Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Bring on that Monthly Letter

Quote Originally Posted by Chillee View Post
    That's the rest of the population's loss. Both those dungeons are a lot of fun.
    I don't doubt you for one second. (I did a lot of TL for Wymn) BUT, I can only stand around looking for a group for so long before I log off.

I'm no rookie either. I know my class very well, I put out amazing dps, almost full T4, and I follow instructions, but I can't find a group to join unless it is yag loops/flame/vortex/palace/hoc rare farm mind-numbing-let's-do-this-for-the-millionth-time.
    SOOOOOO, I log off and I stopped trying a few days ago. Hell, I couldn't even find enough people to do a Xib or Iron Tower.

I guess I'm just not cool enough to do these dungeons? Maybe because I'm not in a big guild? Maybe these places are designed for a smaller percentage of the population? I don't know.

I do know that I'm bored. I know that with certainty.

Quote Originally Posted by Erock25 View Post
    Two of the best dungeons ever created for aoc.

When are people going to realize this is a pve game? MMORPGs should always be pve games with a pvp distraction since the inherent goal of a game like this is character progression. Character progression and pvp are not good mixes.
    Now I know why PvP servers are dead...Why they just don't remove PvP and merge every server in one server?I do remember back at the begging in 2008 when Fancom told us this will be the best PvP game ever created was over 20 FULL servers but now when the game is PvE game we have ONLY one full PvE server....Look like Fancom pick rite direction going from PvP game to PvE !!!
    Let it be known forth,if it wasn't before,
    That Primal Instinct is not carpet from Usak
    That Primal Instinct is not silk pillow from Brus
    That Primal Instinct know things more precious then head
    Primal Instinct is not handful of rice to be picked out by
    Every crow brought by the wind !!!

Quote Originally Posted by kinlock View Post
    I don't doubt you for one second. (I did a lot of TL for Wymn) BUT, I can only stand around looking for a group for so long before I log off.

I'm no rookie either. I know my class very well, I put out amazing dps, almost full T4, and I follow instructions, but I can't find a group to join unless it is yag loops/flame/vortex/palace/hoc rare farm mind-numbing-let's-do-this-for-the-millionth-time.
    SOOOOOO, I log off and I stopped trying a few days ago. Hell, I couldn't even find enough people to do a Xib or Iron Tower.

I guess I'm just not cool enough to do these dungeons? Maybe because I'm not in a big guild? Maybe these places are designed for a smaller percentage of the population? I don't know.

I do know that I'm bored. I know that with certainty.
    I don't know what to tell you. If you're in a little guild that doesn't do much, join a larger guild. But on Set, there are pugs in the new instance pretty often.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexothep View Post
    It´s never a a good choice to answer his own questions, especially when you are wrong: New Content

actually thats nothing. Lets agree that even ppl who are in the game less than a year are aware that majority of players are quiting because of the lack of pvp content, lack of pvp with friends, balance issues, or grind. Giving another few maps may help to keep existing pve players but Im also not so sure about it as tempo of deveoloping pve content is not impressive as well.

lets agree that if anyone could save aoc - it would be getting back this pvp playerbase which left few years ago - you can head the company by doing some risky things or let it slowly die while getting as much money as possible from the title or if you see potential in developing game in some kind of a niche brutal sexy pvp skill orientated game by introducing some additional SYSTEMS which will let the game survive for a few more years.
    From my experience ppl, myself included are not leaving aoc because of lack of dungeons m8, but because of frustration. improve ping and give good reason to play premades , premade crafting, rankings and 2 more minigame maps - and ill pay for this game for 2 more years. if i would be playing aoc - i wouldnt be even bothered to see those new dungeons so what they did in 4 months? nothing for ppl who left, same **** all the time.
    I m simply going to wait for another title, nothing interesting on the mmo market for me atm, if aoc would be polished here and there I would be back to the game, but 100 more dungeons wont encourage me to return. Give rewards and encourage ppl to play daily premades and ill be here (fix ping first, dunno but mine is 200-350ms what makes game even more frustrating).
    Last edited by Sarcopthes; 4th September 2013 at 19:47.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcopthes View Post

lets agree that if anyone could save aoc - it would be getting back this pvp playerbase which left few years ago - you can head the company by doing some risky things or let it slowly die while getting as much money as possible from the title or if you see potential in developing game in some kind of a niche brutal sexy pvp skill orientated game by introducing some additional SYSTEMS which will let the game survive for a few more years.
    Literally the truest thing said on these news forums thus far. There is no point of continuing this quest to be a wow copy, it's obviously not working. There is no other game that fills the brutal low fantasy pvp game title as good as aoc could if they just realized that's the niche they need to shoot for
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Two of the best dungeons ever created for aoc.

When are people going to realize this is a pve game? MMORPGs should always be pve games with a pvp distraction since the inherent goal of a game like this is character progression. Character progression and pvp are not good mixes.
    Online PVE is a terrible disaster. It definitely should not be the only direction for any MMO.

The biggest problem is, despite many people thinking differently... is that You can never NEVER satisfy the pve crowd. You have to continue to bring out contents. There is no ending, and after bringing out too much content to satisfy "progression" many of the old contents becomes useless.

Another problem, Multiplayer MMO Styled PVE is really terrible. It involves doing the same thing over and over again for Loot/Gear.
    The actual gameplay of MMO pve is really no fun after the first play through. It gets VERY repetitive. Thus again the company needs to bring out more content.

The best PVE contents are the ones that stays in offline.

Now to the topic of PVP.
    This should be given equal priority at the very least in any MMO.
    PVP is the most easiest content outthere. Players create their own pvp contents. Through many forms, whether its trash talk,open world, 1v1, duels, group vs group, massive group vs group, zerging, ganking etc. ALL are self created. The best part is that in a more complicated combat engine such as Age of Conan the replay value of PVP is extremely high, because you can always improve in terms of skill/tactics/experience. Each pvp encounter is different, and that's what keeps players playing!
    Look at the online FPS games, its the same few maps same weapons etc but there are hundreds of thousands nearly millions of players playing. Look at counter strike that's been out more than a decade ago. Look at the battlefield and call of duty series.

Now an MMO has even better opportunity to keep players in pvp because it has the ablity to offer endless pvp content ( your freakin pve world IS a PVP world for pvpers etc its a content)

Another reason why PVP is so popular and should be the focus for MMO too because it is CASUAL. Players do not Have to have a "set" time to log in and wait for load of others players to pvp. No players can log in do few pvp related activites and LOG off. PVE on the other hand, you have to be in some sort of guild, wait for raid/dungeons and if the group fails it sucks in more time. PVE will never be as casual as PVP ( SOME how FUNCOM made it seems so in aoc)

Point is, PVP should be given equal priority in MMO games.
    There is just too much benefit to it to be ignored. Funcom's biggest downfall was ignoring the PVP side of the game and try to make their game more "pve" and look where its gotten now?

The reason an fps pvp works and mmo pvp does not is because mmo is not a level playing field. A majority of people interested in mmos are there because they love progression. No one truly enjoys yag for the 100th time, as you said, no matter how big of a pve nut they are. People do it for the progressive aspect.

Gear/power progression and pvp just don't mix IMO.

The reason AOC failed is because they marketed it as a pvp game but really didn't do anything to satisfy the pvp crowd, while pve was extremely shallow up until khitai. By then it was too late. If this game came out as is with all the hype and fanfare a new release brings, it would be one of the most successful mmos out there.
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

Loads of pvp players left when 1.5 was introduced, rest left after bori/khitai disaster

The reason an fps pvp works and mmo pvp does not is because mmo is not a level playing field. A majority of people interested in mmos are there because they love progression. No one truly enjoys yag for the 100th time, as you said, no matter how big of a pve nut they are. People do it for the progressive aspect.

Gear/power progression and pvp just don't mix IMO.
    im pure pvp player and enjoy progress...
    you have different type of progress - progress in gear and aa, progress in skill but also progress understood as an achievement of certain targets i.e. getting 50k kills etc , there is also team and guild progress... i.e. progress with your guild premade teams in rankings.
    I was really enjoying progress to get a gear from pvp 7 to pvp 10, it didnt matter that stat wise its almost the same and visual wise its just different colour. give few different but power similiar types of pvp gear at the same tier, lower the gap pvp wise between fresh 80 and veteran to 15% gear and aa power, give some kind of achievement rewards: i.e. pvp social gear which you can wear everywhere - i.e. every 5 000 kills, 100 flags capped or 50 minis won you are getting one part of 'achievement social gear' so even though we dont have k/d anymore ppl can clearly see- this guy got 50 k kills, this one won shitloads of minis, and this one is crazy flagbot. give rewards for premades - not rewards which are affecting power too much however but just a buff to aa gain for a guild. those are few ideas only and they are definately relying on progress. mmos are born for pvp, previous GD was just too limited with his imagination - puting everything to power progress - thats why so many ppl left. there are only 3 golden rules: pvp should be skill balanced, power gap in pvp shouldnt be bigger than 10-15%, pve shouldnt be more rewarding pvp power wise than pvp. (you have to separate pvp and pve - in pve power gap should be much bigger). Sillirion denied all of them
    Last edited by Sarcopthes; 4th September 2013 at 23:28.

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    I just hope that the letter has few words on crafting.

Remember crafting? It used to be big thing back 1985 when Funcom first annouced the revamp.
    anyone actually care about the craft revamp

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast