Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: March dev letter?

They could have used this time to at least collect questions about the incoming changes *cough cough* like crafting and dragonspine or pvp mini games. Or compensate the community by making special offers while the company is busy restructuring. That such a process (especially when it includes moving and such) takes time is sure, but also predictable.

I don't expect fixed dates, full infos or any content soon, but most infos we have is now from rumours, outdated media articles or speculation. This is not a healthy development, especially since one intern could keep the whole community busy (if they need the time to make top decisions) and also collect valuable feedback, so they could publish info about content (crafting for example) with enough time up front and more reliable than having to do the whole work hasty.

For example, why not an official faq thread for crafting and dragonspine where questions are collected and later answered as decisions are made?

If you know the game history there is justified fear, that within one or two weeks there will be a decision, hasty made ready content released a few days before Live release on TL and then one month broken content with so much "feedback" coming in, that even an old full team would have trouble sorting that...

At least that info and feedback part could be circumvented by one (!) person (not the game director of course, some intern with a login and mod rights will do).
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 13th April 2013 at 23:00.

Quote Originally Posted by Religolibri View Post
    Still not a single word ? Really ?
    We're waiting on an update about when we'll be be updated on the new update schedule.

EDIT: Correction. We got that update.

EDIT 2: False alarm, it's a teaser for the update with no date.
    Last edited by TeamVernia; 18th April 2013 at 20:20.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamVernia View Post
    We're waiting on an update about when we'll be be updated on the new update schedule.

EDIT: Correction. We got that update.
    I don't see any?
    ~*~ A real life Bear Shaman ~*~
    ~*~ ,,,>^O.O^<,,, Cimmerian women have claws like cats! ,,,>^O.O^<,,, ~*~

Quote Originally Posted by splitends View Post
    I don't see any?
    It's probably pulled from my Twitter, where I've been talking a bit about Joel being in the office and the discussions about the future of all of Funcom's MMOs.

I've been poked on Twitter, and I hope this is the thread they were talking about, but it appears that some people think an update is coming tomorrow (Friday)?

That is not the case, and I am truly sorry for any confusion my words may have caused. Joel is currently in Montreal right now, doing the same thing he did here in the Durham office; gearing up the teams and updating us on what the restructure means for the company as a whole. We'll need to wait for him to get back to Oslo, and then he'll need to confirm what can be said, and what can't be said.

It's quite the process to get an update out, but I can assure you we are moving as fast as possible to confirm what we can update our players on.

As I said on Twitter, I'm not going to spoil anything, because that's Joel's job, but he and the team do have a very concrete plan. It's really just a matter of what can be done with the restructured team and how long it's going to take. There are good times ahead, everyone. Just weather the storm a bit longer with us.
    Amber "Morteia" Grant
    Funcom Community Manager
    Part-time barbarian
    [URL="https://twitter.com/Morteia"][COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]Tweetin' with fury[/COLOR][/URL]
    [URL="http://www.facebook.com/Morteia"][COLOR="YellowGreen"]The Book of Many Faces[/COLOR][/URL]
    [URL="https://plus.google.com/u/0/101026195233172439967/posts"][COLOR="Red"]Everyday I'm Google-in'[/COLOR][/URL]

Thanks for clarifying - I was confused with all this talk of updates and was worried I missed one somewhere!

I really look forward to it when it DOES come out,
    ~*~ A real life Bear Shaman ~*~
    ~*~ ,,,>^O.O^<,,, Cimmerian women have claws like cats! ,,,>^O.O^<,,, ~*~

Been weathering the storm for quite a long time now, couple years even. Can only keep doing the same raids/dungeons every week for only so long. Kinda sad when you realize not really getting anything but keep on paying. All communication seems lost.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Funcom

There will be a new GD letter this coming week.
    Honest.
    I've written it.
    I just need it to be approved.

Things it covers:

Server Merges
    Dragon's Spine
    Tradeskills
    PvP updates

My only worry is that after it is released I won't have anything new to talk about for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    There will be a new GD letter this coming week.
    Honest.
    I've written it.
    I just need it to be approved.

Things it covers:

Server Merges
    Dragon's Spine
    Tradeskills
    PvP updates

My only worry is that after it is released I won't have anything new to talk about for a while.
    Dont worry, we're used to hearing the same information written in different ways.

Funcom

Quote Originally Posted by Fass View Post
    Dont worry, we're used to hearing the same information written in different ways.
    Like this?

Next month:

Serverfshizzle merges
    Dragon's Spineiggity
    Tradesmizzle my 'nizzle
    PvP updates (Serious business - don't make jokes about PvP)

Disclaimer: I may be jetlagged and my sense of humor could be about 6hrs behind me.
    Last edited by Nusquam; 21st April 2013 at 15:59.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast