid Boss PvE System & Legendary Items

Quote Originally Posted by Hersch View Post
    You have to kill 1 boss a month, I don't think it's too much to ask..
    You don't even have to kill them. Just tag them and stay on their threat list for 1 min or stay until they die.

15 mins or less x 12 months = easy!
    A bocor creates a zombie by walking to his victim's house backward. He sucks out the person's soul through an opening in the door, then quickly blows it in a bottle which is then sealed. Without a soul, the victim wastes away and dies and after burial, the bocur digs up the body and casts a spell over it.

DAWNSONG - Active since 2008

LOVE YOUR DEVELOPERS, THEY'RE REAL PEOPLE TOO.

Excellent! Twelve minutes on a threat list with a level-sixteen character and his Tortage bow, and one gets a legendary item (considering that each boss needs one minute of attention span every month) and, most likely, experience!
    How could people expect one of this "special" moves from such a brilliant developer team?
    Way to attract World of Warcraft's younger players who have not even probably dreamt of that in their game. I assume it is the coerced last resort to shake off the veteran population and obtain profit from less devoted audience deemed as "casual" that comes and goes, but in hordes.
    While one group of people will strive to progress in T3.5 getting the loot, another fights in PVP through ten levels, there will be individuals logging on once a month to come to world bosses, shoot their bolts and spells bound to "1" (a usual conversation skipper as well), and logging off, eventually acquiring the legendary attire to prevail in PVP and PVE.

And did anyone really use a bot to dig resource nodes, which were guarded by monsters?

Also the times of 9 hour boss fights are over since Everquest 1, afaik the only game that tried it afterwards was FF11 maybe that is a better game for you Alex?
    No, it is either Age of Conan or nothing in the gaming industry. I assume that I should get back to reading Robert Howard and other classic writers rather than spending my time on the game testing the waters with delving deeper into the casual abyss.

P.S. I want my six-month-offer money back.
    Last edited by LunaticAsylumLA; 5th December 2013 at 16:52.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Oh yes, because one cloak is going to make a person rule in the game. That noob wearing a legendary cape, which everyone has at some point, is going to get 20 more kills in mini's now. With the stupid system you proposed, people do have to spend more time for a cloak on T3.5 level then to get full T4 gear. It just doesn't add up.

I'm really sorry if you don't have anything else to do in real life, but killing a boss 9 hours straight, 12 times a year actually needs planning in real life.

I don't think there are that many no-lifers in AoC that will actually consider swapping their working days, skipping lectures, not going on vacations or whatever else to kill a boss....

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfir View Post

I'm really sorry if you don't have anything else to do in real life, but killing a boss 9 hours straight, 12 times a year actually needs planning in real life.
    Pew, pew 1:0, xoxo xD
    We will be Serious after death.

The basic idea is not bad (the bosses, the quest, good loot), but they should test and find a way to avoid what Lunatic and others are righteously concerned about.
    That's what i meant when mentioning earlier the "if they learned from 5year celebrations". This and the latency and zone stability. And on pvp servers the murder point abuse problem (whole raids ended up with tons of them because of one low level who made a sport (and probably tagged the boss, too, so his/hers victims also helped him/her to get the loot. Hurray!)).

Funcom

If a level 16 or indeed anyone under level 80 spends a year tagging bosses and is rewarded with a legendary cloak, that they can not use until they are level 80, I really do not see this as a problem.
    Its 1 item slot out of 13-14, sure some of those others will probably be supplemented along the way, but if that makes them more competitive at level 80 after that year then I only see that as being a positive result for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    Excellent! Twelve minutes on a threat list with a level-sixteen character and his Tortage bow, and one gets a legendary item (considering that each boss needs one minute of attention span every month) and, most likely, experience!
    How could people expect one of this "special" moves from such a brilliant developer team?
    Way to attract World of Warcraft's younger players who have not even probably dreamt of that in their game. I assume it is the coerced last resort to shake off the veteran population and obtain profit from less devoted audience deemed as "casual" that comes and goes, but in hordes.
    While one group of people will strive to progress in T3.5 getting the loot, another fights in PVP through ten levels, there will be individuals logging on once a month to come to world bosses, shoot their bolts and spells bound to "1" (a usual conversation skipper as well), and logging off, eventually acquiring the legendary attire to prevail in PVP and PVE.

And did anyone really use a bot to dig resource nodes, which were guarded by monsters?

No, it is either Age of Conan or nothing in the gaming industry. I assume that I should get back to reading Robert Howard and other classic writers rather than spending my time on the game testing the waters with delving deeper into the casual abyss.

P.S. I want my six-month-offer money back.
    I doubt this worldboss thing will do much to attract the "WoWers".
    Having to kill 12 bosses over a whole year is quite silly. I wont even bother trying since I might or might not be around to do xyz boss. Work will most likely get in the way for atleast one boss.

So while I kinda like the idea on paper, its quite useless in practical terms.
    Before you say "omg, you cant do 16 minutes in a month?!", many do work away from home and their gaming PC.

And the worldboss in WOW (sha or somesuch) spawned quite frequently and got you some epics easy. This loooooooooooooooooong term goal Funcom is planning wont get "wowers" excited.
    In a way Funcom ends up falling between 2 chairs. Annoying some oldtimers while failing to excite the "instant gratification generation".

Funcom

Quote Originally Posted by iudexinferi View Post
    I wont even bother trying since I might or might not be around to do xyz boss. Work will most likely get in the way for atleast one boss.
    The system has been improved so that if you miss 1 boss it will be updated instead for the next boss. So if you miss 1 month, yes you go 1 month behind, but never a full year.
    Or in other words if you kill 12 bosses over 12 separate months (not necessarily in a row) you will get the reward.

* White Sands Isle can now be accessed by characters of all levels

hint hint, boss at White Sands? As far as I know pvp on White Sands have been disabled? Should really reverse that so pvp is enabled on white sands again .

Quote Originally Posted by CirithGorgor View Post
    The system has been improved so that if you miss 1 boss it will be updated instead for the next boss. So if you miss 1 month, yes you go 1 month behind, but never a full year.
    Or in other words if you kill 12 bosses over 12 separate months (not necessarily in a row) you will get the reward.
    Nice World bosses are a nice idea. Still think group join and auto teleport is more important" to implement.
    But I wont complain about more content ofcourse.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast