Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Director Letter – August 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    There are three points that I feel people are either missing in the letter or ignoring:

1. It isn't just a race to 80, PvP levels are also rewarded.
    does it bring anything new to pvp? isnt grinding pvp levels again - same grind as well? its rewarding time spend on game, not improving game quality or pvp quality - those are same minis with same chars as on other severs, am I wrong? Is aoc supposed to be game for mature players who would like to get good game experience or another wow korean clone? All Sillirion concepts were about grind - bori grind, pvp levels grind, aa grind, gear grind. I thought you will have something new to offer i.e. bringing premades back, pvp achievement/ranking systems etc.

There are three points that I feel people are either missing in the letter or ignoring:

2. Instances are disabled = no easy dungeon loot grinding to be competitive in PvP.
    3. For some reason the length of 3 months keeps showing up. The race will end when the results are in - I'd suspect a few weeks at best.

For those who are interested.

Yes sure, I can cut it. It doesn't change anything in what we are working on otherwise. People are treating this as if we are neglecting something to work on this.

The question here is whether people want something or nothing?

People keep asking for "something else" as if it that is an option. But as I said earlier, our plans for PvP have been outlined a while ago. Once those are done, I will outline a new set of plans. The existence of the race does not change those plans in any way.
    I see, thanks for the asnwere, then I don't see what the fuss about, if this is only a small event just to get things warmed up until you finish the old plan, crafting revamp ect..Then yea it doesn't sound that bad at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcopthes View Post
    does it bring anything new to pvp? isnt grinding pvp levels again - same grind as well? its rewarding time spend on game, not improving game quality or pvp quality - those are same minis with same chars as on other severs, am I wrong? Is aoc supposed to be game for mature players who would like to get good game experience or another wow korean clone? All Sillirion concepts were about grind - bori grind, pvp levels grind, aa grind, gear grind. I thought you will have something new to offer i.e. bringing premades back, pvp achievement/ranking systems etc.
    Tbh if you get a small group and just plan to have fun in tortage at low lvls, I don't see the problem, you guys can extremely fun, and remember what he said, this is the old set of plans, that he needs to finish. Then he will start a new set of plans. Or he can just cut it as he said.

My opinion, Joel make a pool, see if people want the race, if the answer is no, then just don't waste "resources" on it, even tho yo said it takes small time.

Funcom

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcopthes View Post
    I thought you will have something new to offer i.e. bringing premades back, pvp achievement/ranking systems etc.
    Yes but how does the race exclude work on those things? We are already working on the achievement system and when that is closer to release I will talk about it (and show it).

Again this is not an either/or situation. You will get what has been outlined previously. We thought people might like the race in addition.

Edit: Regarding the definition of grind, I can't define that for you. Positive people use the word progression, negative people use the word grind and everybody has their own mileage. I don't consider doing something I enjoy grinding. When it stops being enjoyable, I stop doing it.
    Last edited by Nusquam; 5th September 2013 at 19:45.

2. Instances are disabled = no easy dungeon loot grinding to be competitive in PvP.
    3. For some reason the length of 3 months keeps showing up. The race will end when the results are in - I'd suspect a few weeks at best.

For those who are interested.
    What is this content about? Solo players won't have fun, group players will get bored, class balance is broken as hell at lower levels...

If you want to create a pvp mode, wouldn't it be easier if you just remove the PvE parte of the game (in a new server, of course) and reward people with pvp/pve experience and equipments according to the ammount of kills they get?

I fail to understand why someone would start with a new character just for this event. It WON'T be fun to the majority of the players.

I don't know, i'm trying to come back to aoc for about 1 and a half year for now, but unchained minis is the only thing that will make me pay again and it's taking toooooo long.

The question here is whether people want something or nothing?

People keep asking for "something else" as if it that is an option. But as I said earlier, our plans for PvP have been outlined a while ago. Once those are done, I will outline a new set of plans. The existence of the race does not change those plans in any way.

.remove all pve lvling

.add all zones pyre/body part system from ce

.remove all pve dungeons so people cant gank near them or jump inside to avoid death or even want to pve

.remove all guards everywhere

.make available just engame open world instances with quests to gank "x" people inside them with daily cooldown, only make available instnaces with cities or strategic points to be used for shelter, places like grasslands with pin pin, keshatta with kesh city, tarantia comons, koppsheff with central arena and central city

.anyone making char on server gets full aa's and cannot use any other gear apart from current t3 pvp set.

.player of each class who did most kills on each class gets account rewards like fc points and rare mounts

.each zone has totems like in jebhal minigame cursing or granting temporary buffs to players

.rewards active guild who make sieges with some fc points acount based, and make battlekeeps reset its walls by themselfs after 1day of destruction.

but i guess that is too..how did you put again

Concrete suggestions for PvP improvements are not ignored - I have made note of some of the things mentioned here - though many of them are incoherent, nostalgic and utterly unusable.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Just fix floating sword bug and invisible horse bug and the game will be great ;D They have been bothering players for more then 5 years now
    Last edited by newagepaladin; 6th September 2013 at 08:40.

Then maybe you should not have advertised it as "Great Hyborian Race" pvp content you developed according to pvper suggestions, but "free tryout B&G server ruleset with a prize!"...

You also could have linked it to a special 3 month subscription offer including a new char slot...(maybe you still can)

As said, for pve players or open pvp tortage nostalgy it might make sense. Also as a test run and for evaluation purposes...

But for those already grinded pvp levels and who know how it plays in open pvp or B&G...it is not so attractive, even with a really big price.For attracting participants to your race, it will be important to clarify what will happen with the chars after the race, too.
    Add something new to that server, like noite suggested and it might be more attractive as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Frezard View Post
    Edit: And you should already realise that most people that are writing here, think race event is a bad idea, you should take that into consideration before you act on it, DON'T be a stubborn about this.

Best Regards Brogoma
    Everyone doesn't think it's a bad idea, and most players never post in these forums.

I don't get why some of you are so up in arms about this. It doesn't hurt any of you, and is evidently easy for FC to implement. How does FC "acting" on this hurt anything? Worst case, it's a ghost town. If it isn't significantly cutting into dev time, what's the difference? If you don't want to do it, don't sign up.

I think getting some low level pvp in will be a blast, something that hasn't been really available at all to US players for a long time, other than a brief window when the B&G server was first implemented, and then in the few days after the game went on Steam.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillee View Post
    Everyone doesn't think it's a bad idea, and most players never post in these forums.

I don't get why some of you are so up in arms about this. It doesn't hurt any of you, and is evidently easy for FC to implement. How does FC "acting" on this hurt anything? Worst case, it's a ghost town. If it isn't significantly cutting into dev time, what's the difference? If you don't want to do it, don't sign up.

I think getting some low level pvp in will be a blast, something that hasn't been really available at all to US players for a long time, other than a brief window when the B&G server was first implemented, and then in the few days after the game went on Steam.
    IT HURTS.
    because funcom prefers to make this instead of fixing gamebreaking pvp armor imbalances and minigame bugs.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast