Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Hey Funcom Quick Question On Latency =)

Quote Originally Posted by Maelkjar View Post
    Well i guess you can just keep driving your Fiat Punto instead of a Porsche 911. They both have 4 wheels, who could possibly notice a difference?
    That comparison to TSW is also a little off, since combat systems are totally different.

Vorbiz Edit: Removed political discussion.
    Nope it isn't off at all.
    Usually i have between 50 and 100 latency.
    Same in TSW and AoC both. Combat systems have nothing to do with that.
    My main alts:
    Cylien Assassin - Whirlwind of death. As in dies a LOT
    Scythie Conqueror - And Petal her mammoth
    Karalee Guardian - "My sergeant says an army marches on it's belly. But I ain't never seen that! "Shakes her head vigorously"

Shameless self promotion
    http://www.reverbnation.com/charkoalmusic

Having played on the Crom server from the U.S. I have a better connection than that of me playing on the U.S. server. I'm not exactly sure that all you Euro guys will have as huge an issue as you are saying. But only time will tell.
    Guards: Schou/Schoujr, DT: Mycroch, Conq: Kenfast, Barb: Sonofcronus, Sin's: Crazyassin/Daggerdick, Hox: Scorchnburn, Demo: Touchofdeath, Tos: Enslaveu, BS: Meballs

Quote Originally Posted by RingOfSet View Post
    .... The only explanation is that they see no future in Europe or something. How's Europe doing as a market? I always thought Europe was richer then the U.S.?
    As far as I know, AoC is the big guy only in 2 countries inside Europe. Am I wrong? Correct me if i'm wrong, but I think it is Germany and Norway.
    If they put aoc servers exclusively in Europe, that means south america players (and aussies?) won't be able to play at all. The latency would be huge. People don't like to play a game with 300ms+.

IMO USA is the right way to go, and in the end europeans won't get hurt.

Moving servers to US will create high latency to EU players no matter how good the server tech is. Maybe this is a soft ploy to slowly kill the game off. I think ill be one player of hundreds that will quit if they have constant high latency. Such bad news and a pity as this is one of the best MMO games I've ever played.
    Last edited by Hollastar; 28th April 2013 at 16:39.

Quote Originally Posted by Lerael View Post
    As far as I know, AoC is the big guy only in 2 countries inside Europe. Am I wrong? Correct me if i'm wrong, but I think it is Germany and Norway.
    If they put aoc servers exclusively in Europe, that means south america players (and aussies?) won't be able to play at all. The latency would be huge. People don't like to play a game with 300ms+.

You forgot Russia. And in fact there are plenty of players from other euro countries. Euro servers are populated by a very diverse crowd. We even get (South) African, Turkish, Arabic players etc. What kind of latency you think they'll get on US servers?...

No, USA is not the right way to go. They have most likely decided to do that to cut costs again. Same thing they did when they moved EU servers to Norway > it was cheaper (special contract or something) to have the servers hosted in the same country as the company's HQ. Now that the HQs are in the US they wanna move the servers there as well.
    Last edited by kalston; 28th April 2013 at 17:05.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by Lerael View Post

What ? The problem would be the same, but the reverse way. You don't want (south) america and aussie players to have 300+ latency but you're fine with europeans having the same ? that doesn't sounds fair to me.

If you're in the US and you're trying to connect to the EU Crom server, you have around 300ms of ping. Minimum 200 for my part, most often 300 ou 350. With higher peak from time to time. A canadian player told me he had basically the same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaedelyia View Post
    What ? The problem would be the same, but the reverse way. You don't want (south) america and aussie players to have 300+ latency but you're fine with europeans having the same ? that doesn't sounds fair to me.

If you're in the US and you're trying to connect to the EU Crom server, you have around 300ms of ping. Minimum 200 for my part, most often 300 ou 350. With higher peak from time to time. A canadian player told me he had basically the same problem.
    We already have 300+ ping now....

So no it would not be the same like sceava i live in Perth Australia and EU servers are unplayable 550-700 ping cant even move.
    US server 320-360 ping is normal for us and playable makes pvp a bit more challenging i will admit but such is life.

Now if the servers are all in the US and Eu is still getting 100-150 ping you guys have nothing to cry about we do fine on 350 ping so harden up and stop crying
    Last edited by Osireis; 28th April 2013 at 17:28.

Playing from Germany on the US servers, get 40 MS.

Quote Originally Posted by Azmith View Post
    Playing from Germany on the US servers, get 40 MS.
    Sorry bro, light ain't that fast. Your measurement is wrong or it's a one way trip (not a "ping" then). With a good provider you *might* be able to get 80-90ms to US east servers, yeah.
    Last edited by kalston; 28th April 2013 at 18:09.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    Sorry bro, light ain't that fast. Your measurement is wrong or it's a one way trip (not a "ping" then). With a good provider you *might* be able to get 80-90ms to US east servers, yeah.
    it says 40 MS in game.

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast