Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Director Letter – August 2013

Funcom

Quote Originally Posted by chad65 View Post
    I dislike the idea of this "race", mmorpg are about progression, not doing something to leave it 3 months after the release. We need content, you're gonna relaunch one more time something that was a failure 2 year ago, just take a look at the blood and glory servers status: empty. Why not revamp sieges and improve Shrines of Bori / border kingdoms instead of that?
    Analogies are never perfect in this world, but this complaint is a little like saying "The running tracks in the forest could use some maintenance, why are you setting up a marathon in the city?"

They are not the same thing, and setting up the race requires very little work compared to revamping the PvP systems in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    Analogies are never perfect in this world, but this complaint is a little like saying "The running tracks in the forest could use some maintenance, why are you setting up a marathon in the city?"

They are not the same thing, and setting up the race requires very little work compared to revamping the PvP systems in the game.
    I really fail to see the open world PVP perspective in this race and how people would like to go away from their current servers to grind one more character. Here is nothing new except some reward for one lucky person who makes the most grind.

so again dodging to make new pvp systems just same stupid idea of a new server with same pvp content a pve server has.

still no arenas
    still no siege fix
    still no world pvp quests
    still no removing of bori
    still no guild war tags/quests
    still no word on a pvp ranking system
    still no touching guards and criminal system on "real" servers
    still no word of balancing classes
    still no mention of making pvp amors good for pvp for every class
    still no word on fixing gap or removing pve armors in pvp
    still no word about fixing aa gap wich destroys new players in pvp
    still no word on increasing skill in pvp with improved dodge mechanics

you already did blood and glory server it failed.
    why? beside all of the above players drop all their gold so economics is a joke, players made free accounts to hold their gold.
    it has no diferent pvp content then a pve server.

so instead of actualy making pvp content you make a new server where i cant play the characters i played for years.

congratulations you proved your same as last guy unwilling to make pvp content, just sad new servers.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

It is still good way to get some amazing low lvl pvp, it last long? No ofc not, but MMO is about having fun with other people.

Quote Originally Posted by noite80 View Post
    so again...
    +1

As far as I'm concerned thats a very below average letter.

The Hyborian race, not quite what I was expecting for the B&G ruleset. I will not be partaking, dont want to make another character, I have too many already. I was hoping for some NEW game systems, instead its the same content rebranded with "Hyborian race". I'm sure nearly all vets let out a huge sigh and did either a single or double facepalm at Funcom. Getting us to roll another character on yet another server... Shame.

1.Can you give us news on the merge? Date/Times, the letter didnt tell us anything new at all.
    2.Can you give us news on crafting revamp? Date/Times eta?
    3.Can you give us any real information because this letter is lacking in fact and intention.
    4.Can you tell us definitively what EXACTLY are your short term and long term plans for pvp. No more messing about now, we waited too long already. Because if you have no plans tell us so we can fvck off to another game. And if you have plans but dont tell us until you put it on testlive then regardless of if its crap or not we all know it will be pushed to live. So start talking now, it will only benefit you in the end.
    Last edited by K4nnyc; 5th September 2013 at 12:18.
    Pvp in AOC is Awesome!

Any date of merge ? Another one ? Just for us
    We will be Serious after death.

Question.
    So we can now have 2 toons on the B&G server?
    our current one plus the one transfered from the temporary server

There maybe trouble ahead

Quote Originally Posted by JinDjw View Post
    It is still good way to get some amazing low lvl pvp, it last long? No ofc not, but MMO is about having fun with other people.
    But as you can see people here are not for fun, they're for feeling good with their pimped bori/t4 chars which never seen any pvp.
    aocfeats.com - Age of Conan feat planner
    Tutu - Dark Templar | Tuts - Bear Shaman | Nedbee - Demonologist

Quote Originally Posted by ViolentLeonidas View Post
    If i read this correct your giving a option to Reroll on fresh temporary server (it will not be up long enough to get good gear and AAs) then when the server is closed my undergeared low AA toon is transferred to the current B&G server..... Then this toon must grind for months PvP(xp aa tokens) or subscribe to enter PVE dungeons (for better faster gear AAs ect... to pvp with)

Well can't say i'm very excited about this news at all....
    It's just a race... the goal is to go from 1 to 80. No gear, no AA involved. You finish the race and then it's up to you to chose if you want to continue playing that toon or just move back to your old toons after having enjoyed your race.

Quote Originally Posted by JinDjw View Post
    Exactly ! And it doesn't have the purpose to last long unlike rage.

Quote Originally Posted by SelfRez View Post
    I really fail to see the open world PVP perspective in this race and how people would like to go away from their current servers to grind one more character. Here is nothing new except some reward for one lucky person who makes the most grind.
    Come on ! for the most hardcore players i guess it will only take them like 5 days to reach 80. And the thing to expect is a short but dense pvp wise pvp experrience. Screw the rewards, players should join this kind of race to have fun in PvP.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post
    It's just a race... the goal is to go from 1 to 80. No gear, no AA involved. You finish the race and then it's up to you to chose if you want to continue playing that toon or just move back to your old toons after having enjoyed your race.
    Yes i think we understand that mate but you think the precious time they spend on pvp ideas is well spent here?
    don't you think this precious pvp time could be spent better
    I sure as hell do

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast