Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Still no word on when the merge is happening?

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf-of-Evil View Post
    Yep.

This is it. Merge and shortly after a bunch of pvp attention = win

If not, that's it.

As it has been beaten to death, but here it is anyways:

I mean, there were 25 severs at the start of aoc, JUST IN THE US, with 10+ instances of tortage, kesh, etc. Now we're down to 2.5 TOTAL after the upcoming merge. Nowhere else to go.

Let's use logic:

Game advertised as brutal pvp, with pvp centered melee combat. Game breaks record sales with over a million boxes sold.

Higher ups and producers get guilty, wants some wow money, so they want aoc to be as wow-like as possible.

It's rumored the original gd was against it, so he bailed. FC puts Craig, the man who sai many times wow is his favorite game, the new gd.

1.5 = mass exodus

Gear went from meaning nothing in pvp, and signifigant in pve, to very important in pve, and most important in pvp!

Bori.

Exodus.

Server merge, pve pve pve pve.

Exodus.

Merge again, moar pve.

Aoc about dead, ready for last merge.

New gd puts moar pve and 1(one)singular mini game map for pvp. Unchained minis will be a bust.

End of aoc.

/sad as aoc is my favorite
    /horrible managemnt of one of the best mmorpg

/fin
    awww

prolly wont change anytime soon :,( they are still trying to get that dragon spine raid out

So mergers happening this next week?
    Keella - LvL 80 BS - PvP 10.50 (Main)
    Lexxiia - LvL 80 Ranger - PvP 7.68 (2nd Main)
    Sskylla - LvL 80 Sin - PvP 4.55 (1st Alt)
    Lexxaa - LvL 80 Conq - PvP 4.20 (2nd Alt)
    Esteell - LvL 80 HoX - PvP 2.05 (3rd Alt)

Funcom

Quote Originally Posted by K4nnyc View Post
    At least can you tell us what we can look forward to in this merge?

1. Will we get free transfers for 30 days like on all other server merges previously?
    2. Are the B&G servers staying or folding on this merge?
    3. Is anything else significant happening? Like 1 universal trader for all servers? Unchained minis?
    4. How are same names being handled? Are non active characters (12 months+) being archived and having names reset?
    5. Anything else?

No need to keep us in the dark its close enough now.
    1. Yes
    2. Staying and some cool stuff coming for this. See the GD letter next week.
    3. No universal tradepost but that's not a bad idea and something I can bring up. Unchained minis are not done yet, they require quite a lot of code work.
    4. Names is the same as other merges. I'll get a FAQ link for the GD letter.
    5. People will lose all running buffs when the merge is done, so try not to use XP pots or anything like that the day of the merge. Also something I will make sure is in the FAQ.

Thanks for the reply.

Your answers will put a lot of players minds at rest.
    Pvp in AOC is Awesome!

What day is the merge going to happen?
    Keella - LvL 80 BS - PvP 10.50 (Main)
    Lexxiia - LvL 80 Ranger - PvP 7.68 (2nd Main)
    Sskylla - LvL 80 Sin - PvP 4.55 (1st Alt)
    Lexxaa - LvL 80 Conq - PvP 4.20 (2nd Alt)
    Esteell - LvL 80 HoX - PvP 2.05 (3rd Alt)

Quote Originally Posted by m4gg0t View Post
    What day is the merge going to happen?
    He doesn't know yest until the systems guys get back to him with a date. It should have been the first week of September but there are issues apparently.
    Pvp in AOC is Awesome!

Thanks. Looking forward to the merge, I hope it goes smoothly!
    Operator irc.funcom.com:6667 #ageofconan #thesecretworld
    We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
    We ran to the sounds of the thunder.
    We danced among the lightning bolts,
    and tore the world asunder
    Dysphoria - Murky Templar - Icoyce - Herald of the Black Kraken - Eriphyle - Shebearman

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    1. Yes
    3. No universal tradepost but that's not a bad idea and something I can bring up. Unchained minis are not done yet, they require quite a lot of code work.
    5. People will lose all running buffs when the merge is done, so try not to use XP pots or anything like that the day of the merge. Also something I will make sure is in the FAQ.

Took Number 2 and continued dis about it here http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...44#post2061344

People have to realize how much better a month to two month delay on the merge is compared to 2 weeks of unplayable game.
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    1. Yes
    With regards to 3, I'm pretty sure the universal tradepost proposal has been floating around for about 6 months now since the server merge converstion began!

How'd you miss it =D

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast